this can't be happening
Sep 25, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #31 of 71
Really glad to hear you’re OK. Yeah we might have chuckled since there was nothing else we could.

I’ve been rumored to be stupid once or twice myself and have the scars to prove it.

Mitch

Sep 25, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #33 of 71
Oh gosh that's really scary. I'm relieved that you're okay.

Sep 25, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #34 of 71
Next time, pull upwards and back on your earlobe and insert (in a twisting motion) gently until they seal. They shouldn't need to be jammed in all the way.

Granted, I don't own them, but they're just like earplugs, right?

Sep 25, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #35 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
I don't mind if people laugh, this whole thing was a damn joke, a cruel one at that.

Nobody was laughing at you getting the tip stuck in your ear. That sucks. We (at least me) were laughing because in the middle of this ordeal you managed to post on the forum.

I've sort of given up on IEM's without something like this even happening to me. They were pushing earwax further into my ear which can potentially cause problems. Besides, I don't even need them because I don't often go on flights and I'm not in noisy areas when I listen to music. And they are expensive relative to full-size headphones for the most part.

Anyway, don't you have those badass Blacksilver MS-2i's? Screw the E4!

Sep 25, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #36 of 71
is this something that had ever happened before or a freak accident? i just ordered a pair of the ety 6i's but i am thinking of cancelling it and going with a safer earphone such as the Audio Technica ATH-CK5. what do you think>?

Sep 25, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #37 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by baselinebruiser
is this something that had ever happened before or a freak accident? i just ordered a pair of the ety 6i's but i am thinking of cancelling it and going with a safer earphone such as the Audio Technica ATH-CK5. what do you think>?

it happened to me afew years ago with ety tri flange tip, though luckily since those were bigger i got em out myself... was at the dorms.

This was way worse, it's because those damn tips are really small, i tried them out because it seemed they went in easier being smaller, but boy was i wrong... the thing was so caked in way that it kept slipping out of my left ear, then when i tried to fix it, pushing it in a bit deeper, the tip slipped easily right off the driver, leaving me in this ridiculous situation...

I don't know if i'd discourage u or anyone from using them, i'm just one guy that had this happen tha ti know of, yet i guess care isn't emphasized enough with these things, and maybe some people should have it brought to their attention IEM
can be more dangerous then it seems, maybe i took them for granted, and let this stupid thing happen.

IF head-fi ever had an IEM sub category forum, i can imagine an iem safety sticky
warning people of misuse, and feel free to use my idiotic situation as an example.

Also, never let someone like your dad stick a sharp tweezer in your ear, that sucks.

Sep 25, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #38 of 71
Make this an excuse for buying some new UE-10s or Sensa 2x-s..
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2005 at 3:01 AM Post #39 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
I have a shure e4 small black tip all the way up my ear.

How's the soundstage?

Sep 25, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #45 of 71
This has happened to me before with the medium grey sleeves when I was drunk and passed out with them in, only to wake up in the morning with one of the sleeves stuck in my ear. Had to drive to the drugstore to bbuy tweezers to get it out.

Posted a nice thread here about it too, freaking out.

The way I view it, having lived through it (though not having to go to hospital) is that it is something that can happen but is really really rare, and besides a bit of embarassment isnt too bad.

I knoww I still use my e3c almost every day, though usually with foamies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back