ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Sep 5, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #376 of 4,812
Good points and observation. Definitely the clairvoyance will have more punch based on their mid bass, and BGGAR is bass lover, he loves punchy bass from the very start of his videos.

So do your monarchs have punch on modern recording? Do they "lack" of punch?

Lack punch with modern recordings? Not at all. On the Animals as Leaders track I mentioned the Monarch delivers epic levels of slam. Much more than any other set of headphones I own. I know the word is overused, but "authoritative" is the best adjective I can use. It's not just the volume, but the weight.

Sep 5, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #377 of 4,812
My Thieaudio Clairvoyance (UIEM) has arrived earlier than anticipated. This post is more to express my excitement rather than doing a detailed impression.
IMG20200904215452.jpgIMG20200904215827.jpg

Packed with 8 drivers on each side, the IEM shell is on the fatter size. While I had no issues with fit, my wife with her tiny ears could just for them right with no more wiggle room (Pics for reference).
IMG20200904151104.jpgIMG20200904152534.jpg

Out of the box, the tonality is excellent - I love the Harman IEM frequency response with less energetic upper mids and these were spot on. Some of you may find them to be on the warmer side, but for me they are neutral with a slight mid bass boost.

This IEM has one of the most inoffensive treble presentation while still packed with a good amount of details and air.
The ESTs need some good juice to shine - while they were pretty good with my LG G6, they were much better with the iFi Nano BL and top notch with my desktop chain. That said these IEMs are definitely not power hungry.

The bass riffs are so juicy that I'm finding myself difficult going back to other earphones or headphones I possess.

Detailed review will arrive soon, after I've got some decent time with them.
IMG20200904150610.jpg
Finally some one talking about the Clairvoyance besides BGGR!

Sep 5, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #379 of 4,812
Mine are on the way. Custom faceplate and shell. Universal fit. I’ve now spent enough time (and found the right ear tips for me) with the UIEM Monarch and I want to replace them with Customs. Made a few tweaks to the chain to smooth things out a bit and found EPro Horns at the bottom of my ear tip stash. This is it for me. The clarity, detail, and sub bass are perfect for my tastes.
Has anyone purchased the Custom Clairvoyance?
Love to see pics if possible. :)

Sep 5, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #380 of 4,812
Mine are on the way. Custom faceplate and shell. Universal fit. I’ve now spent enough time (and found the right ear tips for me) with the UIEM Monarch and I want to replace them with Customs. Made a few tweaks to the chain to smooth things out a bit and found EPro Horns at the bottom of my ear tip stash. This is it for me. The clarity, detail, and sub bass are perfect for my tastes.

So you got Monarch and having Clairvoyance on your way? Niceee.. Waiting for your impressions

Sep 5, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #381 of 4,812
So you got Monarch and having Clairvoyance on your way? Niceee.. Waiting for your impressions
If you can pair the Monarch with an audio chain that throws a little weight behind it, it sounds like a fun and technically superior monitor.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #382 of 4,812
If you can pair the Monarch with an audio chain that throws a little weight behind it, it becomes a fun and technically superior monitor.
You wind up buying any impedance adapters for the Monarch?

Sep 5, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #383 of 4,812
If you can pair the Monarch with an audio chain that throws a little weight behind it, it becomes a fun and technically superior monitor.
And it plays well with electronic music, 60’s and 70’s radio rock and roll, and early 80’s post-punk.

Sep 5, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #384 of 4,812
You wind up buying any impedance adapters for the Monarch?
I did. I’ll have it next week. It’s honestly hard for me to imagine the bass presentation getting better than this. I also think there’s something to the impedance match with the PWA no. 10. This is so good. Jesus.

Sep 6, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #385 of 4,812
Congrats buddy.
I can only hope I can reach my end game too.
Tried 64 audio u12t, U18t and was left unimpressed. Legend X and Hero and realised I need dynamic driver to handle bass. Tried a whole bunch of high end IEMs and hope the Clairvoyance or the Monarch will finally settle it for me.
Question, when you get a custom faceplate do they still add 'Thieaudio' label to it?

Sep 6, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #386 of 4,812
Congrats buddy.
I can only hope I can reach my end game too.
Tried 64 audio u12t, U18t and was left unimpressed. Legend X and Hero and realised I need dynamic driver to handle bass. Tried a whole bunch of high end IEMs and hope the Clairvoyance or the Monarch will finally settle it for me.
Question, when you get a custom faceplate do they still add 'Thieaudio' label to it?
I heard you can write a note and whatever you want written.

Sep 6, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #388 of 4,812
Sep 6, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #389 of 4,812
I think for your preferences, especially considering you like the M7, definitely get the clairvoyance. Monarch does get shouty to me and the treble can be slightly hot. Your preferences seem to be quite similar to mine and I think the clairvoyance is way to go. Technicalities are extremely close, to me you trade of that last bit of transient speed compared to the monarch but in return you get better dynamics and tonal depth, so they're more equal than not, it's just that most people prioritise ultimate clarity and transient response over all else these days, hence my comment, but I actually think they're equally matched if you value things like finer tonal shades, micro dynamics and texturing over just raw resolution.
Have you tried the Monarch with the 20 Ohm resistor? I’m curious how it would compare to the “stock” Clairvoyance, since the resistor seems to tame the upper mids and treble some. Actually, the main reasons why I find the 20 Ohm resistor Monarch so intriguing is the slight taming of the upper mids and lower treble, and the slight boost in the lower mids and upper bass. Not so much the huge boost to the sub bass, though that does look fun.

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #390 of 4,812
last week i placed an order for the ciem version of the Monarch. i did not know this thread existed. i will update when i get them in a month or so. the only reason i got the Monarch in custom is that i just sent my v14 back to them to get reshelled and Jessie from said they could use my impressions for the monarch as well. happy times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back