Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Mar 24, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #2,701 of 3,962
I got back from vacation yesterday and found 2 amplifiers in the mail.

I thought battery installation in the reference was kind of tricky. It seemed as though you needed to push 4 batteries in at once to avoid moving the large cap. On top of this, the foamy material keeping the cap in place makes the bottom batteries more difficult to push in. Perhaps I'm just unskilled in battery installation.

Very first impressions were that I liked the sound of the SMIV more than the reference. However, I need to let both burn in before I pass any REAL judgement on sound.

Today some Yuin Pk1's arrived in the mail and they have been paired up with the reference for burn in. They seem to be getting along just fine.
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #2,702 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by vexeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought battery installation in the reference was kind of tricky. It seemed as though you needed to push 4 batteries in at once to avoid moving the large cap. On top of this, the foamy material keeping the cap in place makes the bottom batteries more difficult to push in. Perhaps I'm just unskilled in battery installation.

Very first impressions were that I liked the sound of the SMIV more than the reference. However, I need to let both burn in before I pass any REAL judgement on sound.

Today some Yuin Pk1's arrived in the mail and they have been paired up with the reference for burn in. They seem to be getting along just fine.
wink.gif

when did you place your order?

Mar 24, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #2,703 of 3,962
That big cap takes some time to form. The installation of the batteries really isn't difficult as I just put one in at a time, observing the polarity. The cap doesn't move so that is not a problem.

Mar 24, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #2,704 of 3,962
Quote:

I sure hope this is a trend rather than a fluke...

Mar 24, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #2,705 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tha_dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Ordered SuperMicro IV- March 7th, 2007.
Received invoice & shipping notice - March 18th, 2008.

O' how many times must a man post his order date,
before they call him a Xin amp owner...

the answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
the answer is blowin' in the wind.

Mar 24, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #2,706 of 3,962
No more shipping notices after those few though.
Let's hope he is taking an easter break and hasn't disappeared again.

Mar 24, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #2,707 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tha_dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I posted a few pages back about my shipping notice and such. I was just following up on my initial impressions.

Also, the purple napkins he includes are nice.

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #2,713 of 3,962
Ordered SMini IV 4/Mar/07
Shipped 18/Mar/08
Received 25/Mar/08
1 year and 3 weeks
eek.gif

smi1.jpg

smi3.jpg

smi5.jpg

Compared to the pics on fixup.net, I only noticed the difference in opamps and cap.
Out of the box, it sounds superb with ER4Ps and PK1
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #2,714 of 3,962
Yes the Mini is a great little amp. It is plastic but I love the feel and the small size and oh yeah, the sound. :^)

Mar 26, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #2,715 of 3,962
Anything happening here, beyond the initial 3-4 shipping notices, or has it died down again?

Geez, I actually bought some of those Eneloop batteries because there was a local group buy and I could get them a few bucks off.
Even though I don't have any device that takes AAA batteries, and I already have some packs of non-rechargeable batteries around.
Is this addiction or is this addiction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back