Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Sep 23, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #571 of 3,962
Update - sorry if i get this wrong.

Skylab - Amp Received - AMP SOLD
djbnh: June 14th - Amp received
Slappy: June 15th - Amp received
Comfycan: June - Amp received
Skev13: June 22nd - Amp received - AMP SOLD
GreatDane: June 29 - Amp received - CROSSFEED DOESNT WORK
robster: June 30 - CANCELLED ORDER
lolos: July 4th - Amp received
Kaushama:July 5th - Amp received - CROSSFEED DOESNT WORK
Kugino:july 5th Amp received - AMP FOR SALE
883dave: July 7th - ORDER CANCELLED
wangch: July 9th - Amp Received
Nick Christy: July 11th - ORDER CANCELLED
aluren: July 13
dslknight: July 20
Vorlon1: July 22
airbender :smIV for upgrade: july 25 (shipping notice: august 28)
nfusion770: July 28th
stevenkelby:July 29
mrarroyo: August 6. - ORDER CANCELLED
is2us: AUGUST 13

Thats a lot of unhappy people.

Sep 23, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #572 of 3,962
That's nine unhappy people. There may be some others who haven't said they are unhappy. But I am not sure that nine plus some others constitutes "a lot."

There is no number for those satisfied or happy. Perhaps that would be helpful to balance the "equation."

I have had to send my SM IV back to Xin three times, wait for him to email me and wait for the amp to be sent back. But I'm okay with this, happy and satisfied. I like what I hear coming from his amp. Also, I have known about his "business style" for over three years so I know what I am getting into and don't care how long it takes. I just like his amps.

What would be more constructive is to say what you don't like about the process, go on record and move on.

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #573 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby

What would be more constructive is to say what you don't like about the process, go on record and move on.

I'll move on when i get my money back.

I agree that some of the people above are happy - all i did was pick up the earlier list and post updates for what has been put in here. I know comfycan really likes his micro, and Kaushama is happy with the amp other than the crossfeed and treble roll off, BUT the 9 above is out of 21 people which is 42 %. There may be happy people out there but if they werent in the original list and havent posted here so i can only update for what i see.

It's a statement of fact and not my opinion.

What i dont like about the process is that I have paid for an amp i havent received, had 4 broken promises of delivery, been ignored when i've asked questions and cancelled my order, and , to date, havent been refunded or told when i will be.

I'm glad you're happy with your amp. I'm sure I would have been too if i had received it.

The amps may be great- the service sucks, and it sucks way beyond what i was led to believe when i originally ordered. My hopes werent high, the website said 2 - 3 weeks delivery and i thought it would be at least double that BUT i waited 10 before i cancelled. I dont think i was that impatient at all.

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #574 of 3,962
I agree with all points made by Nick and others who have made their dissatisfaction be known.

I sent Xin an email 10 days ago in reply to his message that told me to send my Mini back in for "important updates". I was asking him if I could upgrade to a Macro but I've since changed my mind. I just want to get my Mini working properly and be done with this mess.

I do intend intend to keep my Mini. I did know about Xins slow service and was prepaired for a long wait but to find out that the amp wasn't a properly working version has me upset.

If I would have known this outcome prior to my ordering I would have chosen a different amp with crossfeed, which was my main reason for wanting the SuperMini.

Sep 23, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #575 of 3,962
By Dr.XIN's silence after the announcement of 914 tweak, I get the feeling that he is again into some major experiment!!!!
confused.gif

I don't think Dr.XIN will answer the emails or forums, until he solves the IV puzzle. He seems to be determined to solve it silently despite whatever losses he going to suffer. I guess that is how he operates. He seems to be content with customers, who wait for him to finish the tweaks.

Sep 23, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #576 of 3,962
I dont have any headamp, never had and i wants one. I will wait as long as it takes for that supermini's to be fully release to check it and read what others think about it.
For a long time that i've been folowing DR. Xin's work with quiet admiration. I think he is a very peculiar and interesting person, with a diferent work/business approach that i personaly like.
If the supermini became what in theory what he wants, for 200 bucks will be mine for sure. it's small, light, op's manageable, and powerfull enough to drive my HD580 and ER4P.

Sep 23, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #577 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Christy
Update - sorry if i get this wrong.

Skylab - Amp Received - AMP SOLD
djbnh: June 14th - Amp received
Slappy: June 15th - Amp received
Comfycan: June - Amp received
Skev13: June 22nd - Amp received - AMP SOLD
GreatDane: June 29 - Amp received - CROSSFEED DOESNT WORK
robster: June 30 - CANCELLED ORDER
lolos: July 4th - Amp received
Kaushama:July 5th - Amp received - CROSSFEED DOESNT WORK
Kugino:july 5th Amp received - AMP FOR SALE
883dave: July 7th - ORDER CANCELLED
wangch: July 9th - Amp Received
Nick Christy: July 11th - ORDER CANCELLED
aluren: July 13
dslknight: July 20
Vorlon1: July 22
airbender :smIV for upgrade: july 25 (shipping notice: august 28)
nfusion770: July 28th
stevenkelby:July 29
mrarroyo: August 6. - ORDER CANCELLED
is2us: AUGUST 13

Thats a lot of unhappy people.

