things you can legally do when you turn 18?
Mar 6, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #31 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
Is it still rape if the guy was 17 and the girl was 20 ? =D

LOL, like I said, it really depends upon the state you live in.

Mar 6, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #32 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
Here's one not mentioned (for New York State, anyway):

Sign yourself into a hospital psychiatric ward.

Handy tidbit for Head-Fi obsessives.
very_evil_smiley.gif

To stay OT,
I think you can rent a car at age 18.

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #36 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
If someone misleads you about their age by saying they're 19 but when they're really 17 years old. Can the girl or girl's family press charges?

Short answer? YEP.

Mar 6, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #37 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Short answer? YEP.

But thats for if "I thought the female was over 18, am I still liable?"

But what if you asked the girl for her age. And she lied to you by saying "I am 18 years old"

Still rape?

Mar 6, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #39 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
But thats for if "I thought the female was over 18, am I still liable?"

But what if you asked the girl for her age. And she lied to you by saying "I am 18 years old"

Still rape?

I think so. But most places couldn't really care less, unless the parents of the female are adamant in pressing charges.

Mar 6, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #40 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
I think you can rent a car at age 18.

You know, I 'm not sure if this is true. I remember some of my younger co-workers needed to rent a car for a work project, and they had trouble because you had to be over 25. I could be wrong on this....

General comment: funny (more like creepy) how this thread de-volved into discussions of sex with minors.
eek.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #41 of 55
In Italy, they recently changed the law that if rape is committed to someone who is not a virgin, the penalty is a lot less severe, something like 4-8 years in prison, versus 20 years or more.

Mar 6, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #42 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink

General comment: funny (more like creepy) how this thread de-volved into discussions of sex with minors.
eek.gif

You should see some of the girls in my town . . they can fool you like nobody's business. Hell when I was a a minor, folks were asking me to buy them wrapping papers and cigarettes. (couldn't though obviously) I'm 19 now, and some women think I'm mid 20s. (I'm a dude btw)

Mar 6, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #43 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
You should see some of the girls in my town . . they can fool you like nobody's business. Hell when I was a a minor, folks were asking me to buy them wrapping papers and cigarettes. (couldn't though obviously) I'm 19 now, and some women think I'm mid 20s. (I'm a dude btw)

icon10.gif

Mar 7, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #45 of 55
Quote:

In Italy, they recently changed the law that if rape is committed to someone who is not a virgin, the penalty is a lot less severe, something like 4-8 years in prison, versus 20 years or more.

so because she has had relations in the past she is fair game to any creep that hates woman and decides to take what he wants no matter who objects ?

Nice one.Next they will be able to beat the crap out of someone without penalty because that person they beat up had a fight in the sixth grade.no less ridiculous
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back