this horizontal user info bar needs to go...
Feb 22, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #16 of 42
So the other two threads weren't enough?
Someone with greasemonkey skills could try and make something. VBulletin tries hard to prevent user-mods but it's always doable
smily_headphones1.gif
I checked if the info could be forced into a div box or something, but it would be too fragile. The slightest changes in the source would break it apart.

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #17 of 42
For some reason I remember this is how the layout was a very long time ago, like in 2003 or so, and when it changed I was annoyed. But I was also annoyed when the ad bar went from right to left, and now it doesn't bother me at all.

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #18 of 42
Yeah, people will get used to this, but is it smart? Is this layout smart? Was the layout smart back in 2003? This' the burning question.

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #20 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like this layout better, the only problem is that it puts more in evidence how annoying and space wasting are those long signatures listing every single piece of gear some have tried in their lives, the uncountable teams they belong to, and those smart quotes they need to repeat.

i agree.

long signatures need to go. i can't imagine a person really needing more than 3 lines or so.

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #22 of 42
After reading the new format for a day, I've already started to like it more than the old.

It does make the long signature even more annoying, but at least there is the option to turn off sigs altogether. Looks much better without them.

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #23 of 42
Yeah, still not diggin' the new look. Don't think I'll be able to get used to it. Plus, when I click on the logo to get to the main menu, all of the forums are listen in one column, which makes it kinda difficult to find the specific forums I want (lots of scrolling and searching!).

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #24 of 42
Not going to lie, I didn't even notice the change!

(Despite having ALL of the other forums with the left-bar setup for info. I know do realize the amount of extra scrolling involved, and will +1 to the old setup on the left.

Feb 23, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #27 of 42
I'll just point at possibly every other forum on the internet as justification for bringing back the tried and true format. At the very least, it would be nice if there was a theme for it. Having this format with a widescreen (16:10) monitor makes me constantly wish the vertical screen estate was being conserved and the horizontal screen estate was actually being used.

Feb 23, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #28 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i agree.

long signatures need to go. i can't imagine a person really needing more than 3 lines or so.

says the guy with 5 lines plus 2 blank lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Back