Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Aug 17, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #181 of 3,962
xin's out again! well, he just posted that the "final" tests are done, new parts have been ordered, and the newest batches will all receive the final tweaks (final tweaks as of today, i believe). so, all you pre-july 01 amps, send them back to xin for the upgrades
wink.gif

i hope i get mine before my birthday next month...or else my wife will say that's my b'day present
eek.gif

Aug 17, 2006 at 7:04 AM Post #182 of 3,962
Oh Man, the wait is driving me nuts.
blink.gif

I listen for at least 5 hours a day and am constantly wishing for my SMacro.
frown.gif

I expected about a month wait and it's only been 3 weeks but I'm finding harder than I though I would. I gues it's because I only have the out on my AV-710 and it just can't drive 880's

Still I do consider myself very lucky that it's only been 3 weeks and will probably only be another 2 or 3 (guessing).

Also it's a big plus that I didn't get it 3 weeks ago and then have to send it back for upgrades, that would suck to me!

When I finally get it I will be so happy that I will feel like buying everyone here a beer.
600smile.gif

Going to meditate and practice being patient now.
plainface.gif

Aug 17, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #185 of 3,962
hmm... most of us are going a little crazy by now. i'm sure this will pay off, as xin already said that the upgrades are worth it. i'll take his word, and the wait, for it.

Aug 17, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #186 of 3,962
I just got back from a week's vacation at the lake, and I used the SuperMacro IV extensively. It sounds awesome. I'll send mine back...in 2007...

Aug 17, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #187 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
I just got back from a week's vacation at the lake, and I used the SuperMacro IV extensively. It sounds awesome. I'll send mine back...in 2007...

wise move, my friend...wise move.

Aug 17, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #188 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby
You poor guy, must be going crazy. At least we can come here to whine
wink.gif

I've been waiting since June 14th for my amp to be upgraded, and don't feel crazy or whiny. IMHO, Dr. Xin's amps are the real deal, a bargain, and well worth patiently waiting for. The man, like some other audio manufacturers on this and other sites, seemingly stives for perfection in his products. OTOH, it is nice to have a back-up stereo rig or two!
wink.gif

Edit: Amp received on 9/27/2006. Thanks Dr. Xin.

Aug 17, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #189 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by djbnh
I've been waiting since June 14th for my amp to be upgraded, and don't feel crazy or whiny. IMHO, Dr. Xin's amps are the real deal, a bargain, and well worth patiently waiting for. The man, like some other audio manufacturers on this and other sites, seemingly stives for perfection in his products. OTOH, it is nice to have a back-up stereo rig or two!
wink.gif

this is my first xin amp but i still knew that there'd be a long wait and periods of uncertainty...i'm glad i picked up another amp a few weeks ago or i probably would be going insane right now. one day it will show up on my front door...one day.

Aug 18, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #191 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
I ordered mine a week ago Tuesday (8/8) and I received it today.

Just kidding!
very_evil_smiley.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #193 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
i'm glad i picked up another amp a few weeks ago or i probably would be going insane right now.

Well thats how I feel.
biggrin.gif

Don't get me wrong, I regret nothing and the waiting will just make it sound even sweeter I'm sure.

Nice to know others in the same boat.

Mrarroyo, thanks for the few seconds of false hope!
tongue.gif

Aug 21, 2006 at 3:15 PM Post #194 of 3,962
It seems the tweaking is soon coming to an end according to GOTO,

Quote:

It seems Dr. Xin has the design fixed, but so many parts are replaced that we can assume he's making a new amp for an upgrade. No idea when he's sending out amps.

Aug 21, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #195 of 3,962
hmm... i bet once he implemented the new parts, there will be other weaknesses that are exposed and we will wait yet again...

i'm gonna bet that i'll be getting my amp 2 and a half months after my ordering date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back