FYI - I have NOT received my amp yet. Got an intent-to-ship notice from the good Dr. on 9/12 that the amp should be shipped in "1-2 days". However, my understanding is that Dr. Xin made another tweak to the SuperMacro IV on 9/14; I imagine implementing that tweak is the hold up for my amp at this stage of the game.

My amp's been in Dr. Xin's hands since 6/14, and I can understand if others have reached the limit of their respective patience with his/her individual situation. Even though I've been waiting over three months for the amp to get back to me, I'm lucky enough to have other equipment that seems to be keeping the blues away and blood pressure at normal. I also feel fortunate that my wallet hasn't had to bite on a number of potential back-and-forth shipping costs to get the amp caught up with the numerous changes.

Best of luck to all.

Edit: Amp received on 9/27/2006. Thanks Dr. Xin.

Sep 24, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #578 of 3,962
nick, you forgot the most important person on the list: lolos. he actually quit this hobby because of this... that's a big tragedy!

Sep 24, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #580 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren
nick, you forgot the most important person on the list: lolos. he actually quit this hobby because of this... that's a big tragedy!

I find that hard to believe, it was most likely an excuse to get out. For God's sake this are just "things" is not like a loved one is ill or dying.

Sep 24, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #581 of 3,962
Quote:

For God's sake this are just "things" is not like a loved one is ill or dying.

LOL!

lambda.gif
lambda.gif
lambda.gif
eggosmile.gif

Sep 24, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #582 of 3,962
I have been reading this thread just about from its inception and I have to admit it is interesting to see the range of emotions this waiting has elicited, which is understandable. What I would like to interject is not for those who have thrown their hands up and have said forget it, which again I find understandable for them, but for those waiting. I have been listening to the version V, which is much the same as the IV that will be the amp version used. The sound is excellent in all areas. I have been using a modified combo setup of the V3 and V6 with the V6 as the preamp section and I find the V competes head on with this setup. To do this there has to be a current delivery to the amp section that is unencumbered, and I find this to be spot on with regards to bass impact, transparency, detail and attack. Frequency extremes is natural and pleasant to listen to with no perceptible humps in any particular area.

Sony 955 (optical out), Monica II (Black Gate modified), SMV, HD650's, PortaPros, or UM2's.

Sep 24, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #583 of 3,962
And...... I don't see a slightest change in DR.XIN's way of handling things. Even we discuss, shout, criticize, blame, crucify and assassinate.....
lambda.gif
Whatever said and done, he does not and will not change his way. He seems to be only interested in getting his IV amps correct. There may be 45% drop off and more unhappy people. Still I can see people are interested in progress of amps by number of visits to this thread. Some are just marking time to order when it is ready. Even he is doing so wrong in the eyes of typical consumers, his amps get public interest because they are unique products.

It is more than true, when someone said in Xin's forum,

Quote:

I think though that most of Xin's customers are not "typical consumers" and I am not even shure if he is really interrested in having "typical consumers" as customers

!!

But he has some number of atypical supporters too. If smoeone now visit support forum one can see that.

So I don't see any productivity discussing these aberrations over and over again. It might serve a purpose to drive away typical customers. But I wonder whether Dr.XIN cares! I guess sensible thing for typical customers to do move away for more stable configuration and have a "music lovers" amp like HORNET and may be later have a look here, when dust settles. XIN amps are "Tweaker's amps" and a tweaker will never stop doing various changes to gear. If you visit PC hardware forums, you will see the crazy things they do just to overclock. And they never stop.

People, who love to tweak and change things around dynamically; "Tweakers" will stay with XIN and will have the patience to follow his products. In the true sense XIN's amps are that! Aren't they? Dr.XIN wants a miniature amp with so many options and he wants it to be stable with every known OPAMP for tweakers to play around. A typical consumer like music lover does not want that! Do they?

So shall we stop at that and move away on our own directions? I think following up the progress of XIN amps, will be a more fruitful exercise here than speculating the impossible. (Dr.XIN's rehabilitation)
lambda.gif

It will serve tweakers to determine the optimal timing for updates. And perhaps typical consumers to buy a stable configuration, if they ever wish to do that!
biggrin.gif

Sep 24, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #584 of 3,962
Quote:

I have been listening to the version V, which is much the same as the IV that will be the amp version used. The sound is excellent in all areas.

So jamato8
580smile.gif
Is this the same version V PCB goto2003 referred to earlier? The 09\14 tweak involves earlier IV PCB or V PCB? What we know is 09\14 tweak reduced the noise floor to -105db and got rid of oscillation problems.
Will newest SM amps carry V PCB when tweaking is over?

Thanks for your information!

Sep 24, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #585 of 3,962
Just curious; while twiddling thumbs waiting on Xin amps, what exactly is oscillation anyway? (technically, and how does it manifest itself in listening).

Thanks, and continued empathy for those still waiting on delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back