Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Feb 2, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #3,661 of 3,962
Just a thought, recently, suppose xin computer went down for a bit after all he was off stream for a bit, and we were all all in place, in case he lost our orders on stream, or vanished? and he is waiting on us to remind him, just think he has 100 units to dispatch but cant find the original invoice, is it us to remind him again just i case(suppose he cant find original order) ed

Feb 2, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #3,662 of 3,962
you can always remind him... but he does keep a log of orders somewhere, i can assure you because mine's been a year and half before it was delivered to me. i was suprised he actually remembered.

Feb 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #3,663 of 3,962
Hello aluren, thanks, when did you receive your amp from dr xin , was it recently, just trying to get a timeframe, on his present deliveries, which version did you receive,micro or reference, mini or whatever, maybe i will email him my order ref no invoice, just in case, could be a good idea, ed

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #3,665 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a Supermicro on 7/24/07 and just received it on 1/24/09

congratulations aluren, long wait indeed
smily_headphones1.gif

today is my 18 month anniversary.

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #3,667 of 3,962
I ordered mine just checking dates, on sept 24th 2007 a micro and reference certainly a long time waiting i guess his timeframe is to be expected, surely he should state that on his website,anyway im listening to my creek obh 21se at the moment and no complaints the sound is pure and liquid, its not a portable amp.has good mains transformer, at the same time,my c&c xo has enough juice too,using grado 80,and 225,ed

Feb 8, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #3,668 of 3,962
Hi I just did a comparison of the B, B3, and C3 boards. The top end on the B which I used to love sounds harsh in comparison w/ the B3 and C3.

Of the two newer boards I prefer the C3 closely followed by the B3 so I will give them another 160 hours of burn in which should put them in the over 500 hours.

The B3 compared w/ the C3 has a more mellow presentation yet the treble sounds better (smoother and with a bit more detail) in the C3. Can't explain it. Also the bass in the C3 has more punch and overall a bit more power, yet it should last close to 200 hours per four AAA batteries.

Either one would be an awesome unit. Note: Did not compare w/ the B2 or the C2 since Dr. Xin sent me an email indicating they were not stable under certain conditions which is the reason for the B3 and C3 boards.

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #3,669 of 3,962
mrarroyo, I think the key to finalize the Reference sound lies in getting that combo which resembles SR-71 and MiniBox-E+ combined. If Xin can hit that sweet spot between those two amp I believe we will have a real killer. The C3 does seems to be heading that way, so perhaps you should tell Xin to continue working on that one. Cheers.

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #3,671 of 3,962
Thanks lads for doing the correlation and testing ,myarro,efn, in the meantime the delivery date is getting extended, not to mention worry all those waiting, perhaps he might even dispatch some units soon even 1st generation amps, again i know dr xin loves r&d now i dont know myself which version to go for, ed.

Feb 10, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #3,672 of 3,962
HAVING SAID THAT, THE EVALUATION IS ON GOING IT MIGHT NEVER END BECAUSE EVERY TIME WE SWITCH ON AND WONDER THERE IS MORE TO APPRECIATE AND DECIPHER AND IN THE MEANTIME WILL WE NEVER KNOW WHEN DR XIN ACTUALLY EVEN RELEASE ONE OF HIS MASTERPICES TO US ORDINALY MERE MORTALS ,ED
confused_face.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #3,674 of 3,962
according to recent emails from Dr. Xin, version B will now become the standard default version, replacing both the original and version A.

version C will sound similar, but with a slight increase in power.

version D will have the most power, but will use a different chip-set that sounds less "tube-like" than the other versions.

of course, given Xin's capricious nature, season all information with salt.

hope this helps anyone still trying to untangle this web.

Feb 11, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #3,675 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received an email from Dr. Xin. He indicated he is close to finalizing the Reference design, hope it is correct so all those expecting their amp get it.

Thank you, Miguel. With Dr Xin's communication being what it is we would be in an even worse situation without you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back