Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Nov 8, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #3,242 of 3,962
Got a reference,it is fantastic with !/8 and 1/4 inputs and outputs,yet so tiny.
Haven't got time to try it out until tomorrow though.Got it from Oregon to Ohio in about 36 hours.WOW
happy_face1.gif
happy_face1.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 11:37 AM Post #3,245 of 3,962
Package sent for me
Will let you know when I get it
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #3,247 of 3,962
April 07
The reference was shipped using USPS EMS so it should be here soon - at least I hope.

Nov 10, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #3,248 of 3,962
Ok,
I finally got an email from Xin (ordered 19 months ago). But my order was for either amp and my needs have changed now. I use very demanding Orthodynamic headphones.

Do you think the supermicro would suit me? Or the supermini, or Reference?

Nov 10, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #3,249 of 3,962
surely the reference is going to be the most capable of driving anything demanding like orthos, compared with SMIV and mini IMHO.

it may not be best with any, but ref is gonna provide most power out of them all, isnt the SMIV using 5x voltage multiplier to squeeze output?

Nov 10, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #3,250 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
surely the reference is going to be the most capable of driving anything demanding like orthos, compared with SMIV and mini IMHO.

it may not be best with any, but ref is gonna provide most power out of them all, isnt the SMIV using 5x voltage multiplier to squeeze output?

Thanks,
I'll go with the Reference. I ordered this so long ago when power wasnt a big requirement. Things have changed now, but I may as well get a Xin amp after going through SUCH a long wait.

Nov 10, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #3,251 of 3,962
This has appeared on the Xin Web site, headed 'My Sincere Apolgy':-

<<<Very sorry for the super long wait, I don't want give any excuse but sincere apology.

I've started order processing and shipping. I can ship out about 5 to 10 amps per day. Each and every amp is made by my own hands, from boards soldering, cases manufacturing, final assembly to shipping. Even though parts price and shipping cost have increased a lot, I won't raise the price.

If you have canceled your order, please feel free to email me if you still want it. I'll process your order in the original position in the line. I never want more sales, I just feel very bad for disappointing you after such a long wait. I understand fully.

Here are some changes to the latest amps:

For SuperMacro-IV/LE and SuperMini-IV, they are no longer designed for all OPAMPs, but optimized for most popular audio OPAMPs only. As a result, some OPAMPs (such as AD8397) need some special treatments before plugged into these amps, especially in 3rd and 4th channels.

For SuperMini-IV and SuperMicro-IV, the input and output jacks are now securely mounted to ensure durability.

The charging circuit in SuperMacro-IV/LE has been improved to avoid heat during charging but speed is decreased to 3-4 hours (still very fast).

All the amps including Reference has been improved on all the aspects I could think of. You'll love the new sound and they'll server you reliably.

When your order is processed, you'll receive two email notifications: one is a PDF file of your invoice showing what you ordered and how much you were charged; the other email is about shipping details with, if available, a tracking #. There is no any documents included in the package, upon to the requests from some customers. If your credit card has expired, we'll email you.

Thank you and please feel free to email me if you have any concern about your order and amp.

Currently shipping: order # 38662325>>>

Nov 10, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #3,252 of 3,962
Nice to see he seems to be getting back on track.

Nov 10, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #3,253 of 3,962
What is so funny and stupid about how Xin operates is that this is all he needed to do months ago- and I think most would agree the resentment would have been mitigated. Now a year+ later, I don't know... Too little too late comes to mind. But even now it still goes along way. Communication is the key, to almost everything in life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back