ThieAudio Voyager 14
Apr 14, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #346 of 558
Just out of curiousity, could you explain why?
The u12t is a better compromise between BA and DD bass.
I really like the V14 as well, but just not as much as the u12t.

Apr 17, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #347 of 558
Which connection type did you guys choose QDC or 2 Pin?

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #350 of 558
I got the 2pin. I think the lack of support, meaning it rests only on the pins is quite scary

I've had three iems now with that type of connection (ST7/EJ07, V14, L9) and no issues at all. Connection feels stable and secure. I think only one person had an issue with pins breaking inside the connector (most likely due to cable quality rather than connection) and they got proper support. Haven't heard any other complaints.

For reference, EE Legend X uses same connection. See attached picture showing a very clear angle.

But by all means, if you're scared of that connection go for QDC, which is probably safer but less cables to go around.

Attachments

• LegendX.jpg
    LegendX.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #351 of 558
I got the 2pin. I think the lack of support, meaning it rests only on the pins is quite scary
Those pins are likely copper and that is much much stronger than plastic. Do not worry!

Apr 17, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #352 of 558
never had any of my 2pin break on both cheap and expense cables.

Apr 17, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #353 of 558
2 pin connections are plenty strong usually. I just wish it were a recessed 2 pin connection. It may not really help, but it seems like it protects better against sweat and moisture. I actually really like QDC connections, but cables are more limited.

Apr 18, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #354 of 558
Anyone paired them with an silver cable like the ISN Ag8 or Penon Leo Plus?

Apr 18, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #355 of 558
Anyone paired them with an silver cable like the ISN Ag8 or Penon Leo Plus?

I used an 8 core silver cable with V14 and found the pairing to be successful. There's a link I posted somewhere earlier in this thread. I then used a Silver/Copper mix from Electro Acousti and now reverted to using 8 core copper.

I am exploring the combination that preserves the bass slam while somewhat smoothing the upper mids.

I use 01 setting with V14.

Apr 21, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #356 of 558
Great pick up at a great price!

I find spiral dots to be really good with V14.

I also have Anole VX at the moment, and comparing both. They are technically equally able. I feel Anole has more sub bass and more neutral mids, V14 has punchier, forward mids and tighter mid bass. Anole treble can get hot on some tracks but that's the price of Anole's realism I guess. Both have great treble extension.

People who find Anole "artificial" are likey not using the right tips or not getting proper tip insertion. I had that issue and once I solved it things got much better.

My favourite setting is 01. Opens up the stage and makes the sound more coherent for me.

Let us know your impressions as you go. Enjoy the music!
Thank you for the excellent recommendation on the Spiral Dots. I found some and hunted around for the right size for the fit. They seal excellently and really let everything shine. Going back to the stock foam, which are still good sound a bit veiled in comparison to the spiral dots.

Apr 21, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #357 of 558
I still don't understand why Linsoul doesn't put the V14 on Amazon like all other Models.
If i order on Aliexpress or via Linsoul i have to pay the 19% VAT on import, while the Models on Amazon have the same price as on Aliexpress, while already VAT included.

I asked them when they released the V3 on Amazon and they told me, they will offer the V14 there soon, this was nearly 3 month ago.

Apr 21, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #358 of 558
I still don't understand why Linsoul doesn't put the V14 on Amazon like all other Models.
If i order on Aliexpress or via Linsoul i have to pay the 19% VAT on import, while the Models on Amazon have the same price as on Aliexpress, while already VAT included.

I asked them when they released the V3 on Amazon and they told me, they will offer the V14 there soon, this was nearly 3 month ago.
Is it 19% VAT? You can talk to customer service on Linsoul about import fee, for me in Canada, I paid around $20-22 per IEMs V14, L9, and DAWN

Apr 21, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #359 of 558
Is it 19% VAT? You can talk to customer service on Linsoul about import fee, for me in Canada, I paid around $20-22 per IEMs V14, L9, and DAWN

I have to pay the 19% VAT as customs fee on import, or i could talk to the Linsoul Support to declare a wrong value on the package, with the risk to have to pay the customs fee and a penalty charge.

Apr 21, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #360 of 558

Yeah I asked them last week and they said they don’t know when they’ll put them on amazon. They even told me to try and look for other sellers which reiterates that it won’t be for a while, if ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back