Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Oct 18, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #1,816 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I too just heard back from Xin saying my amp would ship "soon". I emailed him 3 weeks ago and he responded last night. Hopefully that is good news for all!!!!

When did you order yours?

Oct 18, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #1,817 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those that paid with paypal simply need to file a dispute with paypal and xin will refund the money that same day. You can then re order with CC.

That is what happened with me.

I just got an email from xin explaining the paypal process so he is reading his email, although I got this email 3 weeks after I sent a query.

It appears he may be catching up.

You telling me he actually took your order after you filed a dispute against him wiht payapl.Man he sure is a nice guy.Come on not many would have done the same even if they were at fault lol.

Oct 18, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #1,818 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajsaxin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You telling me he actually took your order after you filed a dispute against him wiht payapl.Man he sure is a nice guy.Come on not many would have done the same even if they were at fault lol.

I don't think that is unusual for Xin.
From what I have read on these threads I think that is the normal way to get a refund with Xin. I think that must be the easiest way for him to do the refund, rather than sifting through all the emails.

At least I hope so, I certainly had no intention to offend him.

Oct 18, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #1,819 of 3,962
I requested a refund twice and was ignored. I filed a claim 3 weeks ago with Paypal and they told me it was past the period of days that I could file a dispute (this is for readers who haven't read the whole thread...sorry for the duplicate info).

Today I received an e-mail from him that stated:

"Please confirm if you want me to refund and I'll do immediately andvery sorry for so slow. Xin"

As much as I want the amp, I am so soured by his business practises that I asked for the refund. I will report back if I get it.

BTW- When I said "People who have done their homework" of course no one can really go by actual listening to production units as only a few prototypes were released. I mean non-impulsive people who have taken the time and effort to make sure to order something that they really want, on a limited budget.
I, on the other hand, am an immature impulsive purchaser of audio. I read reviews, try to demo through friends and meets, but have no control what-so -ever on pulling the trigger. I am an average American, sorry to say.

Oct 19, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #1,820 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's OK for those of us that are insane enough and monetarily secure enough to have more than one portable amp.

However, what about the poor college audiophile or adult on a fixed income that only has the funds for one amp, and mistakenly Paypal'd Xin the cash.

I personally am fortunate enough to have a Tomahawk and a Portaphile, so waiting and lack of responses from Xin is more of an inconvenience (especially since I've asked for a refund twice, with no reply).

But, for someone who did their homework, and decided that the Reference is the one for them, then it is truly unfair that the silence and unknown arrival dates are "business as usual" for this amp builder.

We are insane and I love it! BTW you will be in Fort Lauderdale on 10/27, correct? I will have a Graham Slee Voyager there. It is his latest (and only) portable amp.

Oct 19, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #1,821 of 3,962
Please make sure to remind me.
I tend to lose sense of real world structure when I go to Head-Fi Meets.
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #1,822 of 3,962
I just got this exciting e-mail from Xin:

Quote:

Yes xxxxxx, things are moving on after a while of interrupt. If anything wrong again, I'll let you and others know. Thank you, Xin

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #1,823 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by druelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got this exciting e-mail from Xin:

smily_headphones1.gif

But he doesn't list a time frame of when you'll be receiving your amp!
plainface.gif

I hope he's not waving an invisible carrot.

Oct 19, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #1,824 of 3,962
Well the good news is: he's alive and well and on speaking terms again.
icon10.gif

Oct 19, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #1,825 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by fl00r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the good news is: he's alive and well and on speaking terms again.
icon10.gif

good, call off the planned search and rescue parties from a few weeks ago!

rolleyes.gif

Oct 19, 2007 at 8:55 AM Post #1,826 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good, call off the planned search and rescue parties from a few weeks ago!

rolleyes.gif

You mean: Saving private Xin
cool.gif

Oct 19, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #1,829 of 3,962
someone in the edmonton meet thread mentioned receiving his/her reference. i got the impression that it was the production amp, and not a prototype.

Oct 19, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #1,830 of 3,962
Well, I guess we can expect some progress, now that he is actually responding to email again.
But, who knows what "soon" is from Xin's perspective.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back