ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Sep 6, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #391 of 4,771
last week i placed an order for the ciem version of the Monarch. i did not know this thread existed. i will update when i get them in a month or so. the only reason i got the Monarch in custom is that i just sent my v14 back to them to get reshelled and Jessie from said they could use my impressions for the monarch as well. happy times
Awesome! Nice duo. I take it you’ve been enjoying your V14. Can’t wait to read your impressions. Would you mind letting us know how much Linsoul is charging for reshelling the V14?

Sep 6, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #392 of 4,771
last week i placed an order for the ciem version of the Monarch. i did not know this thread existed. i will update when i get them in a month or so. the only reason i got the Monarch in custom is that i just sent my v14 back to them to get reshelled and Jessie from said they could use my impressions for the monarch as well. happy times
Welcome. I have my Monarchs in right now. My thoughts on them are pretty well covered here on this thread. I knew they were technically capable immediately. Sounded a little bright and lean when I first got them, but my source was also new and still warming up. I like the chain I have going now. I think if you give them some power and a source that presents some weight and body, they become a lot of fun. What can you tell us about your experience with the V14?

Sep 6, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #393 of 4,771
Awesome! Nice duo. I take it you’ve been enjoying your V14. Can’t wait to read your impressions. Would you mind letting us know how much Linsoul is charging for reshelling the V14?
Linsoul only charged me 60 bucks for a reshell and they even sent me a shipping label via DHL so I only spent a total of 140 bucks. 80 for impressions and 60 for the reshell so I even save more money since I don't have to get another set of impressions made and send those off.

Sep 6, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #394 of 4,771
Welcome. I have my Monarchs in right now. My thoughts on them are pretty well covered here on this thread. I knew they were technically capable immediately. Sounded a little bright and lean when I first got them, but my source was also new and still warming up. I like the chain I have going now. I think if you give them some power and a source that presents some weight and body, they become a lot of fun. What can you tell us about your experience with the V14?
In hindsight would have preferred to purchase the Clairvoyance instead?

Sep 6, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #395 of 4,771
I have been looking for my endgame iem for a long time and previously had both the 64 audio u12t and QDC anole VX. Those are both great but for some reason the v14's tone and technical ability really suited the music I listen to on a daily basis. (extreme metal and video game ost). I sold those other pairs and love the v14. I ordered the L3 as a custom to try and see if the fit would work with me and it changed my life. Every iem I get from here on will be customs. So I inquired about getting m v14 reshelled and it was approved. Hopefully it doesn't mess up the sound.

Sep 6, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #396 of 4,771
In hindsight would have preferred to purchase the Clairvoyance instead?
Not at all. I figured going into it I would get them both. I didn’t figure I would want to go so far as to get customs done for the Monarch but I’m getting there.

Sep 7, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #397 of 4,771
Is there any direct comparison of monarch/clairvoyance vs IER M9 / Z1R?

Sep 7, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #399 of 4,771
I have a m9 and if my monarch comes before I sell the m9 then I can help out

Nice! Looking forward for your comparisons! Obviously lower mids on m9 is very thick while Monarch will be sterile. Please compare technicality wise, separation, imaging, soundstage width depth and layering, clarity, speed transient if Im not asking too much 😆

Sep 7, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #400 of 4,771
Nice! Looking forward for your comparisons! Obviously lower mids on m9 is very thick while Monarch will be sterile. Please compare technicality wise, separation, imaging, soundstage width depth and layering, clarity, speed transient if Im not asking too much 😆
I'll let you know but I am getting customs so it might awhile

Sep 7, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #401 of 4,771
Anyone have experience sending ear impressions to Linsoul? I was looking at getting the Clair (waiting for more reviews) and was thinking I would go CIEM but I have read that some people have had a really bad experience to the point where they had to simply cancel their order.
I had a pair of l3 customs as my first pair and it took about 7 week's total. The fit was pretty spot on except I had the tiniest little bleed so I wrapped the tips in pipe tape and it fixed real good. It why I decided to get my v14 and Monarch in customs

Sep 7, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #402 of 4,771
Okay I am finally back home. Gonna start answering the questions I received haha.

All my impressions are based off of my Cayin N6ii (T01) 4.4mm Balanced out and stock cable with AZLA Sedna Earfit eartips

HAHA no worries mate, I listen to mainly rock/metal/funk. Bands include UNISON SQUARE GARDEN, Galneryus, Polyphia, POLKADOT STINGRAY and Vulfpeck. I agree that kick drums do not cut through as prominently but if you are just casually listening out for it, I think it's fine. Whereas on the V14 it has a bit more impact and is more obvious to the listener (V14 is on 3.5mm unbalanced btw). Listening to FREE(Instrumental) by POLKADOT STINGRAY, the V14 has more kick drum impact and was definitely something I noticed immediately but the Monarch took me a while to get used to. This would sound a bit strange to describe, but I find that the V14's kick drum impact isn't as "thick" as what the Monarch provides. Monarch provides a more well-rounded kick drum thud compared to the V14 while the V14 sounds a tad thinner but more noticeable.

Not at all, cranking it up to higher volumes (like 42 on my DAP) shows no signs of treble crackling nor causing sibilance.

I wouldn't say imaging is holographic but highs, mids and lows are very well separated, never intersecting but sounds smooth overall. Highs also have a nice decay but never sibilant if this helps with the transient response question.
Polkadot stingray is an amazing band. Do also check out suspended 4th and BAND MAID

Sep 8, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #404 of 4,771
Polkadot stingray is an amazing band. Do also check out suspended 4th and BAND MAID

I have an album from suspended 4th but not BAND MAID. Will check them out thanks! There's also UNISON SQUARE GARDEN and Frederic that I really like a lot too haha

Sep 8, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #405 of 4,771
Can anyone in the US give me some idea how quickly Linsoul shipped out the Universal Clairvoyance IEMs? I noticed express shipping was included at no additional cost but I wasn't sure if they are in stock or are made to order and thus may not ship for weeks after the order.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back