Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Sep 13, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #1,531 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would imagine Xin, well I know Xin is, working on some aspect of the Reference or the like. I am listening to a current version and love the 1/4 jack and sound. I wish everyone had this to enjoy and feel bad that those who have ordered have such a long wait. Hopefully shipping will start soon. I know that whatever Xin comes up with will please. I guess it is like waiting for a fine instrument from a very very, very, very exacting creator.

Like a Stradavarius. Nice image, John.

I still have my SuperMacro IV (last "updated" sometime early this year) and a post 4/11 SuperMicro ready to go back to Xin for new moodifications. I am so glad I held on to them! It will be a while before they go back....separately!

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #1,532 of 3,962
Quote:

I still have my SuperMacro IV (last "updated" sometime early this year) and a post 4/11 SuperMicro ready to go back to Xin for new moodifications. I am so glad I held on to them! It will be a while before they go back....separately!

You're so lucky for holding back your amps.

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #1,533 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by som4ew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're so lucky for holding back your amps.

When it seems that an upgrade/modification is appropriate or recommended by reading this and Xin's forum, I always email Xin and ask him if he's ready to receive my amp(s) AND be able to honour a quick turn around. Either I don't hear from him or he tells me to send in the amp. Then I ask him if he is sure, and sometimes I don't hear from him (!!) and sometimes he says, yes. Then, and only then, do I send in an amp. The five times I have done this over the past three years, turn around has been a week or less.

Pain? Yes, but I always have a good amp!

I have on old micro, a superdual (that still sounds so good!), a SuperMacro IV and SuperMicro IV. I never will be without one of the Micro IVs, sending in one or the other at a time for upgrades.

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #1,535 of 3,962
Quote:

I have on old micro, a superdual (that still sounds so good!), a SuperMacro IV and SuperMicro IV. I never will be without one of the Micro IVs, sending in one or the other at a time for upgrades.

That's what I plan to with my Macro IV and Ref. and on order Micro,so I'll never be without Xin amp again.

Sep 13, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #1,536 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by som4ew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I plan to with my Macro IV and Ref. and on order Micro,so I'll never be without Xin amp again.

Smart man!!

Sep 13, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #1,537 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You seem to be really, really observing - which might be nice if you were a slim, attractive YL..........I have doubts.....
My friend would have made his order at or around that same August date.

Sorry, Search is my good friend, and I'm a fairly typical Head-Fier (middle-aged guy, balding, with belly). But, anyway, thanks for the order/delivery info. It could portend well of things to come with the good (albeit inscrutable) and esteemed Dr. Xin.

Sep 14, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #1,539 of 3,962
I have a supermini that I sent in for upgrades. I have heard that a few people here and there have received production References, has anyone received an upgraded unit? I'm willing to wait, I'm just curious.

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #1,541 of 3,962
I sent it in for upgrades end of April, 2007 ( Yeah! year matters
biggrin.gif
) and still waiting. I exchanged emails with him earlyJune but have not heard anything since. I think he is focussing more on the reference than anything else for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardsean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a supermini that I sent in for upgrades. I have heard that a few people here and there have received production References, has anyone received an upgraded unit? I'm willing to wait, I'm just curious.

Sep 14, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #1,542 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanddancer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Passed the 6 month mark about a week ago. Still no e-mail or amp
frown.gif

Gee whiz, I'm appalled at that wait time for delivery. I was just about to order a SuperMicro-IV when I found this thread. Should I just buy an amp elsewhere or is it really worth the longsuffering months of anticipation?
mad.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #1,543 of 3,962
You don't understand, it is part of the whole experience. If you have not had to wait then you have not received a true Xin amp. :^) The sad thing is some people got so excited when they received their amp they did the touchdown dance and slammed it to the ground, only to realize an instant later what they had done. It wasn't pretty.

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #1,544 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't understand, it is part of the whole experience. If you have not had to wait then you have not received a true Xin amp. :^) The sad thing is some people got so excited when they received their amp they did the touchdown dance and slammed it to the ground, only to realize an instant later what they had done. It wasn't pretty.

Quite the spin doctor and image builder, John! That's pretty funny!!

I am so glad I held on to my two amps when it appeared that Xin was going into R&D hibernation. You have to be pretty vigilant and read these threads daily almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back