ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Oct 18, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #706 of 4,753
They don't sound similar to me. Odin felt pretty forward sounding and thicker, especially in the vocals, while monarch is more laidback, airy, sterile and thin
Thanks for giving me this comparison. I understand everyone everyone's ears are different but I believe that's more in reference to our preference in tuning. You gave me exactly the info I was looking for!

Oct 18, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #707 of 4,753
Monarch continues to be on my radar, but it bugs me for some reason that it is suggested an impedance adapter needs to be used. It's kinda stupid this bugs me, because in the past (though not so much these days) I had zero issues trying different cables for sonic reasons. Yet, it does. :shrug:

Oct 18, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #708 of 4,753
Monarch continues to be on my radar, but it bugs me for some reason that it is suggested an impedance adapter needs to be used. It's kinda stupid this bugs me, because in the past (though not so much these days) I had zero issues trying different cables for sonic reasons. Yet, it does. :shrug:

I have the Monarch and there's no way I would add an impedance adapter to it. Levels of bass is quite satisfying, especially electronic music. The Weeknd "Scared to Live" feels like the depth of the bass just keeps dropping. Like the best subwoofer I've ever heard.

Oct 18, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #709 of 4,753
I've actually read that alot of people don't like the Monarch with the impedence adapter. Purely what i've read. I don't own the Monarch myself, so i can't speak out of personal experience.

Oct 18, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #710 of 4,753
I've actually read that alot of people don't like the Monarch with the impedence adapter. Purely what i've read. I don't own the Monarch myself, so i can't speak out of personal experience.
Yes, that’s what it seems. I haven’t read of one person liking it, other than Crin, in specific situations. Alternatively, one could easily use a little EQ.

Oct 18, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #711 of 4,753
Clairvoyance like Mids in TWS:

02A7C7D9-C183-4F5D-8EDE-0E554A4355DD.jpeg

I think I paid something like $20 for this on AliExpress with @DynamicEars rec and always thought it sounded great. Finally got around to measure it today.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #713 of 4,753
Relatively new to this thread, I've been reading through the whole thread over the past week haha. I've loved your review comparing so many different IEMs, and specifically as a B2 owner (and Ananda owner, since you mention interest in that), your sound signature preferences seem to align with mine! If you are able to give a percentage, how much of the twins' capabilities would you say the B2 achieves? And likewise for the bass, how much percentage of the twins' bass does the B2 achieve? I'm still within the return period of my B2, and I'm on the fence of keeping it or returning it and trying the Monarch.
I think the twins are like 1 level above the B2, tonally and technically. The monarch technical ability is atleast 2 levels above.
the bass, i think the clair is more controlled than b2, with maybe same punch. The monarch however is less punchy but more deeper.
tonally, the clair is smoother than the B2. The monarch is thinner.
sound wise, the b2 is like the clair, but the clair is like 1 level above b2.

Oct 19, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #714 of 4,753
I think the twins are like 1 level above the B2, tonally and technically. The monarch technical ability is atleast 2 levels above.
the bass, i think the clair is more controlled than b2, with maybe same punch. The monarch however is less punchy but more deeper.

Tat's exactly how i feels when i decide to pick monarch over clairvoyance after my 1 full day test

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #716 of 4,753
I find the Monarch has enough bass as is as well, I listen to Jazz and it is really that if it’s there, it’s there, if there isn’t, it won’t be there.

Also the impedance adapters only bump up the ends of the bass so it probably wouldn’t be that much difference in songs really.

Oct 19, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #717 of 4,753
I also agreed that the monarch got enough bass when needed. Not as punchy as the clair, but its deep. Like having full size subwoofer in my ear.
I also dont need the adapter, as the monarch is already very good sounding for me.
If I want to hear more musical sound, I just put my hd650.
1 thing that I really admired for the monarch is the precission and imaging. When watching movies or gaming, it got like atmos effect.
Bonus thing, the monarch is easy to drive, atleast easier than the clair. It sound good enough when plugged directly to my Xr and ps4 controller.

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #718 of 4,753
I've been waiting since September 1st for my Clairvoyance order. Still hasn't shipped...
LOL, my order was placed in August and I *just now* got confirmation DHL had actually picked up the package and it's en-route. Good things take time I suppose.

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #719 of 4,753
On one hand, I totally get being mad about such long delays (I know I wouldn't be happy), OTOH, hopefully it means Linsoul's OEM is taking the time to make sure QC is up to snuff. If that isn't behind the long delays (and resultant QC is dodgy), bring out the torches and pitchforks, I say! hahahaha

Oct 19, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #720 of 4,753
Thank you for the comparison! I think I’ll stick to the b2 then, as I am not sure I am willing to drop more than twice the price I spent on the b2 for the monarch... yet.

When I am ready to step up to the next tier of IEMs though I know what I’ll most likely be upgrading to :). Unless in half a year to a year’s time the iem game has radically improved again!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back