Think these folks are for real?
Oct 5, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 17
Yipes! Seems like they are living by the saying of the late great Interconnect and Cable maker, P T Barnum, "There's one born every minute" and "Everytime an Audiophile drops more than $30grand an angel gets its wings".

Oct 5, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 17
"Everytime an Audiophile drops more than $30grand an angel gets its wings".

Or a high end audio salesman gets another few years on the lease of his BMW.

Oct 6, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #6 of 17
91$ seems fine to me. :deadhorse:

The "literature" about the BlackBody was entertaining if a little long and not related to BlackBody in any possible way. I'm not sure I understand correctly, but now I believe that it will protect me, my music, and all my electronic equipment from some nasty solar flares by grabbing all the bad energy in the room with its little invisible hands(or noodly appendices?). I'm guessing it might also protect us from nuclear explosions, fires, bad karma, and calibrate your TV. The military should rapidly look into this instead of constantly worrying about how to shield gears and people against all sorts of stuff. Maybe it even removes COVID from the room? I'm very optimistic about this.

Oct 6, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 17
The lengthy description of the SD card player thing has a line that says "Just to make sure you know what an SD card is" and then there's images of SD cards and...

Who is that even aimed at? Like, what are the chances that somebody who is erm... Audiophile enough to throw ninety thousand American Dollars at a piece of audio equipment like that... Has never seen an SD card before?

Oct 11, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #9 of 17
I like the way the $91k SD card player only plays SD cards, and not SD XC. So, 32GB is the maximum card size supported.
I am assuming the target audience for this stores each song in a different SD card.

Oct 11, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #10 of 17
It's like those limited edition coin collecting scams that target seniors, but for geriatric billionaire audiophiles that live in 1980s penthouses.

Considering headphone prices I probably shouldn't be talking :speak_no_evil:

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #11 of 17
There are people with more money than sense that only care about buying the best, even if they don't know anything about it and don't even use it. There are rich people who go out and buy McIntosh systems, get them installed in a fancy custom cabinet, and then use them as if they are boom boxes. They might never use an SD card. But they want to have the option there because it's fancy and expensive. I've met a couple of people like this. Their purchases had little to do with practicality, and everything to do with feeding their ego.

I had involvement with art auctions back in the day, and I met a high roller art buyer. In talking to him, it was clear he knew very little about the art he was buying. I asked him about a specific piece he had bought. He said he didn't really know why he bought it. He liked to buy the pieces on the cover of the catalog. Everyone would talk about the person who bought the cover piece. That one was on the cover, so he bought it.

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #12 of 17
I'm finding the tone in this thread overtly harsh. If you buy 2 plus Laminar Streamers you get 5% off and you can get 10% off if you buy 4 plus.

You could save up to $36,472.40 if you buy 4 :beerchug:

Glass half full and all that.

* Sarcasm is such a nice Colour on me.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #13 of 17
What a great investment! I can hardly afford to NOT buy four!

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #15 of 17
We can always keep this thread going to see if the website stays in existence: if they really can sustain such absurd prices with marketing. I just went to their website and saw "Firewall for Loudspeakers"....is that supposed to mean something? My passive loudspeakers are driven by Amazon basics speaker wire....I'm thinking I might try spending money on bare metal coat wires vs these insane prices:L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back