Third Nashville meet...
May 17, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #46 of 76
Hi archosman, do you plan to bring your k1000s? Could make for an interesting comparison to see how the highpower balanced amp does compared to headamp.

We could run both setups off my Wadia at the same time.

May 17, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #47 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwayswantmore
Hi archosman, do you plan to bring your k1000s? Could make for an interesting comparison to see how the highpower balanced amp does compared to headamp.

We could run both setups off my Wadia at the same time.

They'll be here! Hope my hearing finally clears up.

May 17, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #48 of 76
With all the dates I sent out flying I want to make sure everyone knows it's the 27th... not the 20th!

May 17, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #49 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
They'll be here! Hope my hearing finally clears up.

I hope so too, because I have a real treat in store for you with the balanced K1000s / sub. I'm in the process of integrating some mapleshade tweaks, and still find myself shaking my head. This rig sounds absolutelyfreakingunbelievable!

May 18, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #50 of 76
I am bringing

Headphones: 990s, HF-1s, 225s, k26ps, ksc-75s, portapros 2s.
Amps: Microamp and Millet Hybrid
Sources: Ipod, a couple a vintage PCDPs

Also if I can get it set up in time my newly aquired vinyl setup.

May 22, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #51 of 76
Our building has a new owner and they started renovating last week. Saturday they came in and repainted our floor. I just found out 5 minutes ago that there is a strong possibility that they will lay carpet this coming Sat/Sun. Since our meet is not like a paying client they will go ahead and do it this weekend. I most likely won't know anything until this THURSDAY so we may have to cancel for the Memorial Day weekend. Hate to do this to everyone, but it's out of my hands and I'm so busy with shows this week I'm not going to have time to try and track down a room that we could use. I don't want to leave everyone hanging, but realise I have no choice in the matter with new owners. If we're lucky the carpet will come when it's scheduled... which is in 2 weeks. EVERYONE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK BACK HERE STARTING ON WEDNESDAY. I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH SHOWING UP HERE AND FINDING OUT IT'S BEEN CANCELLED

Stephen

May 22, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #52 of 76
Hi Stephen, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Thanks for all you're doing to coordinate this event.

May 22, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #53 of 76
That sucks guys. Hope it goes through for you.

Kent, I think you're saying you've got K1000 and a sub now? Always a fun setup. Archosman, did you ever get around to your K1000/bass shaker setup? I've had my bass shaker hooked up a few times with the Aria (bought from Ph34rful) and 325i. So great for all out rock music, brings in that bass impact that makes recording quality much less of an issue with headphones. Even Metallica's old stuff is great when you can feel the percussion and bass (even if you still can't hear the tiniest hint of it in the phones).

May 22, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #54 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
That sucks guys. Hope it goes through for you.

Kent, I think you're saying you've got K1000 and a sub now? Always a fun setup. Archosman, did you ever get around to your K1000/bass shaker setup? I've had my bass shaker hooked up a few times with the Aria (bought from Ph34rful) and 325i. So great for all out rock music, brings in that bass impact that makes recording quality much less of an issue with headphones. Even Metallica's old stuff is great when you can feel the percussion and bass (even if you still can't hear the tiniest hint of it in the phones).

Yep, the sound is beyond anything I could have asked for. Everything sounds SO REAL! BTW: What's a shaker? Any links to learn more?

May 25, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #56 of 76
They were laying carpet upstairs yesterday so at the moment I don't know. If I can't get a direct answer soon I'll have to postpone it. Sorry folks... new owners.

May 26, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #58 of 76
I don't know if I'd even be able to make it this weekend. It seems I have a compressed disc and I can't walk very well at the moment. Maybe if I could just lie on the couch on my side I could do it.
icon10.gif
We'll just have to see how I'm feeling. It's been 4 days since I could walk so who knows.

May 26, 2006 at 2:02 PM Post #60 of 76
Still no word on the carpet guys. If I don't hear anything by this afternoon I'm going to CANCEL it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back