this horizontal user info bar needs to go...
Feb 22, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #2 of 42
especially on my 1080p monitor
frown.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #3 of 42
+1

I so much prefer the old layout, with username/avatar/location/... on the left side.

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #6 of 42
this is why i can not stop using firefox, most of the annoyance is gone with RIP/adblock addons
its usable now, still not anywhere near as good as before, no avatars
frown.gif

the way it looks too me, its very cold

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #9 of 42
I kind of like the new look, but this way the avatar/signature needs to be redesigned so it does not take so much space. It's positive that the site got smaller so it needs no horizontal scrolling, but now the vertical scrolling has almost doubled. maybe with 50x50 avatars or even smaller and max 3 lines of signature.

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #10 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kind of like the new look, but this way the avatar/signature needs to be redesigned so it does not take so much space. It's positive that the site got smaller so it needs no horizontal scrolling, but now the vertical scrolling has almost doubled. maybe with 50x50 avatars or even smaller and max 3 lines of signature.

horizontal scrolling? Do you have an 800x600 monitor or something?

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #11 of 42
I like this layout better, the only problem is that it puts more in evidence how annoying and space wasting are those long signatures listing every single piece of gear some have tried in their lives, the uncountable teams they belong to, and those smart quotes they need to repeat. This layout rarely needs horizontal scrolling, the old one, as soon as big pics were posted, needed it very frequently at my current 1152x864 resolution setting.

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #14 of 42
It's just going to take awhile to get used to it. I actually find it easier to read the text on long posts.

I really don't find the signatures annoying. I would rather look at someone's profile to see what equipment/gear they have or have listened to. But that's a personal preference.

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #15 of 42
Maybe if we reduced the size of the avatar the "name" bar would take less space and more posts could be seen in one page as well as less scrolling.

Oh, and lets not forget the users who have FS ads at the bottom of every post!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back