Thinksound ov21! A Full-Size Listening Experience of the Acclaimed Wood Earphones With Amazing Timbre!
Dec 24, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #46 of 65
Congratulations adriansticoid. I'm looking forward to your impressions. I'll be adding some new impressions soon, but I can state now that these headphones love a good burn-in. Mids and bass are wonderful and there is a nice soundstage with good instrument separation for a closed-back headphone. More to come. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
I agree. The very first thing that I thought during the first minutes in trying these was "The soundstage on these doesn't feel like it's coming from a closed back setup."

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays as well!

Dec 25, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #47 of 65
I have had this about two weeks so far. They are caught in my queue, but as luck would have it; they will be used in a comparison as well as a review quite soon. Ever since my ON2, I have loved what Thinksound does, and will continue to support them. The OV21 has about 3 hours so far, so any remarks regarding sound would be premature. Suffice to say though, that they have a good amount of clarity and the sound is reminiscent of an open back instead of a closed back in some respects.

I am still working on my in20 review as well.

Cheers and stay safe, all.
IMG_0231.jpg

Jan 24, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #50 of 65
I think reviews are finally hitting outside of head-fi now.

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #51 of 65
I've received mine as well. How long do you guys reckon i should run them in?
They're a little bright to me and a little lean on the bass. I wouldn't comment much on its sound yet as i haven't really listen to them in depth but as many said here, the soundstage is amazing for a closed-back and also plenty of detail as well.

Feb 17, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #52 of 65
I've received mine as well. How long do you guys reckon i should run them in?
They're a little bright to me and a little lean on the bass. I wouldn't comment much on its sound yet as i haven't really listen to them in depth but as many said here, the soundstage is amazing for a closed-back and also plenty of detail as well.
I would try to get as close to 100 hours as you can. What source are you using?

Feb 17, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #53 of 65
I would try to get as close to 100 hours as you can. What source are you using?
Will try to put them through a 100 hours!
I'm using Audirect's Beam 3 Pro dongle connected to my laptop, also tried on my DAP iBasso's DX160.
Tried on another bluetooth dacamp YinLuMei's B2 with AKM4497, but seems bright to me as well. Not sure if its my source, but on apple's lightning dongle, it's slightly lesser in terms of brightness. Just a tad lesser. Made me think its something to do with me source, but the bass is definitely on the flatter side i guess? When i push the cup closer to my ears, the bass kinda "wakes" up..haha..made me question the seal again hahah damn...
but the ear pads does cover my whole ears, so yeah..i don't know..
will put them through some time again.

Feb 20, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #54 of 65
Will try to put them through a 100 hours!
I'm using Audirect's Beam 3 Pro dongle connected to my laptop, also tried on my DAP iBasso's DX160.
Tried on another bluetooth dacamp YinLuMei's B2 with AKM4497, but seems bright to me as well. Not sure if its my source, but on apple's lightning dongle, it's slightly lesser in terms of brightness. Just a tad lesser. Made me think its something to do with me source, but the bass is definitely on the flatter side i guess? When i push the cup closer to my ears, the bass kinda "wakes" up..haha..made me question the seal again hahah damn...
but the ear pads does cover my whole ears, so yeah..i don't know..
will put them through some time again.
This desktop DAC/Amp also has great synergy with the ov21, bringing out the bass and giving a wider soundstage. It's a great pairing! I have connected to my new iMac>>>

xDuoo XA-10 DAC/Headphone Amp

Apr 15, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #55 of 65
To any and all who have owned these for a while now, have they become your daily go-to? Or at least quite often? I tried Meze Neo late last year and sent them back. Now seriously considering the OV21 as I love my ON2. But just like the ON2, the OV21 seems to have gained little thread traction. The boutique aspect? Comments appreciated. My headphone collection is mostly open-back, but I'm looking to add a closed-back to replace my ATH-M40, which has never impressed. Thanks.

