Thinking about picking up the Eastsound CD-E5
Jul 13, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #1,216 of 1,228
Brian,

It is also worthwhile to note that most of the issues that could come up with the CD player would likely be transport related. Assuming we could get Cattylink to send us a transport it would be very easy to replace. I've opened mine up and it looks rather simple... not to mention that someone made a detailed guide a while back.

- Jay

Jul 13, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #1,217 of 1,228
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Brian,

It is also worthwhile to note that most of the issues that could come up with the CD player would likely be transport related. Assuming we could get Cattylink to send us a transport it would be very easy to replace. I've opened mine up and it looks rather simple... not to mention that someone made a detailed guide a while back.

- Jay

Yeah, get on msn later, I didn't realise we could ask cattylink for our parts and save us shipping hassles.

Jul 13, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #1,218 of 1,228
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
I think I'm sold :p. If your willing to offer an warranty past 1 year on this unit I'm thinking of buying, how can I refuse? :p.

Dimensions seem good, but is it 17" exact in width is what I need to know. My rack can do something between 17" and 18" in width.

Is it 5" tall with the feet?

It's actually 16 7/8" wide (I just measured mine) and 5" tall includes the feet. From shelf to the top of the unit is 5".

Addressing the transport thing - I bought my E5 used from Art. I later had a transport fail. He got the new transport to me, and it took less than 30 minutes to swap it with the old one. Everything has been good since then. So don't worry about the transport. it's an easy job.

A_Sr.

Jul 15, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #1,219 of 1,228
Quote:

Art, what is the deal with the silver raincoat power cords (are there a cheaper model then the silver that still uses the nice connectors (I hate generic power cables as they are so flimsy)). Can you order seperate ones directly from cattylink or something? If so, what are the prices on them? Can you order one and I then buy it off you? Sorry, I'm just curious as I see they are being sold with some of the cd players.

Long ago the Silver Raincoat power cord came witht he E5 but for some time now has only been sold with the E5 with separate payment for it - not sure what the cost is.

Snowy Law at info@cattylink.com can advise you on the cost.

Anyone having trouble emailing cattylink can use me as a relay - I seem to get through when others are blocked by their email filters.

I think they have solved their persistent email problem by now.

Jul 16, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #1,220 of 1,228
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells
Long ago the Silver Raincoat power cord came witht he E5 but for some time now has only been sold with the E5 with separate payment for it - not sure what the cost is.

Snowy Law at info@cattylink.com can advise you on the cost.

Anyone having trouble emailing cattylink can use me as a relay - I seem to get through when others are blocked by their email filters.

I think they have solved their persistent email problem by now.

I sent them an e-mail asking for the costs of the silver raincoat power cords, and what other power cords they offer, the costs, and the costs if you buy say 2-3 or more (discount maybe?) I think my gmail e-mail got blocked as it's been a few days with no response. G-mail isn't working for me at the moment, but I have a feeling I haven't gotten a response.

Art, if you could give them an e-mail for me I'de appreciate it.

Jul 17, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #1,221 of 1,228
Quote:

I sent them an e-mail asking for the costs of the silver raincoat power cords, and what other power cords they offer, the costs, and the costs if you buy say 2-3 or more (discount maybe?) I think my gmail e-mail got blocked as it's been a few days with no response. G-mail isn't working for me at the moment, but I have a feeling I haven't gotten a response.

Art, if you could give them an e-mail for me I'de appreciate it.

Will do and report back.

Jul 17, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #1,222 of 1,228
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells
Will do and report back.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Does anybody have a high resolution photo of the back / connections of the cd player?

Jul 17, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #1,224 of 1,228
Yes Ken, those are great, I thought I saw them in a FS thread before, but I could not remember.

The American units like the one I am getting are 115v I believe. I live in an area where the wall voltage is 120v. I have heard this is not a problem (running the 115v cd player off a 120v jack that is), but would the 115v player be better off an 115v wall outlet?

Also, does anybody have a silver raincoat power cord they'de like to sell me that might had come with their eastsound, or any raincoat power cord or any power cord that is relatively cheap with good connectors?
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2006 at 12:59 PM Post #1,225 of 1,228
In Canada we have 110V/60Hz Brian... regardless, the 115V player will be fine. Look at your computer PSU.
tongue.gif

Jul 17, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #1,226 of 1,228
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
In Canada we have 110V/60Hz Brian... regardless, the 115V player will be fine. Look at your computer PSU.
tongue.gif

Weird, I just googled it. It seems your right. I always am measuring like 120v, what the hell? Man, I must have some instable voltage or something LOL. My computers psu reads 115v. Hah.

Jul 17, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #1,227 of 1,228
Don't worry about it, anywhere in the range of 110V - 120V is normal... probably ok going even a little higher or lower, but not too much.

Jul 17, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #1,228 of 1,228
Here is the email response on cables:

THE SILVER RAINCOAT IS A HIGH-END POWER CABLE AND NOT A CHEAP CABLE. THE PRICE IS INTENTIONALLY LOW WHEN BUYING THE ESOUND CD PLAYER, WITH AN AIM TO MATCH THE SOUND AND PROVIDE EVEN BETTER PERFORMANCE.

FOR GENERAL PURCHASE OF SILVER RAINCOAT SERIES CABLES PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING PRICE LIST: (TRANSPORTATION NOT INCLUDED)

PRICE FOR ANALOG RESEARCH EXTREME QUALITY AUDIO CABLES:

**SILVER RAINCOAT RCA CABLE (1M PAIR) = USD138- PER PAIR;

**SILVER RAINCOAT ¡°SE¡± RCA CABLE (1M PAIR) = USD168- PER PAIR;

**SILVER RAINCOAT ¡°SE¡± XLR BALANCED CABLE (1M PAIR) = USD168- PER PAIR;

**SILVER RAINCOAT ¡°REFERENCE¡± XLR BALANCED CABLE (1M PAIR) = USD198- PER PAIR

**GOLD RAINCOAT RCA CABLE (1M PAIR) = USD138- PER PAIR;

**GOLD RAINCOAT XLR BALANCED CABLE (1M PAIR) = USD153- PER SET;

**SILVER RAINCOAT POWER CABLE (1.5M) US PLUG = USD128- PER SET;

**SILVER RAINCOAT POWER CABLE (1.5M) SCHUKO PLUG = USD138- PER SET;

**SILVER RAINCOAT SPEAKER CABLE (2.5M PAIR) = USD228- PER PAIR;

*********DISCOUNTS GRANTED FOR ORDERS ABOVE 10 SETS EACH.

FOR REAL CHEAP PRICE YOU MAY TURN TO POWER CORDS SUCH AS XINDAK PC-03. PRICE ONLY USD29-. OF COURSE THE PERFORMANCE CANNOT BE JUSTIFIED AS HIGH-END AT ALL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back