Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Jul 27, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #3,061 of 3,962
Very nice, I am glad to hear that he is shipping.

Jul 28, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #3,062 of 3,962
i was wondering where this thread was. Its in the full size section?:S!

Anyway great to hear he is shipping!!! Im in the April bunch so fingers crossed I am soon.

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:15 PM Post #3,063 of 3,962
I'm in the april bunch too so we might be getting something for christmas
wink.gif

Jul 28, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #3,064 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jolly good to hear my patient friend.

you deserved it wow, that is a hell of a wait.

unfortunately i am not excited at owning the reference now as i was when i ordered, but i have left the order stand.

as i have sold everything portable, amp wize, ironically xin may have the final hand of landing me with a portable amp in a few months that i may just need again!
wink.gif

the new Reference does a good job with home headphones. Well the Ultrasones aren't hard to drive, the HD650's a little more so but the Ref does a fine job. Very surprisingly so.

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #3,065 of 3,962
Congrats to J.

......But, 1 "SINGLE" confirmed shippment since the notice of "Shipping begins tomorrow" about 3.5 weeks ago is not at all impressive to me.

Add that to 2-4 (VERY UNimpressive) shipments confirmed back in March and maybe I will have my Amp by "Thanksgiving" 2021......

This is EASILY the most rediculous purchase process I have ever seen or even heard of.... by a HUGE margin!

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #3,068 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
......But, 1 "SINGLE" confirmed shippment since the notice of "Shipping begins tomorrow" about 3.5 weeks ago is not at all impressive to me.

Add that to 2-4 (VERY UNimpressive) shipments confirmed back in March and maybe I will have my Amp by "Thanksgiving" 2021......

Also add to that a request for a PayPal refund emailed on 7/20 and posted on fixup.net on 7/23 has not been replied to or a refund issued as of this post. Not a promising response to the invitation: "If you paid with paypal and cannot wait any more, please email me and I'll refund you immediately.".

As long as I'm posting, tomorrow (08/08/08) is the 1 year anniversary of my paid Reference order. YAYYYYY!!!!! I've made the 12 month, 1 year club. (8/9/2008 edit: Yesterday was my official, actual, one year anniversary)

Aug 13, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #3,071 of 3,962
One year for me as well..

Aug 13, 2008 at 12:53 PM Post #3,072 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Not a promising response to the invitation: "If you paid with paypal and cannot wait any more, please email me and I'll refund you immediately.".

Thinking positively, it's possible it could be on the table or in transit.

Aug 13, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #3,073 of 3,962
just remember.........

my 1 year aniversary at 8/8/8

Aug 13, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #3,074 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also add to that a request for a PayPal refund emailed on 7/20 and posted on fixup.net on 7/23 has not been replied to or a refund issued as of this post. Not a promising response to the invitation: "If you paid with paypal and cannot wait any more, please email me and I'll refund you immediately.".

As long as I'm posting, tomorrow (08/08/08) is the 1 year anniversary of my paid Reference order. YAYYYYY!!!!! I've made the 12 month, 1 year club. (8/9/2008 edit: Yesterday was my official, actual, one year anniversary)

Looks like he is being hold up by something yet again.
He probably did have the intention to fill that promise of refunds, as I and another person got the refund within a few days of request, but now he is very quiet again.

To be honest I am glad I asked for the refund when I did, who knows how long this spell of quietness might last again.

Aug 20, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #3,075 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thinking positively, it's possible it could be on the table or in transit.

I find it unrealistic to think positively about this experience.

There appear to be many more people who have now waited well over 1 full year for a product than actual products shipped to date - about 15 months since introduced and available for order (???????).

And on top of that - Now multiple FALSE notices of "shipping will be soon".

They were supposed to ship before last Thanksgiving. Then earlier this year. Then about 6 weeks ago.

What a bunch of BS.

I am still holding out as there are so many favorable reviews of the handful of Reference amps ever shipped. But, I don't have a portable amp to hold me over. I have been doing without as I chose (Questionably) to purchase a Xin amp.

I did a TON of research spending many many hours digging through this forum to determine I wanted a Xin Reference.

Not only do I still not have a portable amp, I have NO CLUE as to realistically expect shipment. I don't know if I even received an email from Xin if I could believe it was shipping at this point.

No fault to those who gave the Reference good reviews, but what a dissappointing experience related to the REDICULOUS wait and false claims about shipping.
mad.gif

I sure as heck hope "IF" and "WHEN" I ever get my Xin Reference amp that I am TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY by the "OVER-ALL" performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back