This is why I am never buying a HiFiMAN product again (Fang you might have a Ph.D. but you can't respect the simple concept of consistency)
Feb 5, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #19 of 53
I had an issue with my HE-6 and they resolved it quickly and without any problems. In my opinion their customer service is great.

That's great man .......my main intention was to complain about the consistency of his products more than anything else , if I am right even before HiFiMAN when he designed Jade headphones those were very inconsistent too .......so with all this it becomes very hard to know what you are exactly getting with your purchase , that's my main intention

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #20 of 53
UPDATE - They replied , 70$ for the replacement (no, thank you)

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting us. Even it is out of warranty, you can still send it back for replacement. The cost would be $70 (including shipping & handling).

If you are interested, please paypal $70 to head.direct.3@gmail.com. After payment, please let me know. I will send you the instructions for replacement.

Where do you live?

Best regards,

HIFIMAN Customer Service Team

Your friends at Head-Direct (The HiFiMAN store)"

I appreciate them finally replying but that's a lot of money , that is a easy pass , I can buy a NVX XPT 100 for that much :frowning2:

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #22 of 53
Do u know this?

Oh Yes , but that's not going to help me unfortunately
The driver has issues , it's a defective one unfortunately ....it rattles , I have done the felt removal mod but have the stock velour pads , it's the rattling which can be caused due to poor membrane attachment or many other factors , so I think I was unlucky

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #23 of 53
Just because you yell louder than others doesn't mean you get special treatment. Your headphone is out of warranty period, you're lucky they still have out-of-warranty replacement services, a lot of headphone companies don't.

The one suspicious thing is that the customer service never replied to your emails, which email address of theirs did you send to? If you can show proof to Hifiman that your first complaint email was sent WITHIN your warranty period but never got a reply in time, then that should be enough to validate a replacement without fee IMO.

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #24 of 53
Just because you yell louder than others doesn't mean you get special treatment. Your headphone is out of warranty period, you're lucky they still have out-of-warranty replacement services, a lot of headphone companies don't.

The one suspicious thing is that the customer service never replied to your emails, which email address of theirs did you send to? If you can show proof to Hifiman that your first complaint email was sent WITHIN your warranty period but never got a reply in time, then that should be enough to validate a replacement without fee IMO.

Wow that was rude .....my warranty period is not out , I was honest to tell then I opened it up so I might not be able to claim one , I could have put the felt back and send them but I did not do that ....
I made this thread to caution people , I have seen a lot of people get defective stuff from them , is all the fury because of the fact that I am pedantic ?

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #27 of 53
Wow that was rude .....my warranty period is not out , I was honest to tell then I opened it up so I might not be able to claim one , I could have put the felt back and send them but I did not do that ....
I made this thread to caution people , I have seen a lot of people get defective stuff from them , is all the fury because of the fact that I am pedantic ?

Well just re-assemble them and use the warranty then. Plenty of people disassemble these cans (to replace earpads / grills, or to do reversible mods) and they just need to put everything back as they are stock for Hifiman to honour the warranty.

Edit: don't forget to be nice (not to me, to the customer service) though, they don't like being yelled at, especially if you try to implore the restoration of a warranty that you voided.

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #28 of 53

Jerg wasn't being rude at all; you voided your warranty, and you shouldn't expect them to pretend you didn't simply because you could have neglected to mention it. Your complaints about the lack of replies is valid, but the response you were given is perfectly reasonable.

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #29 of 53
Proof date wise - 

1) 11th Sept 2013 - The day I got them , next day I E-Mailed them about this issue that would be the 12th 

My Unboxing video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnLP2vvDiEQ

2) The day I did a guest review on my friend's YouTube Channel  - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnoKSwjG6g8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUsOk9jMMe0DiPjG6peffIJg - This was 21st Oct 2013

3) I have no videos to support this one but this was around the 4th of December

4) Exactly 5 days ago  

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #30 of 53
  Jerg wasn't being rude at all; you voided your warranty, and you shouldn't expect them to pretend you didn't simply because you could have neglected to mention it. Your complaints about the lack of replies is valid, but the response you were given is perfectly reasonable.

I would not talk about how reasonable that would be but this is why I never complained , I am living with it at least I am trying 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back