Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just to get you to think about stuff)
May 12, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #5,296 of 6,500
I am suspecting they might be audiophile equipment dealer or some kind of reseller. Maybe the schiit Ygg is burning into their high end Swiss Jewelry audio market. That maybe why they feel the need to dismiss a product before hearing it.

May 12, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #5,298 of 6,500
I'm not wishing anything on anyone. I didn't phrase it correctly, meant it as a reply. All I'm seeing from those that express their dislike of the Yggy is product page dissecting, perhaps if they heard it it would be easier to listen to them. 

Your aggression dumbfounds me though. I've never spoken with you but I understand I annoyed some way. I'm not gonna apologize but I don't see how anyone would understand why you post in this thread either.

I am interested in the Yggy, concerned of the cost of bringing it to where I live but very interested nonetheless.

I'm sorry... I glanced at your name, completely misread it... Though you were someone else. Really sorry. I'm a jackass!! Btw, I'm interested in it as well. :wink:

May 12, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #5,299 of 6,500
  1. @warrior1975
It's all good man, no sweat. These things can happen.
tongue.gif

May 12, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #5,300 of 6,500
if he's dismissing Schiit's experience with digital filters, he apparently he doesn't know about Mike's background with Theta.  Ultimately, though, it's just some anonymous person's opinion on the interweb...and you know what they say about opinions...
And moreso your opinion.

The filter used was designed for R2R 25 years ago. Knowledgeable and experienced, yet just recycle filters from 25 years ago?

May 12, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #5,302 of 6,500
May 12, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #5,304 of 6,500
"Off the shelf" is a BS term. All of the components are available online, maybe excepting custom transformers. It implies anyone can drop them into a box and make their own high-end DAC.

May 12, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #5,305 of 6,500
And moreso your opinion.

The filter used was designed for R2R 25 years ago. Knowledgeable and experienced, yet just recycle filters from 25 years ago?

Actually, I think Schiit has been quite candid about the fact that their filter is derived from a 1917 publication by Western Electric.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/701900/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up/1335#post_10629320

May 12, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #5,308 of 6,500
Why the venom dude?

Someone needs to smoke a joint....and mellow out.

He's lookin for love in all the wrong places.

Don't see any venom...and certainly don't need nor ever smoke a joint...nor looking for love...but last time I checked, this is a forum, not the Yggy's house nor office.

I think my points are very valid, that's why I wonder why it doesn't elicit replies on the merits...and the other replies eye for an eye reactions/replies only, never initiatory.

May 12, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #5,309 of 6,500
And moreso your opinion.

I solved some calculus problems in high school many years ago. I don't think the math has changed since then.

May 12, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #5,310 of 6,500
As this thread is about comparing the tonalities of different R2R and D-S Dacs, it will be extremely helpful if posters can include reference of music material (e.g. youtube links) similar to those in the Grado Fans Club thread. Youtube materials are not of high resolution but good enough for tonality comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back