Things to do at 3 AM
Aug 1, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #16 of 49
Mmm.. Find a 24 hour grocery store

See if the bowling ally is still open if you have one that stays till like 5 am.

Go to the Mcdonalds drive thru.

All I can think of. It sucks, I am a night person and sleep a lot during the day usually and there is nothing to do outside in the middle of the night. I need to move to vegas
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #17 of 49
Find something to read? That puts most people to sleep quickly. Although if you have a more serious case of insomnia I'm not sure that would do the trick.

Aug 1, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #18 of 49
Because I'm a student doing projectbased education, I can schedule my own days. If I can't sleep, I'll work on the project, and sleep during the day. I'll grab my laptop, a headphone and go out someplace quiet and just work outside -- if the weather permits offcourse. I love the night, it's peaceful, allmost like a whole other world. Isn't much you can do though, but if you can't sleep I highly recommend you just go for a long walk with some music, it's a great stress reliever. A year ago, I used to do this all the time.

Aug 1, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #19 of 49
well with a friend its easy. go to the beach, go chill at starbucks (there's a 24 hour one in torrence), go eat (some cafe's are open 24 hours in Alhambra), go to the library (USC is 24 hours)... if its the weekend, then i'm sure you won't have a problem finding somewhere to chill.

Aug 1, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #20 of 49
Here in Malaysia, 24 hour open air restaurants are everywhere. Last month alot of World Cup matches air at 3am here and I can have a hard time looking for empty tables. Also I can have all the local, Indian or western fares most of these shops serve, 24 hours a day w00t.

Aug 2, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #25 of 49
either go back to bed and fake it till you make it, or make some coffee and call the night a total loss.

Aug 2, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #26 of 49
Well, I woke up at 2:15 am. Got dressed, went for a wonderful drive through the gulch, with no traffic, jumped on the freeway, went to another state and bought gas for the car (where I could pump it myself), took the long way back to town, stopped at WalMart, checked out the Dodge dealer, went back to the motel, cleaned up the car, had breakfast, and then went to work at 09:45.

Aug 2, 2006 at 7:36 AM Post #27 of 49
How about getting drunk and trying to find the Hollywood sign?

Ever go to Tommy's (the original one) in the dead of night just to see who (or what) is there?

And if you're tired of Denny's, come on down to Manhattan Beach and eat at the Kettle. Open 24 hours, at the corner of Highland and Manhattan Beach Boulevard. Wander out on the pier afterwards.

How about seeing what the 405 is like without traffic?

There's lots to do around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back