ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 11, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #856 of 4,752
Hello back!
Well, it's only a matter of aesthetics of course. The build and sound is exactly the same.
If you're fine with the standard black body and faceplate, then I'd say "no, it's not worth it", but if you want to give those IEMs a different look and like to peek into a clear shell to get a feeling of what's inside (like I do), then it'd be a "yes".
Very personal decision: I can't really be helpful on this one.

The price difference is 60 USD anyway, not 100.
I am quite sure @W1ll1eTheP1mp meant a CIEM ($100) and not UIEM in custom colors ($60)

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #857 of 4,752
I am quite sure @W1ll1eTheP1mp meant a CIEM ($100) and not UIEM in custom colors ($60)
Dam... You're right! I completely forgot about the CIEM, which is indeed $100 pricier!
Probably because the UIEM fit just perfectly in my ears...
I only thought about the faceplate customization. Sorry for my absent-minded comment!

Nov 12, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #858 of 4,752
Linsoul confirmed my Monarch last Thursday and got a DHL tracking number last Friday morning, but that package hasn't move since that morning. I know some times is like that, it is not updated, but is moving, but never happen to me with DHL.
Anybody with a similar case??
Thanks!

Nov 12, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #859 of 4,752
Thanks!
Many packages from China (Ali) have a tendency to teleport from one place to another (in terms of package tracking) and can get stuck with no updates at all for some time. Stay patient.

Nov 12, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #860 of 4,752
Linsoul confirmed my Monarch last Thursday and got a DHL tracking number last Friday morning, but that package hasn't move since that morning. I know some times is like that, it is not updated, but is moving, but never happen to me with DHL.
Thanks!
Just wondering, did DHL give you and estimated delivery date?

Nov 12, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #861 of 4,752
Just wondering, did DHL give you and estimated delivery date?
Nope! I have no contact from DHL to the date. When I track the number on they website it does not show any other info but the package details, destination and that is all .
Usually when the package is already in the US, DHL start sending me text messages.
What I’m suspecting is that “maybe” they just created the shipping label, but haven’t take it to a DHL facility yet. It was to fast to be honest. I placed the order on Oct. 28 and they sent me the shipping a week later . Most of the customer have been waiting for the Monarch for two to three weeks.

Nov 12, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #862 of 4,752
What I’m suspecting is that “maybe” they just created the shipping label, but haven’t take it to a DHL facility yet.
Yes, unfortunately that’s exactly what happened, that’s why I asked. Once DHL has the package in hand, they give you an estimated delivery date. This is sadly a common practice with certain sellers.

Nov 13, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #864 of 4,752
Nope! I have no contact from DHL to the date. When I track the number on they website it does not show any other info but the package details, destination and that is all .
Usually when the package is already in the US, DHL start sending me text messages.
What I’m suspecting is that “maybe” they just created the shipping label, but haven’t take it to a DHL facility yet. It was to fast to be honest. I placed the order on Oct. 28 and they sent me the shipping a week later . Most of the customer have been waiting for the Monarch for two to three weeks.

I also ordered my Monarchs on Oct 28 and haven't heard anything at all other than an email to say they'd be 15-25 days to build (they are not custom in any way) after they had taken my money. I was kind of hoping they'd ship before 11.11 so I don't get pushed back even further due to high value of processing all kinds of other orders.

If I'm being totally honest, I was hoping they'd ship immediately since they were not listed as sold out, backordered or built to order. I assumed wait times people were reporting we just related to shipping times from China, which do take a few days or week(s) to leave port lately.

Nov 13, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #865 of 4,752
I also ordered my Monarchs on Oct 28 and haven't heard anything at all other than an email to say they'd be 15-25 days to build (they are not custom in any way) after they had taken my money. I was kind of hoping they'd ship before 11.11 so I don't get pushed back even further due to high value of processing all kinds of other orders.

