Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Aug 26, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #1,351 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so what I'm getting from y'all is that if I want to return my SM IV LE for upgrades I should wait until the current torrent of orders hs been filled--like maybe wait 'til January? OR do you think he's doing upgrades along with making References. Have one on order, but would also like my LE upgraded to current standards. So, bottom line: howlong do I ait to send it off???

Don't ait! Send it now! You could be waiting for eternity for Xin to "stop tweaking", that's like waiting for the world to stop spinning. If you don't have another amp, get one before sending the LE back.

I've been waiting 4 and a half years for my Reference and had to wait almost 6 years for the SM IV.
wink.gif

Aug 26, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #1,353 of 3,962
She's in Hunan Province, China, you are going to have a long car ride.

Aug 26, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #1,356 of 3,962
Click on my link if you want pictures.

Aug 26, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #1,357 of 3,962
I ordered Supermicro IV on February 23, 2007. I received Dr. Xin's email on August 10 telling me that he was busy on latest changes and asking me whether I wanted to switch the order to Reference. I immediately replied yes but I haven't heard from him up to now. I guess I would probably got my Xin amp in 2008

Aug 26, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #1,358 of 3,962
He can keep mine, I'm done waiting. Perhaps before he goes off in other directions he should finish 6 month orders first.

Frank

Aug 26, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #1,360 of 3,962
I fail to see the point of all these fine tunings by Xin, honestly. There's no such thing as the best amp, no matter how hard you try. I'm not against his noble quest for the best, but deliverying his products on time shouldn't have been his last concern.

Aug 26, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #1,361 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I fail to see the point of all these fine tunings by Xin, honestly. There's no such thing as the best amp, no matter how hard you try. I'm not against his noble quest for the best, but deliverying his products on time shouldn't have been his last concern.

I couldn't agree more.

Aug 26, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #1,362 of 3,962
I am upset too with Xin's business practice. But after a while I figured this guy actually don't care much about selling stuffs for business. It is a passion for him to make amps and so happen he feels like selling them.

I ask myself a question, knowing that he'll be doing what he does best, keeping the whole world waiting - should I still buy amps from him? hell yeah.

While I am uspet with his CS, I am very happy with his amps. So when I pulled the trigger on a SuperMicro-IV on December 2006, I knew all too well that it will take ages to get a sniff of the ordered amp. So I opt to forget and let my Credit Card do the talking - after all Xin does not charge when he's not shipping.

I was utterly happy with my Go-Vibe V6 and Tomahawk then - almost forgetting my order for SuperMicro-IV. Then out of the blue I recieved my SMIV.

The key thing is, I want Xin's amp because it was built with lotsa passion. He's a freak for tweaking and I have no doubt the result will be superb. CS aside, I could live with it.

Just my 2 cents

Aug 26, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #1,364 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am upset too with Xin's business practice. But after a while I figured this guy actually don't care much about selling stuffs for business. It is a passion for him to make amps and so happen he feels like selling them.

I ask myself a question, knowing that he'll be doing what he does best, keeping the whole world waiting - should I still buy amps from him? hell yeah.

While I am uspet with his CS, I am very happy with his amps. So when I pulled the trigger on a SuperMicro-IV on December 2006, I knew all too well that it will take ages to get a sniff of the ordered amp. So I opt to forget and let my Credit Card do the talking - after all Xin does not charge when he's not shipping.

I was utterly happy with my Go-Vibe V6 and Tomahawk then - almost forgetting my order for SuperMicro-IV. Then out of the blue I recieved my SMIV.

The key thing is, I want Xin's amp because it was built with lotsa passion. He's a freak for tweaking and I have no doubt the result will be superb. CS aside, I could live with it.

Just my 2 cents

To each his own, I can understand your way of thinking. For me I feel it's time to move on and take the money and put it towards and amp that I could listen too in the near future. I am not really a portable guy anyway's.

Aug 26, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #1,365 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by fc911c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't agree more.

I couldn't disagree more.

Xin isn't trying to run a business, he's trying to make the best amp. If you don't like that, then fine, go spend your money elsewhere. Plus I'll get my amp quicker that way. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back