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #56 of 65
To any and all who have owned these for a while now, have they become your daily go-to? Or at least quite often? I tried Meze Neo late last year and sent them back. Now seriously considering the OV21 as I love my ON2. But just like the ON2, the OV21 seems to have gained little thread traction. The boutique aspect? Comments appreciated. My headphone collection is mostly open-back, but I'm looking to add a closed-back to replace my ATH-M40, which has never impressed. Thanks.

Yes, the OV21 has become my go-to everyday full-size headphone for listening! It used to be the Sennheiser HD6XX (and I still own the Beyerdynamic T1, B&W P7, and a few other full-size headphones). I just haven't heard anything - for the money - that gives me great clarity in mids, a nice bass boost (not overly done), non-harsh highs, and a cohesive nearly balanced sound. In addition, the soundstage isn't bad at all for a closed-back headphone.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #57 of 65
Yes, the OV21 has become my go-to every day full headphone for listening! It. used to the Sennheiser HD6XX (and I still own the Beyerdynamic T1, B&W P7, and a few other full-size headphones). I just haven't heard anything - for the money - that gives me great clarity in mids, a nice bass boost (not overly done), non-harsh highs, and a cohesive nearly balanced sound. In addition, the soundstage isn't bad at all for a closed-back headphone.
Thanks for the reply. I am going to sell some stuff and buy the OV21. Based on my ON2, Thinksound never gets enough press, and I think they hit it on the tuning! Can't wait to hear the new one.

Apr 16, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #58 of 65
Thanks for the reply. I am going to sell some stuff and buy the OV21. Based on my ON2, Thinksound never gets enough press, and I think they hit it on the tuning! Can't wait to hear the new one.
You're welcome, and I agree! Thinksound is very underrated for its tuning and excellent products!

Dec 5, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #59 of 65
I just got my OV21 this weekend. I only have a couple hours on them so far, but first impression is very good. This headphone is buckets of fun. The strong, energetic bass and sugary-sweet highs remind me of my Teaks, which is by a wide measure my favorite headphone in my collection. It's not quite on the same level as the Teaks, but it also is cheaper, so you still get what you pay for, at least. And especially considering I got these for $280 on their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale, that's some extraordinary value. At the full price of $400, I'd have to advise one to save up just a little bit more and stretch for the Teaks instead, but if you can get these at $280 like I did, they're a slam dunk and a half, extremely easy to recommend. That price puts them in Meze 99 territory and I'd have these over the 99 any day of the week, no hesitation.

Something to say about fitment, though. I do have a mighty big noggin. To give you an idea, in the past I've had people recommend me things on the basis that they also think they have a big head and a thing fits them, only to find that their recommendation doesn't fit my apparently even bigger head. That being the case, the OV21 just barely fits me. Really gotta pull down on the cups and stuff my ears in there. Once the headphone's on, things are mostly fine. But there is not even a millimeter to spare for me. So, if you're like me and your head is on the especially big side of big, you might have problems.

Dec 6, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #60 of 65
I just got my OV21 this weekend. I only have a couple hours on them so far, but first impression is very good. This headphone is buckets of fun. The strong, energetic bass and sugary-sweet highs remind me of my Teaks, which is by a wide measure my favorite headphone in my collection. It's not quite on the same level as the Teaks, but it also is cheaper, so you still get what you pay for, at least. And especially considering I got these for $280 on their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale, that's some extraordinary value. At the full price of $400, I'd have to advise one to save up just a little bit more and stretch for the Teaks instead, but if you can get these at $280 like I did, they're a slam dunk and a half, extremely easy to recommend. That price puts them in Meze 99 territory and I'd have these over the 99 any day of the week, no hesitation.

Something to say about fitment, though. I do have a mighty big noggin. To give you an idea, in the past I've had people recommend me things on the basis that they also think they have a big head and a thing fits them, only to find that their recommendation doesn't fit my apparently even bigger head. That being the case, the OV21 just barely fits me. Really gotta pull down on the cups and stuff my ears in there. Once the headphone's on, things are mostly fine. But there is not even a millimeter to spare for me. So, if you're like me and your head is on the especially big side of big, you might have problems.
Let them burn in as they get better and better. They are still my go-to headphones (over the HD6XX and T1). Happy listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back