Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Nov 29, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #3,406 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by zackhugh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received my Reference on 11/28, packaged in the trademark plastic bag and purple napkin. Pretty quick to receive it factoring in the holiday the previous day.

FWIW, right out of the box to me the highs were a bit harsh, almost distorted, but there's something about the sound quality that makes it instantly compelling. Nicely detailed, musical sounding, even exciting to listen to if that makes any sense. Even with little burn-in I already kind of prefer it to my iBasso P2. I look forward to hearing the changes/improvements in sound as time goes by.

Gotta love those napkins. ....Oh yeah, the amps are pretty good too.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #3,407 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I am very, very happy.

If you are happy, then we are happy. At least, vicariously.

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #3,408 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are happy, then we are happy. At least, vicariously.

Now if I could only get the Pico sound in the SuperMicro form factor, I'd be insanely happy.
ksc75smile.gif
Ah, it never ends does it? On second thought, I'll stick with very, very happy and be grateful for that.
cool.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #3,409 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now if I could only get the Pico sound in the SuperMicro form factor, I'd be insanely happy.
ksc75smile.gif

Be on the lookout for my upcoming MOT Sponsored Thread, "Introducing The sbulack SuperMico"
wink.gif
Just kidding!

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #3,410 of 3,962
The Micro takes time, like all of them, to smooth out. You haven't totally heard the Micro yet. It will also open up more. I also prefer the eneloop battery for its lower internal resistance and better current delivery. Xin also recommends the eneloop.

Nov 29, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #3,411 of 3,962
I am getting another Supermini. Dr Xin says the SQ of Macro and Mini is much improved.
Supermini has always won my heart for its form factor and features with SQ. The SQ was a tad below that of reference before. I wonder new improvements would make it to be in the same league as reference.

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #3,412 of 3,962
From what I understand it should be in the same arena.

Nov 29, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #3,413 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Micro takes time, like all of them, to smooth out. You haven't totally heard the Micro yet. It will also open up more. I also prefer the eneloop battery for its lower internal resistance and better current delivery. Xin also recommends the eneloop.

Thanks for the tips. I need to go to Costco anyway, so I'll pick one of the charger kits if in stock while there. Do you know if there is anything special about the charger itself? I have a Panasonic charger already, just in case Costco only carries the batteries.

Do you have any rough estimate of time for the majority of burn in, 200 hrs--400 hrs. etc. Its been a long time since I burned in an amp, especially a portable. I was excited to get the Xin and didn't even think of the burn in factor.

Nov 29, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #3,414 of 3,962
I don't think it is too long, a couple of hundred hours. Some feel there isn't any burn-in for anything but I don't agree as there is the forming of the cap and on and on. At least 100 hours. I heard changes on the RSA Predator after 1000 hours and this was noted by others but the Micro has a small cap and shouldn't take too long but there will be some small changes.

Nov 30, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #3,415 of 3,962
Quote:

I don't think it is too long, a couple of hundred hours. Some feel there isn't any burn-in for anything but I don't agree as there is the forming of the cap and on and on. At least 100 hours. I heard changes on the RSA Predator after 1000 hours and this was noted by others but the Micro has a small cap and shouldn't take too long but there will be some small changes.

Thanks again. Based upon my experience (I started out neutral on the issue), I feel that burn in is real at least for amps and headphones--maybe for other things as well but not enough that I've taken note. I also know that difference gear is more or less prone to burn in effects. (My Edition 9s had big changes to 150 hrs, significant changes to 250 hrs and I believe even some subtle changes post 400 hours. But I didn't notice a lot of change with a new Senn 580 or my 650s.) I have little prior experience with Xin, although I did have a long term borrow of an older version Macro that may or may not have been burned in.

With all things audio, I like to put the philosophies aside and go with my experience. I definitely have seen nice changes with the Xin from 0 to about 40 hours. (No brain burn in there as I wasn't listening to it between the times.) It would be great if the Micro could pick up some more of the sweetness and smoothness I hear in the Pico. But everything has its unique sound signature. It is easy to appreciate the Xin for what it is, and it's always nice if there is more.

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #3,417 of 3,962
Even in comparing them, since I don't have those headphones, I am not sure it would help. What is the general sound of the ESW10JPN?

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #3,419 of 3,962
The P-51 has a good solid bass, the Predator slightly less, and the Reference has a very solid bass but not quite as noticeable as the 51. The SR-71A does not quite have as much impact as the 51. The 51 isn't really emphasized in the bass region but does have a little more rise in this area.

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #3,420 of 3,962
Quote:

The P-51 has a good solid bass, the Predator slightly less, and the Reference has a very solid bass but not quite as noticeable as the 51. The SR-71A does not quite have as much impact as the 51. The 51 isn't really emphasized in the bass region but does have a little more rise in this area.

Better bass than either the Predator and SR-71A? Better mids than either as well? So when is the last day for the Christmas discount?
jecklinsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back