Thom Yorke: No more Radiohead albums
Aug 11, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 34
Sounds lame. As a side note this inspired me to listen to some Radiohead but I wasn't really paying attention and then I realized that I thought I was listening to Nina Simone because that is what I was previously listening to. Right.

Aug 11, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 34
Odd... at least he didn't say they won't be making new music
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 34
YES YES YES!!!! NO MORE LISTENING TO HIS WHINING!!! DIE EMO DIE1!1!!!

I'm trolling of course
wink.gif
But seriously, I hate his voice.

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #7 of 34
Yes, I liked the band but generally disliked Thom's delivery fairly intensely...never could reconcile the two. Tried to concentrate on the bits he didn't sing on, lol...

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #8 of 34
Thank the lord for that.
Why not go all the way and stop completely!
Radiohead is indeed some of the most mundane and downright boring noise ever.
I'd rather listen to coldplay and i cannot stand them!
Sorry but they are awful.

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #10 of 34
Oh dang Sherwood, why spoil our mood
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #11 of 34
Because it makes me sad, Electro. Because it makes me sad.
frown.gif

Since I no longer have any meaningful accomplishments lines up for my own life, I used new Radiohead albums as a way to verify that the human race had "levelled up", as it were. This news means that we, as a species, have plateaued. Is that not a little sad?

Aug 11, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #12 of 34
Why the sadness? Radiohead didn't break up and they're going to continue to release new music. I don't see any reason to get upset.

Besides, this is probably one of those things that won't hold up in the long term.

They'll get a good idea for an EP, collect material, then realize that it works together, etc., and end up making an album despite not really intending to.

Aug 11, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #13 of 34
You mean the fact that they we're releasing albums? I'm not too familiar with the pop news, but as a whole, I think you're right. And when such an influental group is doing so too.. I see your point and I agree. It makes me sad too..
frown.gif

Still dislike his voice though.. Grrrr, though that doesn't seem to be the topic
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why the sadness? Radiohead didn't break up and they're going to continue to release new music. I don't see any reason to get upset.

Radiohead is, and always was, a group that paid attention to details. The sum total of that attention yielded albums with excellent packaging, song transitions, and overall concepts (to my tastes, anyhow).

This news, to me, is like finding out that your favorite novelist will only write editorials from here on out.

Their music will now take roughly ten times as long to acquire, and will deliver 10% the emotional impact. If they follow through with it (which is doubtful), this castrates them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back