ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Aug 15, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #2,941 of 4,754
The qudelix has enough power to make the Excalibur sound like it should, especially if you connect it through the balanced port and set it to 4V.
In any case, with 2V it is already capable of bursting my Clairvoyance.

Aug 15, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #2,942 of 4,754
Well, unfortunately I don't have enough experience to suggest an appropriate amp.
What I can say for sure is that an iBasso DX300 can drive the Oracle (106 dB/mW) to full potential even at low gain. DX300 is rated at 7V max output (balanced) so you should look at something with similar specs.... apologies if this is not helping, but I'm sure Excalibur users will chime in with some suggestions :relaxed:

Aug 15, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #2,943 of 4,754
Well, unfortunately I don't have enough experience to suggest an appropriate amp.
What I can say for sure is that an iBasso DX300 can drive the Oracle (106 dB/mW) to full potential even at low gain. DX300 is rated at 7V max output (balanced) so you should look at something with similar specs.... apologies if this is not helping, but I'm sure Excalibur users will chime in with some suggestions :relaxed:
I think I either got a bad set or I just don't like the sound because it seriously seems weak even driven full power

Aug 15, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #2,945 of 4,754
Hi, i did an EQ of the Monarch based on my sound preference using "Sound Blaster Command" software but it is not very precise.
EQ_Monarch.PNG

What software are you using for EQing? My OS is Win10

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #2,946 of 4,754
Aug 17, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #2,947 of 4,754

I think I either got a bad set or I just don't like the sound because it seriously seems weak even driven full power
Had same issue with Oracle - the DD was shot on one side. On 1 month old set. Felt like one of the sides was not sealing right but that was faulty driver.

Aug 17, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #2,951 of 4,754
I was dead set on getting the Oracle (maybe even the Monarch) but after all these QC issues reported, I think I'm going to hold off for a while.

Aug 17, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #2,952 of 4,754
I was dead set on getting the Oracle (maybe even the Monarch) but after all these QC issues reported, I think I'm going to hold off for a while.
May not be a bad idea if you are worried. But always keep in mind that those with problems with a product will always be more vocal than those without problems, so you may not get a good picture of quality by monitoring a thread like this.

Aug 17, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #2,953 of 4,754
I really wanted to like them but they took 10 weeks to ship in the first place then showed up with what I assume was a blown driver so I'm staying away from Thieaudio until they get it all the way together.

Aug 17, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #2,954 of 4,754
I really wanted to like them but they took 10 weeks to ship in the first place then showed up with what I assume was a blown driver so I'm staying away from Thieaudio until they get it all the way together.
That's what I'm trying to avoid....wait for the time for them to be made PLUS shipping from China. So many things could go wrong, including "lost in transit". I'm not to confident making a gamble with almost $1k with so many negative things going around.

Aug 17, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #2,955 of 4,754
That's what I'm trying to avoid....wait for the time for them to be made PLUS shipping from China. So many things could go wrong, including "lost in transit". I'm not to confident making a gamble with almost $1k with so many negative things going around.
Yeah, and to be completely honest they were pretty bad about communicating reasons for the wait time, were dishonest about projected shipping times, etc. I can't recommend them at all after this one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back