ThieAudio Voyager 14
Mar 19, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #256 of 558
@Pretardo and @greenmac generally, people said they have better experience with after market cables, some tried with pure silver and some tried with pure copper.

But those are looking good :D
The cable is a Tripowin cable which is fine. They’re comfortable, don’t tangle and have almost no microphonics. However, I’ve already ordered the Fearless audio upgrade cable.

Mar 19, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #258 of 558
V14 is an amazing set. They were neck and neck with 64 Audio Trio and QDC Anole VX for me. They don't have much to envy except stage depth and "3d" sound. That's the one nitpick. Some might say it's a big enough nitpick, maybe, maybe not....

V14 might also be too resolving and "energetic" for some. It's not a laid back listening experience!

The bass is in a league of its own. It's not DD bass but it doesn't sound like typical BA bass either. Well extended and very well controlled.

Let us know your impressions as you go along. This will help lots of people.
Honeymoon period put aside, I completely agree with you about the bass. It’s awesome on the 0 setting. It has (BA) authority and is quite controlled, but at the same time the highs are super clear and resolving and are unaffected by lows (setting 01).
The sound stage reminds me of the U12t, but there’s just something that feels slightly more open about it. Perhaps it’s the depth or the venting on the bass BAs that gives them a bit more “room” within that sound stage.

Mar 19, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #260 of 558
Are you saying that Voyager 14 has a very mediocre and not aerial scene?
The opposite. The U12t feels like it has less room in the soundstage. Sorry for being unclear.

Mar 19, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #261 of 558
Well, I in some future already wanted to look closely at the U12T, but it is worth in dollars (2000), not in rubles =) Now because of the collapse of our currency, it is very painful for a Russian person to buy something from abroad. Looking at the prices of Chinese headphones from Aliexpress the eye twitches from a nervous breakdown. Fearless S8F cost so much, and now the price is beyond understanding. Even if there is a discount, everything will be expensive.

Mar 19, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #262 of 558
Well, I in some future already wanted to look closely at the U12T, but it is worth in dollars (2000), not in rubles =) Now because of the collapse of our currency, it is very painful for a Russian person to buy something from abroad. Looking at the prices of Chinese headphones from Aliexpress the eye twitches from a nervous breakdown. Fearless S8F cost so much, and now the price is beyond understanding. Even if there is a discount, everything will be expensive.

Things will normalise again. It will be a couple months of panic (people buy USD in panic) and then things will stabilise again. Waiting a little bit is a good strategy right now.

Mar 20, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #264 of 558
Things will normalise again. It will be a couple months of panic (people buy USD in panic) and then things will stabilise again. Waiting a little bit is a good strategy right now.
I agree that things will normalise again. In addition, having been through SARS in Hong Kong in 2004, I urge caution as the economic tail of that epidemic was very long.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #266 of 558
BGGAR ranked the V9 with a S+. I think these would be a instant buy when its out.
No doubt that his list, but I think the placement on the list should be done with production set of IEM's and not "unreleased", as it skews the list or comparison. No doubt he should compare the IEM's his receives and hopefully finalize the placement once he compares with the mass production model. I know he was upset with some IEM's vendors that he recommended and their production QA/QC impacted the IEM's final production result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back