Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Sep 25, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #601 of 3,962
And new SMIV seems to have reached the heights of SM3V6 pre-power combo, from what I hear. I think its time for me to send it back.
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #602 of 3,962
Quote:

[9/24/06] Please send back your IV amps for the latest and last change, including SuperMacro-IV, SuperMini-IV and SuperMicro-IV.

Once you have your amp upgraded, just enjoy your music and put all other things behind. It was tough, but I got everything done right, finally. All other amps, as long as they are single-power-supply type, are all still wrong by design. The latest IV amps are all perfect, design-wise and sound-wise.

Shipping starts tomorrow.

I'm closing this thread, as it is done. I'll continue to update the first page.

Thank you and enjoy the best sound!

Dr.XIN - XIN's FORUM

Are we closing down this thread too???!!!!
lambda.gif
lambda.gif
lambda.gif

But I really miss it. All those fun and drama!

Sep 25, 2006 at 7:57 AM Post #603 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Xin
Sugano-san and all others: please send your amps back, this is the last time, I promise.

hmm... what if this isn't the last time?? will we all get a free supermicro??

Sep 25, 2006 at 7:59 AM Post #604 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by is2us
Please let us know how long it took, from when you canceled the order to receive the refund. Becuase if it will take Xin weeks to refund a canceled order, then the problem is much worse than just tweeking and perfection.

Xin just refunded me in full. To be fair to him, he refunded me immediately he got my emails, he just hadnt checked his emails for 9 days.

Dont close the thread down yet people, if Xin is about to start shipping the final amps then we need a few reviews when people get them back. We need to know whether the wait was worth it.

Sep 25, 2006 at 10:40 AM Post #605 of 3,962
Xin replied to my email and told me that I could upgrade to Macro from Mini if I want.

I'm glad to see this all coming to and end. I do hope to read plenty of user feedback here in the next few weeks.

I guess its time for me to send back my Mini.

Sep 25, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #606 of 3,962
goto, do you have any comments on the now 'perfect' IV amps? usually you're the one that tell us impressions on xin's tweaks before he announces them. but this time xin just mentioned that the design is now perfect. and its been known that he base his opinion on performance charts rather than ears. just wanted to know what you have discovered with this finalized desgin.

Sep 25, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #607 of 3,962
GOTO is busy these days and this is what he told me regarding new amps. I hope he won't mind I post it here.

Quote:

After some listening, I think Xin finally made SM IV sound too good to be true. I am happy because now all three, including Macro sound excellent to me, and can stand firmly against my combo. I felt kind of disapointed for a few months as Xin couldn't make his amps sound as good as my combo. Now I think he made it as the IV sounds close enough to the combo and there's no flaw in sound but beautiful music.

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #608 of 3,962
I've been following this thread since inception and am wondering if I'm confused. It seems almost all the chatter has related to the Macro and to a lesser degree the Mini. Does anyone know what's going on with the Micro?

I ordered a Micro on July 27th and, like everyone, am still waiting. Were all/any of the tweaks being discussed here applicable to the Micro? If the Macro starts shipping, do we know if the Micro (and Mini) will start shipping as well?

Sep 25, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #609 of 3,962
thanks kaushama. that's basically what i wanted to know. hopefully i can get my amp since i still haven't received it yet...

Sep 25, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #610 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues
I've been following this thread since inception and am wondering if I'm confused. It seems almost all the chatter has related to the Macro and to a lesser degree the Mini. Does anyone know what's going on with the Micro?

I ordered a Micro on July 27th and, like everyone, am still waiting. Were all/any of the tweaks being discussed here applicable to the Micro? If the Macro starts shipping, do we know if the Micro (and Mini) will start shipping as well?

Xin emailed me today and he promise shipping my Supermicro-IV few days, withing next week. I order August 4.

Sep 25, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #611 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues

I think they'll all start shipping very soon. The micro is possibly free of the problems mentioned in this thread, as nobody seems to be complaining about its sound. Then again, not many people have really received their supermicro yet,
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #612 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sture
Xin emailed me today and he promise shipping my Supermicro-IV few days, withing next week. I order August 4.

I am happy for you- I ordered mine on the 29th of July- wheres my email Xin!!!!
biggrin.gif

Actually, I changed my order from a mini to a micro in early august, so I am still unclear what my actual order date is.

Sep 25, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #613 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by djbnh on 9/24/06
Got e-mail from Dr. Xin tonight that indeed it was the recent changes that were holding up the amp. He says "all is well" and that I should receive a shipping notice tomorrow. Hooray!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Things do indeed seem to be moving right along, CC got billed today. Thanks Dr. Xin!

Edit: Just got shipping notice! Very much looking forward to start burn-in with the amp in a couple days and enjoying the fruits of Dr. Xin's hard work (and I'd say a bit of patience on my part). The expericne is evocative of the Grateful Dead tune, "What a long, strange trip it's been". I hope others will soon be receiving their respective shipping notice and have many, many hours of blissful sonic enjoyment.

Edit #2: Amp received on 9/27/2006. Thanks Dr. Xin.

Sep 25, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #615 of 3,962
I have yet to recieve the email, but I was just charged $184.97 on a credit card I havent used in months. Either Xin has something in store for me, or I have a big mess to deal with in the morning.

Edit- even more exciting, I just got an email from Vinnie- imod is on the way!!!!

What a great day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back