ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 9, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #841 of 4,752
I've been saving all my coins and coupons on Aliexpress to finally pull the trigger on the Clairvoyance during 11.11
Only to find out that they raised the price of the Clairvoyance a couple of days ago.
Major bummer!
Yeah, sucks. I'm expecting the price to go down afterwards, will wait until 11.11. is done.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #842 of 4,752
I've been saving all my coins and coupons on Aliexpress to finally pull the trigger on the Clairvoyance during 11.11
Only to find out that they raised the price of the Clairvoyance a couple of days ago.
Major bummer!
I’m pretty sure they did that to offset the coupons, etc for 11/11. They just don’t want to discount it. Wait until after 11/11, and it will probably return to normal price. If you order now, it would just be delayed due to 11/11 anyways.

Nov 9, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #843 of 4,752
Hi!!
Excuse me bro. For you between Mia and Clairvoyance, which has better:
1.-details in bass, mids, highs,
2.- better extension to high frequencies,
3.- clean and clear sound
4.- natural timbre
5.- wider soundstage?

I would like to buy one but I dont know wich to buy... help please
The Opus Mia is superior in every way IMO , especially soundstage in every direction, clarity and bass quality and details. Overall it's more refined than the Clairvoyance. But it can be more fatiguing also and a bit sibilant on some tracks due to more transparency.

Nov 9, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #844 of 4,752
I also have both, and in my opinion I would say:
1.- Details in bass best in Clairvoyance, in mids and highs quite similar (using blue small filter in Opus Mia)
2.- Quite similar in both (using blue small filter in Opus Mia)
3.- Opus Mia if using silver nozzle (big filter) in Opus Mia, Clairvoyance in another case (any other nozzle other than silver makes the bass muddy the sound a bit in Opus Mia)
4.- Clairvoyance has a more natural timbre
5.- Opus Mia when using the open port, Clairvoyance in another case

It's just my opinion, and I've only had Opus Mia for a few days, so I won't have spent more than 10 hours on it.
The OM goes through a lot of changes with burn in ,so don't judge it now.

Nov 9, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #845 of 4,752
I’m pretty sure they did that to offset the coupons, etc for 11/11. They just don’t want to discount it. Wait until after 11/11, and it will probably return to normal price. If you order now, it would just be delayed due to 11/11 anyways.
The strange part is that a week ago you could get them with coins and coupons at a significant discount. +$100 is total overkill, no one is going to buy them now. But I guess they're trying to drive sales to their own site as well.

Nov 9, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #846 of 4,752
The Opus Mia is superior in every way IMO , especially soundstage in every direction, clarity and bass quality and details. Overall it's more refined than the Clairvoyance. But it can be more fatiguing also and a bit sibilant on some tracks due to more transparency.

Well, that's my opinion, and this is yours. It is clear that you like the warmer and more focused in bass sound of Opus Mia.

Nov 9, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #847 of 4,752
The OM goes through a lot of changes with burn in ,so don't judge it now.

Sorry, but I don't believe in burn in. I believe that it is the ear and the brain that get use to the IEM, and that the IEM does not change with use.

Nov 9, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #848 of 4,752
Sorry, but I don't believe in burn in. I believe that it is the ear and the brain that get use to the IEM, and that the IEM does not change with use.
The problem is believing in something when you don't know for sure. Belief skews the mind , and that applies to other things too. So better to not take positions and observe with an unbiased mind.
Either way ,whether it is mental burn in or not , i liked th OM after a certain point a lot more , and I can't say that about the Clairvoyance.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #849 of 4,752
Well, that's my opinion, and this is yours. It is clear that you like the warmer and more focused in bass sound of Opus Mia.
It's not about warmer or brighter , i use the silver nozzle with less bass quantity, it's about the quality of it which is more detaied and realistic IMO.

Nov 9, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #850 of 4,752
The problem is believing in something when you don't know for sure. Belief skews the mind , and that applies to other things too. So better to not take positions and observe with an unbiased mind.
Either way ,whether it is mental burn in or not , i liked th OM after a certain point a lot more , and I can't say that about the Clairvoyance.

I do not believe in burn in because I have not been able to verify changes in the sound of any headset over time.
Basically, I don't believe in it from my experience. For me, there is no change in the sound of a headset due to time or use.

Nov 9, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #851 of 4,752
I also dont believe with burn in, atleast for IEM. the ie8 and monarch sounds good out from the box, and now its still the same sound like out of box.
However, for the ananda, I can feel the sound opens more for the first hour I tried. now, after maybe 30-40 hours of use, I can feel the sound is more open than before. the tonality is more relaxed, bass seems to punch a bit more and deeper. However, maybe all of this is just my brain adjusting with the ananda.

Nov 10, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #852 of 4,752
Hello! Does anyone have experience with Custom version of the Monarch/Clairvoyance ? Is the difference only a 100 bucks? Is it worth it?

Nov 11, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #855 of 4,752
Hello! Does anyone have experience with Custom version of the Monarch/Clairvoyance ? Is the difference only a 100 bucks? Is it worth it?
Hello back!
Well, it's only a matter of aesthetics of course. The build and sound is exactly the same.
If you're fine with the standard black body and faceplate, then I'd say "no, it's not worth it", but if you want to give those IEMs a different look and like to peek into a clear shell to get a feeling of what's inside (like I do), then it'd be a "yes".
Very personal decision: I can't really be helpful on this one.

The price difference is 60 USD anyway, not 100.

It was, and now it's currently priced at $799
Whoa there! Not the ideal moment to buy on AliExpress with this 11.11 thingie!
Still $699 / $729 on Linsoul though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back