Thinking of upgrading to Sennheiser? You must read this...
Mar 31, 2008 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 92

TheDeliveryMan

100+ Head-Fier
Hello fellow fi'ers-

Just wanted to let you know of a cool program we're launching tomorrow.

www.sennheiserusa.com/upgrade

So, here's a quick question-- how much are those stock earbuds worth to you? Yeah, we know that they only cost thirty cents to make...but take a look in your desk drawer and you might find a few...one pair could be worth as much as $25

...even if they're broken or covered in ear-cheese.

Upgrading your portable headphones is one of the best parts of this hobby...its fun, its exciting and it is a great way to rediscover your music collection. If you've got a pair of portable headphones lying around, consider making the upgrade with us and we'll pay you $$ for your old headphones---portable, full-size, in-ears...it doesn't matter. You might as well get some sort of trade-in value for them right? Please see the link below for details. Best of all? It's EASY!

*note* The PDF form was designed as a tear-pad for retail stores, but you can just print it out and send it in.

Apr 3, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 92
if only I hadn't bought my headphones a few days ago. Oh well, they are only temps and only cost $20 anyway and a $5 rebate is hardly worth it. They are pretty decent headphones for the price too, MX660's

Apr 3, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #6 of 92
Yeah, too bad we Canucks are excluded.

I notice the new IE6 and IE7 are listed on the form.

When are these actually going to become available???

Apr 3, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #7 of 92
we'll see the IE series in late spring. thanks for your interest. spread the word on the main forums so head-fi'ers konw that they can get the best deals...it would be a shame to miss out on some spare cash because they didn't know
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #8 of 92
Great idea, I may have to look into your inears a bit more.

It would be kind of cool to have a similar thing for fullsized home headphones, rebates based on price. For that you could send in old pc headsets or the overly common 8 ohm headphones

Apr 8, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #9 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicallySilent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great idea, I may have to look into your inears a bit more.

It would be kind of cool to have a similar thing for fullsized home headphones, rebates based on price. For that you could send in old pc headsets or the overly common 8 ohm headphones

Thank you for your compliments and feedback. We'll take another look at headphones offered based on the popularity of this special offer.

Apr 10, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #10 of 92
so you buy one of the headphones listed.

then you mail in your old earbuds.
do you get listed thing in all?

lets say someone got the mx 51. they have 2 pairs of earbuds. they send them in. do they get 5 dollars each or 5 dollars total? in the latter's case, would sending back multiple ear buds have any more effect then sending 1 pair?

Apr 10, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #11 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so you buy one of the headphones listed.

then you mail in your old earbuds.
do you get listed thing in all?

lets say someone got the mx 51. they have 2 pairs of earbuds. they send them in. do they get 5 dollars each or 5 dollars total? in the latter's case, would sending back multiple ear buds have any more effect then sending 1 pair?

thats a great question. the form does state that you can only trade one headphone per submission, but you're more than welcome to submit multiple headphones on multiple forms (each form = one upgrade to a sennheiser headphone).

if you're going to upgrade anyways, you might as well trade in the old and get some $$ back, even if its $5 or $10. Even $5 bucks for earbuds that cost $0.40 to produce is a pretty good deal-- 12.5x or 1250% more than what they are worth. if the trade in is for in-ears or noise cancelling headphones, you can get even more back. again, we don't care if they're new or used, broken, earbuds, walkman headphones, 10 years old, 20 years old, 10 minutes old... every dollar helps, especially with fuel and energy going up.

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #13 of 92
we dont' care where you bought the old ones from..just show us that you upgraded to one of our sets and finally ditch those lousy stock earbuds! haha

UPC from the new ones + form + old lame-o headphones = $$$ and
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks for your question

Apr 16, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #15 of 92
Man, your terminology is scaring me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back