Those daily Head-Fi spammers we all know and love...
Nov 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Gwarmi

Headphoneus Supremus
Nov 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 15
I don't think they're spam bots because one of the spammers actually replied. They're probably some 10-15 year old kids that want to have some laughs. The thing is.. they have a strange sense of humour. 

Nov 10, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 15
Those pesky kids! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Some of the stuff is truly dodgy that's all ~ actually most of it is!

Nov 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #4 of 15
Probably they are just trolling. 
confused.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #8 of 15

Quote:
hello Gwarmi,  

Best thing would be to not draw attention to them, thus, eliminating all said motivation.

Totally agree and anyone who's been on here for a little while knows best in that sense.

I just feel that anyone who's new may fall prey to some of these unsavory product suggestions.

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #9 of 15
Please report the spam. The Staff will take care of it.

All of us nuke it on sight, but we also need your help directing us to it.

Thanks for your help!

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #10 of 15

Quote:
Please report the spam. The Staff will take care of it.
All of us nuke it on sight, but we also need your help directing us to it.
Thanks for your help!

Thanks Erik, is it just as simple as 'copy pasting' the thread to you or Currawong via private message?

Woops scratch that <slap self> that's what the little red flag is for...

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #11 of 15

Quote:
Thanks Erik, is it just as simple as 'copy pasting' the thread to you or Currawong via private message?

No  - there's a little red flag at the bottom left of every post.  Clicking on it allows you to report the thread.

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #12 of 15
i thought this thread was dedicated to me? dang....i guess i can keep dreaming and work on my trolling skills.

Nov 15, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #13 of 15
It seems we have yet another Chinese company that wants to share their company with us. They actually think this is a legitimate method of self-promotion.

Nov 16, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #15 of 15
Otherwise we can safely ignore these threads, and let them die an irrelevant thread. This is one of the few forums I've been to that actually moves the unpopular topics out of sight fast. 

Thank you! We try to get the spam off the boards ASAP.

Everyone, please click on the red flags.

I take pleasure in sending spammers on their way. The rest of the Staff is happy to do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back