Things that annoy me
Apr 26, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 18
I hate it when people bash Bose for being overpriced and then go out and buy $400 copper cables or an LCD3 for $2000.

People that preach about cables making no difference. I don't care. I'll use my own ears, thanks.

This idea that if I don't love a headphone it's due to my amp. Every amp I ever had is bad according to Head-Fi
biggrin.gif

Ok, sure sometimes this is true..

1 star reviews.

People automatically assuming a headphone will sound like crap due to a 10 ohm output on the E9 or some other amp. Maybe try it first?

Portable amps being the most suggested amping for Q701. This makes me sad. Come on people, the Q701 deserves better!
normal_smile%20.gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 18
Headphones being expensive on Europe...annoying! 

Apr 26, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #5 of 18
People buying overpriced cables and telling us "IT'S THE MOST AMAZING UPGRADE I'VE EVER MADE BECAUSE [...]*" (* something that generally doesn't make sense)

It's a placebo effect, you're trying to convince yourself... Next time, keep this money and take out your wife to dinner in a good restaurant.

Apr 26, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #6 of 18
Last time I talked to a friend he started telling me "I HAVE THE MOST AMAZING GIRLFRIEND EVER BECAUSE..." followed by something that didn't make any sense.  I think he was trying to convince himself... either way he spent a lot more on his girlfriend than anyone I know spends on cables.  He should have saved his money and taken his cable out to dinner - he'd only have to pay for one and no complaints from his dinner companion.

Apr 26, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #7 of 18
Another one..people that think cable upgrades always have to be expensive
biggrin.gif

Never bought a cable over $100...yet. I bought a Cardas HP1 mini to mini cable (6 feet) for $40 new and it's quite nice.
I'm thinking about doing a Cardas recable for my K601 though!

Sorry, don't want to turn this into a cable debate!

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #8 of 18

Quote:

This idea that if I don't love a headphone it's due to my amp. Every amp I ever had is bad according to Head-Fi
biggrin.gif

Ok, sure sometimes this is true..

yeah and your source.....your source must the problem.  are you sure you're using FLAC uncompressed diamond quality bits being spun on a platinum hard drive platter? 

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
Last time I talked to a friend he started telling me "I HAVE THE MOST AMAZING GIRLFRIEND EVER BECAUSE..." followed by something that didn't make any sense.  I think he was trying to convince himself... either way he spent a lot more on his girlfriend than anyone I know spends on cables.  He should have saved his money and taken his cable out to dinner - he'd only have to pay for one and no complaints from his dinner companion.

:)

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #14 of 18
Apr 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #15 of 18
Denon's new lineup, thats disappointing and it makes me upset. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back