Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Jan 2, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #766 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghiberti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wanted to know how Xins sounded like.

I'll leave just one of them, my favorite and put others on fs forum
icon10.gif

wow, supermini/supermicro is very impressive, way better than I expected
eek.gif

I have a Supermacro LE on order, if you decide to sell the Supermicro IV let me know because I would like to purchase it. Currently I have Vorlon1's Supermicro IV and IMO it is the best portable amp out there.

Jan 2, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #767 of 3,962
That's a good endorsement. I hope I will get mine soon.

I emailed Xin how long my Supermicro will take for delivery and he sent back with only one word, "soon". That was two weeks ago. Oh well...2.5months and counting
frown.gif
I know he will deliver. It's just matter of (long) time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Supermacro LE on order, if you decide to sell the Supermicro IV let me know because I would like to purchase it. Currently I have Vorlon1's Supermicro IV and IMO it is the best portable amp out there.

Jan 2, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #768 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed Xin how long my Supermicro will take for delivery and he sent back with only one word, "soon" .

LOL

Sorry. It will come...and it will be good.
icon10.gif

Hey, Xin told me 2~3 days until my upgraded Mini would ship, that turned out to be over a week. I think Xin lives in a parallel universe where space and time has slowed to a crawl. In this outer worldy place he does manage to make some very nice portable amps.

My original purchase was a 2 month wait, upgrade was another 6 weeks.

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #769 of 3,962
With my luck, Xin will announce some major breakthrough improvement in all of his IV series amps when I get my Supermicro IV
blink.gif
It happened before...last time when I purchased Supermini III. Back then, I decided to sell it rather than wait for ever to get it (temporarily) upgraded.

In the end...it will come...yes, I love the sound of Xin's amps. He should stop tweaking and get some family time
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL

Sorry. It will come...and it will be good.
icon10.gif

Hey, Xin told me 2~3 days until my upgraded Mini would ship, that turned out to be over a week. I think Xin lives in a parallel universe where space and time has slowed to a crawl. In this outer worldy place he does manage to make some very nice portable amps.

My original purchase was a 2 month wait, upgrade was another 6 weeks.

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #770 of 3,962
Man, these amps must be like crack to a crackhead with this Type A/demanding audience willing to throw money and orders at this guy, then wait Lord knows how long to get your product.

Hmmm, sounds like just the kind of Kool-Aid I want! Where's the end of the line?

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #771 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you decide to sell the Supermicro IV let me know because I would like to purchase it.

will do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed Xin how long my Supermicro will take for delivery and he sent back with only one word, "soon".

cool!! he's da man
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Hey, Xin told me 2~3 days until my upgraded Mini would ship.

uhhh... what upgrade? it's not something we don't know yet, right?::

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #772 of 3,962
Quote:

Ordered June 29.

Received shipping notice on Aug. 23...1 to 2 days 'till ship...still waiting.

EDIT-Just today(Aug.30) Xin sent me an email confirming shipment of my Supermini IV

That above quote was from my original purchase. Soon after that is when Xin announced an upgrade. It's a bit confusing to me now and there may have been more than one upgrade, mine seems to be the final upgrade.

I waited 4 weeks to send mine back to Xin, I've been enjoying my upgraded Mini for about 6 weeks now.

Jan 3, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #773 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonink2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, these amps must be like crack to a crackhead with this Type A/demanding audience willing to throw money and orders at this guy, then wait Lord knows how long to get your product.

Hmmm, sounds like just the kind of Kool-Aid I want! Where's the end of the line?

I gave up on drugs years ago and would lose my nursing license if I took them, well if I got caught but I could never risk someone's life because of selfishly taking drugs. Anyway, I take headphone amplifiers now. :^)

I have the SM3 version 6 converted to a IV and I wasn't getting quite what I wanted with the supplied opamp from Xin so I changed it to a bypassed 5534 and wham, got it. That is what I like about the amps, besides a dedicated builder who borders on/ teeters on the edge of insanity when it comes to getting it right. Not everyone's cup o'tea but fine for me.

Jan 3, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #774 of 3,962
Quote:

date of order: aug. 23, 2006

date of arrival: dec. 23, 2006 ... four months
rolleyes.gif

img2357pm4.jpg

could you get a shot of something to reference their size. I have the macro 4 and am "wowed" by this device driving K701s.

I read some of everyone's torments waiting for delivery. I sympathize with the agony. A simple post on delivery delays would go a long way with the customer. It may lose some orders, but so does not communicating. We wouldn't take it personal. Now that I have an amp, I would buy another one from Xin. But next time, I want to try a RS amp.

Doc,
Please get some manufacturing labor. Your considerable talents are wasted, customers lost, reputation suffers and time marches on. More people want to hear your work and how you can impact electronics design. It's not rocket science, but it sure makes people smile to hear your products. Your followers are loyal to this delay practice. Is it fair to ask? Your products are too good not to be put out to as many hobbyists possible. If you do it all yourself, you make more per unit at the sacrifice of number of units. Less profit per unit but more sold still fills the pockets with bling. More time for product development to ensure your technological legacy.
icon10.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #777 of 3,962
Quote:

I just wanted to know how Xins sounded like.

I'll leave just one of them, my favorite and put others on fs forum
icon10.gif

wow, supermini/supermicro is very impressive, way better than I expected
eek.gif

Sent you a pm.

Thanks

Jan 3, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #778 of 3,962
Quote:

...wow, supermini/supermicro is very impressive, way better than I expected
eek.gif

Xin's business practises & customer support leave a whole lot to be desired, but the supermicro iv is one absolutely amazing little amp... once you hear it all the wait and hassle of getting one immediately becomes worthwhile.

Gary

Jan 3, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #779 of 3,962
Quote:

this kind of one?

uhhh... I found I couldn't use ken's cables that had canare plug with supermini.

it's too big for it
plainface.gif

1cy3.jpg

You have a PM
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back