things you can legally do when you turn 18?
Mar 5, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #17 of 55
oh yeah i forgot about that. do hard crime? do hard time. you go to the big house, not juvie.

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:17 AM Post #18 of 55
In australia 18 is the legal age for drinking and gambling - at the same time if you so choose.
biggrin.gif

Rob.

Mar 5, 2006 at 9:43 AM Post #19 of 55
One thing that hasn't been mentined is she can legally cross state lines without a parent or guardian. Technically you're not supposed to do that before 18.

Also she could get an abortion without parental consent/notification (for states that require that) as well as get perscriptions and all that...including perscriptions for the greens in CA
wink.gif

She can also leave the country alone...and go to Canada where the drinking age is 18.

--Illah

Mar 5, 2006 at 9:48 AM Post #20 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah

She can also leave the country alone...and go to Canada where the drinking age is 18.

--Illah

I've always thought it's 19
confused.gif

at least that's what I've heard in BC and Ontario!

Mar 5, 2006 at 10:59 AM Post #21 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah
One thing that hasn't been mentined is she can legally cross state lines without a parent or guardian. Technically you're not supposed to do that before 18.

Also she could get an abortion without parental consent/notification (for states that require that) as well as get perscriptions and all that...including perscriptions for the greens in CA
wink.gif

--Illah

You can't cross state lines without a parent or guardian? Why??

[/QUOTE]Join the military
Vote
Buy tobacco
Buy firearms
Get married
Have sex with other adults
Dance naked in a strip club
Rent adult films
Star in adult films
Get tattooed
Play the lottery
Buy a house[/QUOTE]

It's funny that so many things that you can do when your eighteen are sexually related.

Mar 5, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #22 of 55
In the state of MS she can now buy cigarettes, buy spray paint, buy super glue, buy rated "R" movies, buy CO2 cartridges that go in paintball guns (only have to be 16 to actually buy the paintballs), and buy lighters as someone else has already said. I worked at Walmart for like a year so I know a lof the things one can and can't buy.. haha

JD

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #23 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
do you actually have to be 18 to buy a lighter? if thats a real law its never enforced (in CT atleast)

---> Yes, I'm quite sure you do (techincally) in NY. I worked at a grocery store when I was younger and recall hearing that lol--why I don't know. I've never seen it enforced. I mean, if I 9 year old kid tries to buy a zippo then yeah.

***Strip clubs, yeah (topless only)

***Can drink (Canada, no?)

***Can write your own absence excuses in school
Used to do this often
very_evil_smiley.gif

***Go skydiving

Mar 5, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #24 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
hmm, i believe the big one is that you can legally have sexual intercourse with people over the age 18 now without it being considered Statutory Rape, because legally no intercourse before 18 can be considered Consensual if it's with an adult. the same goes for performing in the adult entertainment industry, 18 is the magic number.

amazingly, most states still have the legal age to drink as 21 - shouldn't the two ages be flipped for these? nevermind!

That really depends upon the state you live in. In some states, the age of consent is 16. Also, I believe some states allow for gaps of something like 4 years. This allows for the high school senior to hook up with a freshman and not get busted for statutory rape. Also, I don't think most states would prosecute for statutory rape if the guy were 18 and the girl was 17 (or vice versa).

Mar 6, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #26 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
Is it still rape if the guy was 17 and the girl was 20 ? =D

This reminds me of all those teenage guys who ratted out their hot 20-something female teachers (whom they hooked up with). To quote Carlos Mencia . . " dee dee dee~!".

Only in America.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #28 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
choose to donate organs when you die.

You don't have to be 18 for that.
I'm a organ donor, and I am 17.

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #30 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
You can't cross state lines without a parent or guardian? Why??

I don't know why one couldn't do this alone, but if you do this with an adult who is not your parent/gurdian before you're 18, it's considered kidnapping for the adult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back