ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Dec 18, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #1,051 of 4,753
The tonality should be judged as a whole IMO. Not in sections. When the vocals don't sound right, there's something very wrong with it.
Tonality certainly should be judged as whole, and is a good example of a limitation of graphs. Changes to one frequency affect the perception of the others. However, it is very helpful to look at graphs to have an idea if there will be problem frequencies for you. Tonality may be “perfect” as a whole, but unlistenable for you, due to certain peaks.

Dec 18, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #1,052 of 4,753
Tonality certainly should be judged as whole, and is a good example of a limitation of graphs. Changes to one frequency affect the perception of the others. However, it is very helpful to look at graphs to have an idea if there will be problem frequencies for you. Tonality may be “perfect” as a whole, but unlistenable for you, due to certain peaks.
To my ears for example the Blon Bl03 has much better tonallity compared to the Clairvoyance. And all the details in the world and the best soundstage and technicalities can't make the Clair more enjoyable.

Dec 18, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #1,053 of 4,753
Dec 18, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #1,054 of 4,753
To my ears for example the Blon Bl03 has much better tonallity compared to the Clairvoyance. And all the details in the world and the best soundstage and technicalities can't make the Clair more enjoyable.
To each their own, and that’s AWESOME for your wallet. The BL03 certainly has a very intoxicating tonality.

Dec 18, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #1,055 of 4,753
Aren't the vocals most affected by the 2-4k area? Why would anybody that listens to music with vocals not care about it. It's very important to me.

Yes vocals are most affected by 2-4k. That's why I say some people are sensitive to it. I care about instrument timbre and the space in the recording. Not as picky with vocals unless they are unnaturally forward. Half the music I listen to with headphones has no vocals (electronic, scores and jazz). But my Monarchs don't subjectively handle vocals or mid bass at an S or A tier level. Dont know about the Clairs.

Dec 18, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #1,056 of 4,753
Yes vocals are most affected by 2-4k. That's why I say some people are sensitive to it. I care about instrument timbre and the space in the recording. Not as picky with vocals unless they are unnaturally forward. Half the music I listen to with headphones has no vocals (electronic, scores and jazz). But my Monarchs don't subjectively handle vocals or mid bass at an S or A tier level. Dont know about the Clairs.
How do u think Monarch is handling instrumental music? I listen to almost only instrumental music/ no vocals

Dec 18, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #1,057 of 4,753
How do u think Monarch is handling instrumental music? I listen to almost only instrumental music/ no vocals

They are great for live music and stringed instruments. Pretty much as good as I've heard for instruments if you are ok with them being thin in the lower mid range and upper bass region where kick drums suffer a little. The overall curve does add lots of clarity and presence to strings, symbols, piano and sub bass helps with depth in live recording or modern studio recordings that don't cut off or lack any bit of resonant sub bass.

Hope that helps. Some rock type instrumentals would likely be better on the Clair. The Monarch seemingly does best with stuff like jazz, orchestra, classical, opera, live folk and even rock if it is live or has some sub bass. And of course they are great with electronic. The Tenet album for instance sounds awesome. I listened to Lee Ritenour the other day and most tracks were great and some were a little thin were the drummer was more prominent.

Dec 19, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #1,059 of 4,753
Dec 19, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #1,060 of 4,753
Not as pretty as the OS849, but it's not only for optics.
Not a fan of thick strand and certainly the splitter and plug ,looks unsymmetrical to me.

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #1,061 of 4,753
Anyone got their CIEM Monarch yet?

Dec 19, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #1,063 of 4,753
Dec 19, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #1,064 of 4,753
What tips has everyone been using with their Monarchs? Need to start a collection
With the new nozzle lip they come with the only tips that worked for me were the Spinfit 360s because they have a built in step for that lip to slot into. See my previous post to see the impact this lip has on tip fitment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back