Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Sep 25, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #616 of 3,962
nice upgrades, nfusion. you'll love the imodded ipod!! it looks like you got a complete portable setup: imod to cryo to xin amp to e500. once i get my supermacro, we'll have the same setup. then we'll be set!!

Sep 25, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #617 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren
nice upgrades, nfusion. you'll love the imodded ipod!! it looks like you got a complete portable setup: imod to cryo to xin amp to e500. once i get my supermacro, we'll have the same setup. then we'll be set!!

I have an early July macro that I bought second hand- I think it sounds great the way it is so I imagine you will be pleased. I am sending the macro back for upgrades as soon as I get the long awaited micro. Once I get all this stuff back it will be time to slow down and enjoy some of it..... ahh who am I kidding, there will always be something to buy or sell off.
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #619 of 3,962
WOOHOO!! Shipping notice recieved today! I haven't contributed anything to this thread but count me in for a large portion of the thread views.
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #620 of 3,962
me too!! just got a shipment notice!! after 2 and a half months of waiting, its finally gonna come. my PA2v2 days will soon pass.

Sep 26, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #621 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfusion770
Edit- even more exciting, I just got an email from Vinnie- imod is on the way!!!!

I too have an iMod, and with the SMIV (mine's back in Xin's garage) you will be so happy. Great sound. Congratulations!

Sep 26, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #623 of 3,962
I placed my order on July 22 and no word from Xin yet. Any of you guys that got notices or charges, order close to that date? (Hopefully not after).

Sep 26, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #624 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby
I too have an iMod, and with the SMIV (mine's back in Xin's garage) you will be so happy. Great sound. Congratulations!

Its nice to see so many of us are like minded, in that we can wade through all the BS and just get all the best stuff.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, with all the accolades I am very excited about the imod. I still dont believe the micro can possibly be as small as it is supposed to be. The macro is actually pretty small itself. Its gonna be a fun week, but its almost going to be like work playing with all this new stuff.

Sep 26, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #625 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
I thought you were selling it!

i might as well listen to the "final" product before selling it!
smily_headphones1.gif
i'm actually not a fan of all the options - don't use the impedance switch, don't like crossfeed, not really into op-amp rolling...basically, i just need a small amp that maybe has a bass-boost option. don't worry...it'll be back for sale sometime next week when i get it back
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #626 of 3,962
Waiting here till MY Xenos 0HA REP arrives! But I feel there is a significant improvement in SQ of SMIV, after extensive burn in.

It has been fun last few weeks. Hasn't it? I really enjoyed backing up Dr.XIN when he was the underdog!!! When the chips are down I felt there should be at least few who should back him up. Thats who I am. I made several friends too in the process.

aluren, Nick, kugino, mirumu, digitalcat, GreatDane and several others It was fun to have you guys around.

I think we all did bring emotion and interest into this thread. And it was a good place to disperse energy eminating from our strong emtions

Its good finally Dr.XIN got it correct. I think when he first announced IV he didn't know the oscillation problem. That is the starting point for all this drama. But I envy his endurance in getting it corrected. I never knew him before. later only I realized he doesn't care for public criticism and when he is in inventive mode he is ruthless. So there was no need of us to back him up too. I don't think he will change his model too.

We should be thankful to GOTO, HIFLIGHT and JAMATO8 for their valuable information.
gs1000.gif

Looking forward to see lots of impressions here.

I don't think my frequent (irritating) posting here is necessary now!
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif

The visit count is now 17,509!!

Sep 26, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #627 of 3,962
Yes a high count and on Xin's site for the IV is over 60,000! Well all I can say is that for those waiting, I think they will be very happy unless they don't like great sound. For Xin, well he is used to all this and god does he work hard. I am surprised he still has hair on his head. I have never known of someone so dedicated to giving people upgrade after upgrade, and while some may be upset by the changes, Xin stands behind what he is doing and giving the benifits to the customer.

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #628 of 3,962
yeah, kaushama, what a rollercoaster this was. all your positivity has gotten many people through this gruesome wait. if it weren't for all the positive comments i've read from you, i just might have cancelled my order. now let's hope that the xin amp finally live up to our expectations and we all finally get what have been wanting for 2-3 months now. next stop on this rollercoaster: impressions!

Sep 26, 2006 at 7:54 AM Post #629 of 3,962
There is another good news too. As Dr.XIN & clan think the final configuration is so right and good, he will not be issuing anymore upgrades and tweaks. He will stick to this configuration for year or more. After all Dr.XIN is doing some changes in his approach.
He is simply sick of frequent upgrades as most of others are. For those who want sense of security with their gear that would be good news.
I think we should convince him to have a good case work too. We will see!
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #630 of 3,962
its nice to know that all this mayhem is finally over. yeah, if dr xin can design a better case, that would be great. it just looks too generic when compare to the hornet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back