Thinnest Portable Headamp Released: MiniBox-D
Mar 22, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #16 of 74
Charges via USB cable as well? So the input voltage is 5V?

Is the included charger North American type with folding prongs? And is it 110V only or both 110V/220V autosensing?

Love the fact that this amp is the size of a stack of business cards.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Mar 22, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #17 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Charges via USB cable as well? So the input voltage is 5V?

Is the included charger North American type with folding prongs? And is it 110V only or both 110V/220V autosensing?

Love the fact that this amp is the size of a stack of business cards.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Thanks.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 22, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #18 of 74
GOOD LORD! I AM GOING TO HAVE TO BUY THIS! So cheaply placed at $69 dollars! Since I don't have enough money for a Hornet right now, I may just buy this one... One quick question, does it reduce IEM hiss? Aw man, I have to buy an ALO cable :p :p :p

Mar 22, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #19 of 74
Nankai,
Have you had chance to compare your amp to more expensive amps? I was wondering how the sound compares to the Tomahawk. Also, like it was mentioned above, I was wondering if it has any hiss when using sensitive IEM's, such as E500's?

Lastly, how long does the battery last when in use? I noticed it says it lasts 70 hrs on standby...does that mean use or just sitting on, not being used?

Mar 22, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #20 of 74
I see on the picture an inscription that says high/low on the back of the amp, would this means that the amp has a high/low gain setting?

Also, any idea of which opamp and capacitators are used? I know there is a lot more to an amp than good components but it would help give us an idea of the sound quality to expect.

Mar 22, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #21 of 74
Yes.

MAX9722.

Quote:

Originally Posted by erlik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see on the picture an inscription that says high/low on the back of the amp, would this means that the amp has a high/low gain setting?

Also, any idea of which opamp and capacitators are used? I know there is a lot more to an amp than good components but it would help give us an idea of the sound quality to expect.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 22, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #22 of 74
I don't know the answer of your first question. Maybe you need search posts About MiniBox-D Portable Headamp.

I don't have E500 so I have no idea if it has any hiss. If it does have, people from several Headfi meets should let me know. Fortunately nobody talk about that when they test minibox-d at the meet.

I was told that the battery can standby 70hours. Romanee said that about 2.5 hours of USB connection and it's had roughly 15+ hours so far. If you like it, I will send you for free-to-try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nankai,
Have you had chance to compare your amp to more expensive amps? I was wondering how the sound compares to the Tomahawk. Also, like it was mentioned above, I was wondering if it has any hiss when using sensitive IEM's, such as E500's?

Lastly, how long does the battery last when in use? I noticed it says it lasts 70 hrs on standby...does that mean use or just sitting on, not being used?

Mar 30, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #26 of 74
Has anyone reviewed this yet?

Does it compare to a Cmoy amp? (yes im new to amps, lol)

Aim: DivxRipPimp

Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated...

Mar 30, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #27 of 74
The best specs i can find if anyone cares...

Specification of the headphone amplifier:

Drive chip:MAX9722
Frequency: 10Hz-60KHz?-3dB/+0.7dB?
Drive Impedance:16?-300?
SNR: >110dB
THD+N: 0.009%?
Output Power: 16?--70 mW? 32?--130mW?
PRSS: 80dB(217HZ)
Jack:3.5mm
Battery Type: 500mAH
Battery Work Life: 70 hours
Charge style:1.DC adapter charger 2.USB charger
AC Power:110V/50Hz~220V/50Hz
Dimensions:91mm * 55mm * 8.5mm(super thin)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back