Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Nov 23, 2008 at 11:00 AM Post #3,361 of 3,962
"Funny the path events take as they push their own way forward around and through our intentions and designs."

So true-maybe amps are a metaphor for life!
dt880smile.png

M

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #3,362 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The newest.

that is interesting. for the newest Reference, have you tried with 12k uf cap and bypass it with BG?

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #3,363 of 3,962
No, I just got it and this is how Xin intends for it to sound so I will stick with that, for now. The Panasonic 22,000uf is new to me and will take some time to form: it has very good specs.

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #3,365 of 3,962
Ok, but any time a page is opened the msg indicators pops up before the page, like this one, does, so it is hard to miss. Anyway, you have a PM in response to your PM. When you get it let me know here. lol

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #3,367 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sfflyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
18 months and 17 days later I get the storied notice saying:

"A package was shipped to you on 11/21/2008 via U.S. Postal Service Priority
Mail, Flat Rate Env to the following address:"

My Tomahawk is now very nervous
wink_face.gif

My friend, it looks like you and I are tied for the record of the longest wait (that I have seen referenced) for a Xin. Today I got a e-mail confirming shipment of a Super Micro IV at 18 months and 17 days after original placement of the order. Whew, what a wait.

I originally paid vis PayPal but requested and received a refund after about nine wait. But I remained in the que and figured that if the amp ever showed up great, and if not great.

Since that time I have fallen in love with the sound of the Pico, from listening at meets and then a friend's Pico purchase based upon my recommendation. But I have also come to learn that based upon the size of the Pico or Tomahawk, the external portable amps are still too large and cumbersome for me. I believe the Micro is even smaller, so I hope it will work for me better. And I'll get to compare the SQ of the Xin and my friend's Pico which will be fun. But if the amp set up is still too cumbersome for me, I'll sell the Xin and just go sans amp. Yes after that wait, I might sell the Xin--too funny.

PS. For those who have bailed out recently on their orders, as Xin seems to be communicating and shipping, maybe you could e-mail him and get reinstated on the que. I imagine Xin has a back-log, but I should think that those who have waited 15 months and then canceled wouldn't have too long of a wait, although there are obviously no guarantees.

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #3,368 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I just got it and this is how Xin intends for it to sound so I will stick with that, for now. The Panasonic 22,000uf is new to me and will take some time to form: it has very good specs.

If you can actually wait to tweak with your stock Reference until the 22,000uf cap has formed, then you, more than all of those who have waited 15-18 months to receive a Reference, are named the "Recipient of the sbulack Greatest Patience Award in the Portable Reference Amps Built in Oregon Category". Really, you're not going to add or change the bypass cap, or a resistor value, nothing? until that huge honkin' 22,000 uf cap forms? If you can do that, then the Committee concurs, you've got this Award.

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #3,369 of 3,962
It sounds so good I don't want to touch it. Very unusual for me. 8^)

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #3,370 of 3,962
I'll wait till the panasonic 22k uf cap here to decide. Mean while, i love 12k uf cap from my beta ref on it.

Nov 25, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #3,372 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by zackhugh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In case anyone's interested, my Reference was shipped today, 11/25. Order# 38809088 Date: May 17, 2007

I'm very interested, and actively following dates ordered, order #'s and ship dates. Your provision of this valued data is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Nov 26, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #3,375 of 3,962
One of my references has a 22,000 uF Nichicon Cap w/ 843 hours of burn in as of today. At about 800 hours of burn in I added a 1,000 uF Cap unto the board as per Dr. Xin's recomendation.

The 2nd Reference has a 12,000 uF Cap and it has about 170 hours of burn in. I will attempt to compare them this coming Sunday.

I wish there was a quicker way to burn in these large caps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back