Thinking about picking up the Eastsound CD-E5
Jun 26, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #166 of 1,228
Hello phiodox

The reason i asked is because when i recieved me MC67-HA Valve Head Amplifier
preamp from them it was packed in 3 boxes.That was it,it arrived unharmed ,but the box was in bad shape.

Jun 27, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #167 of 1,228
That was similar to the packaging of the CD-E5. Multiple boxes that were layered in such a way that even if the outer box took damage, the internal box that holds the component itself would be fine.

Jun 28, 2005 at 12:23 PM Post #169 of 1,228
Great, let us know what you think when it arrives.

I know that the Canadian group buy CD-E5's have arrived and Chillysalsa seems quite happy with his. I cant wait for impressions to start filtering in from the others.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #171 of 1,228
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerWilco
Well i put the order in yesterday and i have not recieved any kind of e-mail back yet.

They are a little slow on the email at times, I would suggest resending just in case they missed it. Snowy has been complaining about problems with German spammers, and I know the havoc they have wreaked here on my employers email system.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #172 of 1,228
Is it a holiday there?They have my money in there paypal account.I buy and sell alot and one thing i can not stand is having to wait for a reply on an item i have purchased.A day later

I am straight forward when i sell.You can read my feedback on audiogon.Speaks for its self.

I mean i don't even know at this point if they recieved my money--nothing.

UPDATE--JUST RECIEVED AN E-MAIL THAT THEY HAVE RECIEVED MY MONEY AND EVERYTHING IS A GO.

Jun 28, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #173 of 1,228
Glad that worked out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #175 of 1,228
Quote:

....But they are a company and this is business,is why they must be prompt on keeping in touch on a purchase...

What are you talking about? According to the dates of your above posts, they responded the very next day. That's pretty damn quick for anyone, especially when they're located a world away.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #176 of 1,228
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
What are you talking about? According to the dates of your above posts, they responded the very next day. That's pretty damn quick for anyone, especially when they're located a world away.
rolleyes.gif

It was much over a day later thay had responded after recieving my money.Thats what i was talking about!This is the second piece of equipment i had ordered from them and on the first one they dropped the ball on e-mailing me back.It was many days later before i recieved an e-mail ,but they did say they were sorry for that.

When ordering from a different country so far away we do need assurance that everything is moving along.

In saying this in no way do i mean that cattylink is a bad company.I think they are pretty upstanding from what i have seen.That is the reason i made a second purchase.

Jun 29, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #178 of 1,228
Quote:

I have been waiting for someone to give a review of the eastsound on this site.

And I have been meaning to do that... the only problem is that I don't have much on hand to compare it to.
frown.gif

I could do a Eastsound CD-E5 vs. low end Sony DVD player or WAV's on my portable setup, but I'm not sure how usefull that would be.
confused.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #179 of 1,228
I pick mine up from Canada on Saturday. There won't be an immediate review but I do intend to do some comprisons between it and the other players I have access to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back