Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Dec 12, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #2,101 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhaedrusX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
som4ew, could you post some pics of the internals of your Reference?
It'd be nice to compare yours to the others to see if there is any kind of pattern here, or whether these are being sent out in random configurations.

+ 1

It is all seeming rather random to me at this point. (?????)
confused.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #2,102 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean "upgraded"?

I haven't even figured out what the base Reference consists of - since there where multiple types of protos.

Has Xin already changed ("upgraded") from the multiple protos?

I am still curious about what I might be getting, but I am beginning to wonder if there might just be a bunch of different types of References out there and more different ones coming.

..... Makes it hard to discuss and compare.

I wouldn't worry about discussing and comparing. Just listen to the music. Pretty well all reports of the sound quality of the Reference are very positive. I listened to one and I was blown away. I have enough confidence in Dr Xin to hope that if and when I receive my Reference it will sound very good, and I shan't be worrying too much about what version it is. In fact, the longer I wait the better it might get. Now, there's a thought....

Dec 13, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #2,103 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by fl00r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After a wait of 9 months I got THE email from Xin:

"A package was shipped to you on 12/04/2007 via U.S. Postal Service Express Mail International"

eek.gif

Ben

Not fair
frown.gif
i ordered the same day as you, and all i get as an answer is: "soon". Are CC payments getting primacy?

Dec 13, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #2,104 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmmm - Yes .... I guess.

I am REALLY looking forward to getting my Reference.... It sounds like it should be nice... whichever "Version" I get (???)

It looks like the version Xin went with is the the version close to but not the same as the Micro. I have heard many different version and the Micro version is the one I discussed with Xin some time back as being the best, to my ears. The others are also extremely good.

I have a Super Macro 3B, it has dual 5002 buffers and even it sounds very good. Xin doesn't even have one of his own now, of this version, but I have kept all of mine starting from the Super Macro on although I did send one in for repair and never saw it again but I have more than enough to compare to.

Dec 13, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #2,107 of 3,962
interesting, thanks.
this looks like the same configuration as the other recently received Reference. maybe Xin has settled on a version.
for now...
maybe...

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #2,111 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like the version Xin went with is the the version close to but not the same as the Micro. I have heard many different version and the Micro version is the one I discussed with Xin some time back as being the best, to my ears. The others are also extremely good.

I have a Super Macro 3B, it has dual 5002 buffers and even it sounds very good. Xin doesn't even have one of his own now, of this version, but I have kept all of mine starting from the Super Macro on although I did send one in for repair and never saw it again but I have more than enough to compare to.

"You never saw it again???" YIKES. Now I'm worried. He's had my SM IV LE since August and despite a handwritten letter to his address and several emails have heard nothing. O well--maybe I should look on the FS forum for an updated SM IV LE and forget about this one???

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #2,112 of 3,962
Perhaps we should issue 'Xin Club' badges with different colours according to your wait time:-

gold>one year
silver>9 months
bronze>6 months

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #2,113 of 3,962
That's one award I don't want to win.
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #2,114 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"You never saw it again???"

Oh it really doesn't matter. He has been very helpful and has more than made up for it.

I haven't read of anyone that doesn't eventually get their amp back.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #2,115 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't read of anyone that doesn't eventually get their amp back.

Would you not be the first then?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back