Thinksound ov21! A Full-Size Listening Experience of the Acclaimed Wood Earphones With Amazing Timbre!
Aug 30, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #61 of 65
Once upon a time, I had a Monoprice M1570 headphone, which is an okay headphone without EQ but is greatly improved by Oratory1990's EQ. Extremely transformative. Recently, I bought the M1570C, which is the closed version of the same headphone. It was just okay in stock tuning like the Open version, but this Closed version didn't have an Oratory EQ to transform it like the Open. I reached out to him, no one else had arranged to send him an M1570C yet, so I volunteered to send him mine to him for measurement.

And I thought, while I'm sending him a headphone, I'll have a look through his list of EQs and see what else is in my collection that he hasn't measured. And my OV21 jumped out at me as a great candidate for an Oratory EQ, so I also sent him my OV21!

He confirmed receipt today, so in the coming weeks, we should see an Oratory EQ for the OV21. Personally I don't think it really needs EQ, I think it sounds great right off the rack. But I'd like to raise awareness of this headphone, and there being an Oratory EQ available certainly couldn't hurt. Plus, who knows, maybe I'll end up liking it even more.

So that's something for us OV21 owners to look forward to. :)

Aug 31, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #62 of 65
Once upon a time, I had a Monoprice M1570 headphone, which is an okay headphone without EQ but is greatly improved by Oratory1990's EQ. Extremely transformative. Recently, I bought the M1570C, which is the closed version of the same headphone. It was just okay in stock tuning like the Open version, but this Closed version didn't have an Oratory EQ to transform it like the Open. I reached out to him, no one else had arranged to send him an M1570C yet, so I volunteered to send him mine to him for measurement.

And I thought, while I'm sending him a headphone, I'll have a look through his list of EQs and see what else is in my collection that he hasn't measured. And my OV21 jumped out at me as a great candidate for an Oratory EQ, so I also sent him my OV21!

He confirmed receipt today, so in the coming weeks, we should see an Oratory EQ for the OV21. Personally I don't think it really needs EQ, I think it sounds great right off the rack. But I'd like to raise awareness of this headphone, and there being an Oratory EQ available certainly couldn't hurt. Plus, who knows, maybe I'll end up liking it even more.

So that's something for us OV21 owners to look forward to. :)
Hi dstarr3! Keep us posted! Thanks for the info! :beerchug:

Oct 7, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #64 of 65
Ooh, that puts them directly against something like the Meze 99, which the OV21 positively wipes the floor with

Feb 5, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #65 of 65
Has anyone tried the OV21s into a guitar amp? Hoping to upgrade my current cans for some high quality studio headphones for late night guitar jams and these look appealing. I tried some neutral headphones and I just found them a little too flat/uninspiring (ATH-MX50, Beyerdynamic 770s) and they didn’t usually handle distortion pedals very well (got fizzy). I currently am using the OneOdio studio headphones and for the cheap price they’ve worked well. Nice warmth and decent detail, but just want an upgrade that provides a great soundstage, has good detail and warmth, and can handle some rocking guitar tones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back