Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Sep 28, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #646 of 3,962
Supermicro ordered July 22.

A package was shipped to you on 09/28/2006 via U.S. Postal Service Priority
Mail, Flat Rate
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #647 of 3,962
after listening to a couple hours, all i can say is WOW!!! the bass, treble, highs, soundstage, instrument separation are all there!! i love the four switches too. the bass boost plus high gain made my DT 880 sound more powerful and more bass impact, which i'm sure most of you that have the DT 880 know that they are bass lacking phones. i have the max out OPA 627 version. i will try to take out 1 buffer and see how it sounds like. i also have some opamps, which i will try out as well. also, some pics on the way. but for now, i am utterly impressed!! definitely worth the wait and money!

Sep 29, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #649 of 3,962
my supermacro came with the HA5002 buffers instead of the BUF634. I just took out 3 buffers and the OPA 627 and switched it with the OPA134, thus making mine the default supermacro. with this setup, the treble is extended a little more, but the trade off is soundstage and bass. i'm now a firm believer in opamp rolling!

Sep 29, 2006 at 11:39 AM Post #650 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren
my supermacro came with the HA5002 buffers instead of the BUF634. I just took out 3 buffers and the OPA 627 and switched it with the OPA134, thus making mine the default supermacro. with this setup, the treble is extended a little more, but the trade off is soundstage and bass. i'm now a firm believer in opamp rolling!

My one came with the HA5002 buffers as well. I stacked two of them on the channel 3/4 socket and then put some stacked BUF634s in Hi-C mode on the left and right channels. It shortened the battery life but made the bass a bit more visceral than with the default configuration. This is on a 99% SM IV though, who knows if the same would hold true for the current version.

Sep 30, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #651 of 3,962
Cool; amp arrivals at last.

Somebody who gets a Micro, please post picks of innards so I can compare layout to my "pre-tweak" release.

I don't know that I'll be able to tell much just from appearance, but I would be interested nonetheless.

I'll probably send mine back for "rehab" one of these days, but I hate parting with it.

Sep 30, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #653 of 3,962
Sent mine in on the 19th for upgrading, and a ST-WV: waiting, having, "should I have sent it with insurance or something?" kind of thoughts. I've emailed him and am waiting for a reply.

If it's there and in the queue, that's fine by me. Since he had a "final" update on the 24th for the IVs, I wouldn't be surprised if he's pretty much swamped with amps (and certainly, those who have been waiting for 2+ months on a new one need it faster than I do).

Sep 30, 2006 at 10:30 AM Post #654 of 3,962
I plan to buy insurance and delivery confirmation when I send my Mini back. These extras are not expensive and worth the peace of mind.

I'm waiting until a new amp purchase arrives before I send mine back. It's good to read that there's a quick turn around time.

Sep 30, 2006 at 2:01 PM Post #655 of 3,962
I got my Xenos 0ha-REP today. I have already sent my SMIV for upgrade. I really miss the SMIV! Hoping to see another sweet surprise when I have it back with upgrade.

Its very good to see everybody is happy now. Aluren You seem to be loving the amp. Happy for you! Worth the wait! Isn't it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #656 of 3,962
kaushama,

Does you oha-rep allow you to roll opamps? Can you start an new thread posting your impressions of the Xenos amp? One amazing thing with Xin amps ( especially Supermini ) is that it shines out of the box. I wonder "burn-in" makes any difference at all.

Anand

Sep 30, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #657 of 3,962
Although my XENOS doesn't allow opamp rolling XENOS may include it in their future releases. I will post me impressions when I listen more. I really miss my SMIV and still my ears are used to sweetness of SMIV.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #658 of 3,962
After listening for a few days, I am blown away by how good this amp is. Worth waiting over 2 months for? Absolutely! Currently setup is 5g iPod->ALO Cotton Dock->Xin SMIV->E500. Listening to Giuliano Carmignola's Vivaldi: Late Violin Concertos, I could believe that I was sitting in a concert hall listening to him play ... somewhere in the first ten rows. Without using the Xin it's like I'm in the concert hall but in a separate room having the sound pass through glass windows. Flick on the output impedance, and crank the volume to compensate and it's like you're taken up to the second floor balcony seats where the treble isn't as bright but the music still sounds sweet. Does the Xin take the place of going to a classical concert? Not if you like the atmosphere or seeing your favorite orchestra play. But if you don't want to go anywhere and have a perfect recording of the piece you want to hear, it's just like being there until you close your eyes ... then you ARE there.
basshead.gif

Sep 30, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #659 of 3,962
Xin Supermicro has landed (ordered July 29th). I cannot believe how small it is. After about an hour of testing I think it may have a cleaner sound that the my early July version of the Macro- NOTE I SAID EARLY JULY VERSION, which I will be sending in for an update soon. Then again it may be volume, I am not sure. I really like this little thing and think integrates into my portable setup quite nicely.

Pics- hopefully this gives those who havent seen it an idea of its ridiculous size. Honestly a little thicker and a little taller than a 9v battery!!!
Sorry about the glare- I am no photographer.

IMG_0879Small.jpg

IMG_0880Small.jpg

IMG_0881Small.jpg

IMG_0882Small.jpg

IMG_0883Small.jpg

Sep 30, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #660 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfyCan
Cool; amp arrivals at last.

Somebody who gets a Micro, please post picks of innards so I can compare layout to my "pre-tweak" release.

I don't know that I'll be able to tell much just from appearance, but I would be interested nonetheless.

I'll probably send mine back for "rehab" one of these days, but I hate parting with it.

My micro arrived today, so here are some pictures of it. I'd be fascinated to know if you can tell any changes from these pics. Also, got shipping notice today on the Mini I sent in earlier in the week for the latest tweaks. Things seem to be moving rapidly over at Xin's.

micro2.jpg

micro1.jpg

micro.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back