This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
Aug 1, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #1,354 of 1,370
My Stack has been working well since May Last year 2013 absolutely happy with it , up till now my Modi failed on me , the LED seem to be on but the output is a loud hissing sound . I have contacted Schiit via email on the warranty procedure lets see how it goes, will report back . Does anyone has any similar issue ?

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #1,356 of 1,370
  My Stack has been working well since May Last year 2013 absolutely happy with it , up till now my Modi failed on me , the LED seem to be on but the output is a loud hissing sound . I have contacted Schiit via email on the warranty procedure lets see how it goes, will report back . Does anyone has any similar issue ?

Nope. Been using my Modi for about the same period of time, and it works just fine. No noise at all, solid as a rock.

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #1,357 of 1,370
I just got magni modi (USB) Thursday.  My first DAC and amp, so nothing to compare them to, but I am very happy with them!  Amazing to me the fidelity I can get with my PC with FLAC files and $200 DAC/amp.

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #1,358 of 1,370
Neither my brand new Modi nor Wyrd are compatible w/ my SBT w/ EDO. Has anyone found any workarounds for this? I'm not optimistic about it since even Triode on the Squeezebox forums seemed to have given up on it. Wish I did my research before I grabbed these, but otoh this is the first usb dac that hasn't worked yet with the Touch. Looks like I'll have to list them for sale, which sucks because they sound great from my PC, but that's not where I need them.

-Daniel

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #1,360 of 1,370
  I just got magni modi (USB) Thursday.  My first DAC and amp, so nothing to compare them to, but I am very happy with them!  Amazing to me the fidelity I can get with my PC with FLAC files and $200 DAC/amp.

They are really a good combo.  IMHO I'd put them between 80-90% as good as the Gen. 1 Lyr and Bifrost stack I had, at $200 vs $900.  Absolute steal!

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #1,361 of 1,370
  We confirmed at RMAF that all of our USB inputs work with the Lightning CCK, with two caveats:

1. For iPhones, you need iOS7, and for iPads, you need iOS5, 6, or 7.
2. All of them may need a powered USB hub. We seem to be right at the limit of current draw on iOS devices; sometimes it works, sometimes you get the "this device draws too much power" error.

We'll be demoing with the Lightning CCK in the future.

For Android, we're still experimenting with USB OTG and the Audio Recorder Pro app; it seems to be a little more finicky, but we'll report back on compatibility, as well as adding the Lightning CCK compatibility, on the site shortly.

I know this is an old thread but still...

FUC&$#@ AWESOME!!!

I have a MODI all the way SOUTH AFRICA and never knew this trick!!!

Gonna make a custom cable tonight!!! 

BTW, do you have any idea if it works with the Raspberry Pi? That guy that designed the programming for ubuntu should know.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back