Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Oct 12, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #1,742 of 3,962
Some guy named Drew claims to have received his amp in the last few days. I saw this in the fixup.net forums. -CK

Oct 12, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #1,743 of 3,962
Well Xin has now changed the price of the Reference to a solid $279.99 so since he has been updating the site fairly well i think that he will most probably fairly active in getting orders done and then send them out in bulk.

Oct 12, 2007 at 11:06 AM Post #1,744 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some guy named Drew claims to have received his amp in the last few days. I saw this in the fixup.net forums. -CK

That was an upgraded SM4 not a Reference. As Drew stated: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease".
It seem that the only way to get your amp is to "moving out of state in 2 weeks" (drew) or "I mentioned that I had to leave for Iraq next week" (naamanf on page 72 of this thread)
Unfortunately I ain't going nowhere.... well, on second thought: I might be moving to Antarctica in a week or 2
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 12, 2007 at 11:25 AM Post #1,745 of 3,962
Hey don't drag me into this. Don't be hating because my Xin has more combat time than yours
blink.gif

Before mentioning that I was leaving I was told I was next on the list and should receive mine soon.

Oct 12, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #1,746 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey don't drag me into this. Don't be hating because my Xin has more combat time than yours
blink.gif

Oh, come on man, are you serious? Don't be silly, I never said I hated you or your amp. In fact I am very glad for you and do not envy you in ANY way.

Quote:

Before mentioning that I was leaving I was told I was next on the list and should receive mine soon.

I got that same email, months ago
blink.gif

Oct 12, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #1,747 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by fl00r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, come on man, are you serious? Don't be silly, I never said I hated you or your amp. In fact I am very glad for you and do not envy you in ANY way.

I got that same email, months ago
blink.gif

Meant that to be a bit sarcastic.

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #1,748 of 3,962
The point I was trying to make is that Xin is well able to ship amps but only do so when someone threatens to leave the country.
I guess Xin will be getting a lot of emails like this from now on.
icon10.gif

Take care!

Oct 12, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #1,749 of 3,962
I e-mailed Xin and offered to buy a reference in addition to the Supermicro IV I ordered 7+ months ago if he shipped the amps soon.

Unsurprisingly, I haven't received a response.
biggrin.gif
I'm starting to think that he isn't motivated by money...

Oct 12, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #1,750 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by vexeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I e-mailed Xin and offered to buy a reference in addition to the Supermicro IV I ordered 7+ months ago if he shipped the amps soon.

Unsurprisingly, I haven't received a response.
biggrin.gif
I'm starting to think that he isn't motivated by money...

Always assuming he bothered to read your email....

Oct 12, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #1,751 of 3,962
I wish he would just start shipping them out in their current incarnation and let people decide if they want to send them back for upgrades and tweaks or not.

Considering that the people who have heard the "non-finalized" versions are already very, very positive about it, it must be a quality amp.

Oct 13, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #1,753 of 3,962
Hey,............. Xin is Xin....... and it sounds like Zen.

Which, I suggest , is the the attitude we should all adopt toward the wait for a XIn.

We could meld this eastern attitude with a western existential attitude, in which case, rather than waiting for Godot, we are waiting for XIn.

Which would imply that the wait for that ever elusive, ephemeral experience of meaning that we call music is an experience to be valued in and of itself.

Oct 13, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #1,754 of 3,962
Open letter to Dr. Xin Feng:

Dear Dr. Xin,

For many months i have joined the group of music enthusiasts that could only be described as self-hating and/or eternally calm and collected. These people, perhaps we should refer to them as "Xinophiles" have thus far remained fairly restrained and have managed to work out their frustration in ways deemed socially acceptable. These may include, but are not limited to:
-Yelling
-Banging head on wall
-Desperately begging Mr. Jamato for help

However as I did my daily check of the thread where we Xinophiles congregate I was somewhat disturbed by what I read. My dear friend tom, who I can only assume is from texas, has shown the true impact that the wait is having on our small community. I am not entirely sure what it is he was attempting to say, but it involved existentialism and Buddhism. I imagine it looks something like this:
buddanietzche.jpg

Since i know you have little time to read emails i will cut it short at that, but please take note that there are more important things in life than perfection, sanity for example...

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
-Mike Fizz
P.s. I am moving out of the country in 2 weeks please send Reference pronto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back