ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Aug 12, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #2,926 of 4,810
My LSC08 cable is on his way.
Meanwhile, i tried the tips provided with the monarch. The black ones gives less subass compared to the white ones. Maybe i don't use them properly. I don't know.
Ohh the monarch sound reeealy nice with the jvc spiral dots
IMG_20210812_162714.jpg

Compared to my old denon D7000, Monarch are close in term of sound quality and quantity but at the same time they still lacks that airy treble and the subbass region is a bit too much. Maybe the sound will change a bit after burnin.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #2,927 of 4,810
Hi, i am a bit worried about the confort. I have worn the TA Monarch yesterday for hours and now my ears hurts because the shell of the monarch is too large. Do you guys had the same problem? Is there a way to resolve this issue? Can i return them whitout having to pay for the restocking fee?

Aug 13, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #2,928 of 4,810
So overall I love my monarchs and I’m happy with my purchase. However, I do find the bass lacking definition even after EQing the mid bass up. I’m guessing if I wanted an comparable option with better bass I’d either have to spend much more money (iezr1 or legend se)?
If only there were a Monarch + Oracle mix - bass tuned like the Oracle but with treble and detail of the Monarch.

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #2,929 of 4,810
Hi, i am a bit worried about the confort. I have worn the TA Monarch yesterday for hours and now my ears hurts because the shell of the monarch is too large. Do you guys had the same problem? Is there a way to resolve this issue? Can i return them whitout having to pay for the restocking fee?
FWIW after owning them for awhile they no longer hurt my ears. Maybe my ears have stretched out haha (I did start with already large ears though.)

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #2,930 of 4,810
I must say I'm really very impressed with these Oracle... yes, technicalities-wise MEST2 are better (not by a large margin tbh, but it's there), and yes MEST2 can go down a little bit more and the highs are slightly better, but jeez do these Oracle sound good :ksc75smile::ksc75smile: a really fantastic tuning, incredibly engaging... it's just two days, but I'm quite sure these Oracle will be my daily go-to IEMs :ksc75smile:
PS using a iBasso DX300, stock cable and cp100, musical library almost everything but rap/classical

Aug 14, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #2,934 of 4,810
If only there were a Monarch + Oracle mix - bass tuned like the Oracle but with treble and detail of the Monarch.
Have you tried the Clairvoyance.
It is supposed to have a very similar tuning to Oracle but with better technicalities and resolution.

Aug 14, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #2,935 of 4,810
I just got the Excalibur and compared to my FiiO FH7 the base sounds pretty weak, lacking in volume and punch. Is that normal or do I have a bad set? I'm driving them from a Qudelix which should have enough power considering they drive my full size headphones fine.

Aug 14, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #2,936 of 4,810
I just got the Excalibur and compared to my FiiO FH7 the base sounds pretty weak, lacking in volume and punch. Is that normal or do I have a bad set? I'm driving them from a Qudelix which should have enough power considering they drive my full size headphones fine.
Check out Crinnacle’s FR graphs. Something isn’t right…. Bad set, or a bad seal.

graph 5.png

Aug 14, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #2,937 of 4,810
Check out Crinnacle’s FR graphs. Something isn’t right…. Bad set, or a bad seal.

graph 5.png
Thanks for the info, guess I'm sending these back. I know the seal is fine and the FH7 just gets so much louder and feels much more powerful. Guess they're going back, it's a shame since they seem like they'd be great. Does anyone have other recommendations aside from Thieaudio that would be a good upgrade from the FH7 around 4-500?

Aug 15, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #2,938 of 4,810
Thanks for the info, guess I'm sending these back. I know the seal is fine and the FH7 just gets so much louder and feels much more powerful. Guess they're going back, it's a shame since they seem like they'd be great. Does anyone have other recommendations aside from Thieaudio that would be a good upgrade from the FH7 around 4-500?
If I were you, I would try another amp before sending back the Excalibur. The graphs above do not count for sensitivity, and the FH7 are waaaaaay more efficient than Excalibur.... FH7 are rated at 111db/mW while Excalibur are rated at 103db/mW, which in plain english means you need around 6 times the power from the amp to have the Excalibur produce the same loudness as FH7. in other words, it is completely normal the the FH7 can get "so much louder", with Excalibur you will need a more powerful amp. moreover, the tribrids from TA are known to like high power to completely express what they can do in the sub-bass/bass. if instead you want to keep the current amp, you will need a very efficient IEM (look for sensitivity/efficency, tipically expressed in dB/mW)

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #2,939 of 4,810
If I were you, I would try another amp before sending back the Excalibur. The graphs above do not count for sensitivity, and the FH7 are waaaaaay more efficient than Excalibur.... FH7 are rated at 111db/mW while Excalibur are rated at 103db/mW, which in plain english means you need around 6 times the power from the amp to have the Excalibur produce the same loudness as FH7. in other words, it is completely normal the the FH7 can get "so much louder", with Excalibur you will need a more powerful amp. moreover, the tribrids from TA are known to like high power to completely express what they can do in the sub-bass/bass. if instead you want to keep the current amp, you will need a very efficient IEM (look for sensitivity/efficency, tipically expressed in dB/mW)
Excellent point! I should have asked @Orfik if his observation regarding weak bass was at roughly the same overall volume, in which case the FR graphs would be more applicable.

Aug 15, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #2,940 of 4,810
Is there an amp you would recommend for these? I don't have a ton of money but I do like what they seem to be capable of even at lower power and don't want to miss out so something in the 150-250 range would be great. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back