ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Dec 18, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #1,036 of 4,759
Could be, haha. Looks like the Clairvoyance. Is it shouty for you? The monarch? I find the Orb a lot more tonally correct. I should have baught the Volt I think.
Have you mitigate it by tip-rolling? Mornach are tip sensitive.

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #1,038 of 4,759
....I find the vocals way shouty and unnatural. Is it possible that we hear so differently?.......I find the L3 shouty too , L5 less so.
We all certainly do hear things differently, especially with IEMs, since they bypass so many individual structures of our ear anatomy, which over time, have tailored how we perceive frequencies.

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #1,040 of 4,759
We all certainly do hear things differently, especially with IEMs, since they bypass so many individual structures of our ear anatomy, which over time, have tailored how we perceive frequencies.
Apparently. At least I am finding out what sound signature works best for me I guess.

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #1,041 of 4,759
I have read a review of both ThieAudio, which said that high mids were more shouty in the Clairvoyance than in the Monarch, although from the graphics it should not be like that... I don’t remember where.

I have the Clairvoyance, and for me the 2.5 kHz peak is annoying, I find it shouty on many records, not on others. I also have to say that I only listen to rock and metal, and at high volumes.
I usually reduce that area by EQ by 2 or 3 dBs to feel comfortable, and I love it that way. There are also records with which it sounds too dark with that EQ, and I deactivate it.

Ah, I forgot: they sound more shouty with the iBasso DX160 than with the Qudelix 5k (I have both too).

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #1,042 of 4,759
I have read a review of both ThieAudio, which said that high mids were more shouty in the Clairvoyance than in the Monarch, although from the graphics it should not be like that... I don’t remember where.

I have the Clairvoyance, and for me the 2.5 kHz peak is annoying, I find it shouty on many records, not on others. I also have to say that I only listen to rock and metal, and at high volumes.
I usually reduce that area by EQ by 2 or 3 dBs to feel comfortable, and I love it that way. There are also records with which it sounds too dark with that EQ, and I deactivate it.
At least I am not the only one . I also listen to a lot of rock. I guess I should do some EQing as well.

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #1,043 of 4,759
At least I am not the only one . I also listen to a lot of rock. I guess I should do some EQing as well.
It seems like you are more sensitive to peaks around 2-3KHz. I personally am sensitive to peaks around 4KHz. So, you would probably be best served by IEMs without much pinna gain, and with late peaking pinna gain. The L3 peaks early, and doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

You really should mess around with Crinacle’s or someone else’s graph comparison tools. I know it has helped me identify what my preferences are.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #1,044 of 4,759
It seems like you are more sensitive to peaks around 2-3KHz. I personally am sensitive to peaks around 4KHz. So, you would probably be best served by IEMs without much pinna gain, and with late peaking pinna gain. The L3 peaks early, and doesn’t bother me in the slightest.
Yeah, the L3 is even shoutier for me.

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #1,045 of 4,759
Does anyone tried the Linsoul Nymph cable with the Monarch?

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #1,046 of 4,759
The 2.5 KHz peak is sharper on the Clairvoyance than the Monarch. It's not just about the absolute value but how sharp the peak is relative to frequencies above and below it. I did find that 2.5 KHz peak just a little sharp for me on the Clairvoyance. The rest of the curve and the tonality is phenomenal. Monarch has superior detail but it is definitely not shouty at all. There is a big difference between uncomfortable peaks which can be almost painful versus just an ezcess of information flowing into your ear (can be fatiguing for some, not me).

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #1,047 of 4,759
The 2.5 KHz peak is sharper on the Clairvoyance than the Monarch. It's not just about the absolute value but how sharp the peak is relative to frequencies above and below it. I did find that 2.5 KHz peak just a little sharp for me on the Clairvoyance. The rest of the curve and the tonality is phenomenal. Monarch has superior detail but it is definitely not shouty at all. There is a big difference between uncomfortable peaks which can be almost painful versus just an ezcess of information flowing into your ear (can be fatiguing for some, not me).
The tonality should be judged as a whole IMO. Not in sections. When the vocals don't sound right, there's something very wrong with it.

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #1,048 of 4,759
Does anyone tried the Linsoul Nymph cable with the Monarch?
I have that Nymph on the way with Monarch, I believe it's the same as NiceHck Darkjade. I did demo the twins with Darkjade.

Monarch are part of Nymphalidae butterfly family.😄

Dec 18, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #1,049 of 4,759
I have that Nymph on the way with Monarch, I believe it's the same as NiceHck Darkjade. I did demo the twins with Darkjade.

Monarch are part of Nymphalidae butterfly family.😄

Looks like the Darkjade has a platic chinslider and the Nymph has a metal one, else it looks same.
Really thinking about the Nymph, the Penon CS849 or the step up from it, the Penon OSG for the Monarch.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #1,050 of 4,759
Looks like the Darkjade has a platic chinslider and the Nymph has a metal one, else it looks same.
Really thinking about the Nymph or the step up from it, the Penon OSG for the Monarch.
Darkjade is exceptional . Either way it's your choice☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back