If I'm being totally honest, I was hoping they'd ship immediately since they were not listed as sold out, backordered or built to order. I assumed wait times people were reporting we just related to shipping times from China, which do take a few days or week(s) to leave port lately.
Yes, my order is from October 28. Before placing it I contacted Linsoul’s AEx store about the processing time, they answer me “about 10 days for the Monarch” I assumed they were talking about “working days” therefore I placed my order.
I have limited waiting time, after December 14 or 16 we won’t be at home for 2/3 months so I’m hopping for the order to be ready before that.
They are using DHL express and they work really fast, once I placed an order from China on a Thursday morning and receive my package in New Jersey next Monday in the afternoon.
Early on December I’ll see what can be done with my order if not ready yet, but if DHL don’t have package by December 5th ( is like 28 working days from the moment I paid), it won’t be at home in time.
And I’m counting “working days” as 5 days a week, but they are provably working 6 days a week.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #866 of 4,752
I decided to go with custom universal Clairvoyance. orange color! Just ordered it, and requested the logo to be added. And finally after 40 days my thor mjolnir has shipped via dhl. It's a patience game. My purchase of the Monarch depends on the quality of the Clairvoyance.
Hve u tried both of Monarch and Clairvoyance? Im very keen on a CIEM myself

Nov 14, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #867 of 4,752
Hi. I am really torned between a Monarch or UM MEST. Anyone tried both here? Im also curious about opinions for Monarch/Clairvoyance UIEM vs CIEM. Thieaudio charge only additional 100 usd for a custom !

Both Monarch and MEST gets very good reviews everywhere. And very few are for sale 2nd hand. Thats a very good sign! I just wonder if the objective sound qualities on the MEST is worth twice the price?

Its impossible for me to try before buy here in Norway,unless there is any Norwegians here?.. So i have to buy blind.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #868 of 4,752
Yes, my order is from October 28. Before placing it I contacted Linsoul’s AEx store about the processing time, they answer me “about 10 days for the Monarch” I assumed they were talking about “working days” therefore I placed my order.
I have limited waiting time, after December 14 or 16 we won’t be at home for 2/3 months so I’m hopping for the order to be ready before that.
They are using DHL express and they work really fast, once I placed an order from China on a Thursday morning and receive my package in New Jersey next Monday in the afternoon.
Early on December I’ll see what can be done with my order if not ready yet, but if DHL don’t have package by December 5th ( is like 28 working days from the moment I paid), it won’t be at home in time.
And I’m counting “working days” as 5 days a week, but they are provably working 6 days a week.

I have asked them on Discord and they told me that they consider working days as 5 days a week...

I think that the 10 day schedule for the Monarch is a very optimistic forecast. Not a long time ago they released a note extending those times. Maybe they have seen the success they are having and they have adjusted the manufacturing times... But I think that they are not 100% honest when someone ask during the buying process. A lot of people has complained also when they ask,after purchasing and they told them "next week, next week".

In any case, have you ordered the universal ones? They take more time for the custom version than the unversal one.

In my personal experience, they took exactly one month since the order on the Linsoul website, until they arrived to my door in Spain. And I have read similar experiences, around one month, from ordering to the door, with universal ones. The custom ones might take longer, and I have read people complaining that they are taking too much time.

In any case, DHL does a very good job. So on that front you should be covered.

I think that you should be perfectly fine. You have plenty of time for them to arrive.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #869 of 4,752
My advice when ordering a newly released ThieAudio product, especially one where they pretty much make the item to order, like the Monarch and Clairvoyance, unless they actually have the item in stock and ready to ship, assume it will be AT LEAST a month, just so you don’t drive yourself crazy. I wouldn’t even bother asking the status because you’re not going to get an honest/straightforward response. I ordered the Legacy 3 shortly after it was released, just one of the default designs, and it took about a month for me to get it, even with DHL shipping, so transit time was negligible.

Nov 14, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #870 of 4,752
I have asked them on Discord and they told me that they consider working days as 5 days a week...

I think that the 10 day schedule for the Monarch is a very optimistic forecast. Not a long time ago they released a note extending those times. Maybe they have seen the success they are having and they have adjusted the manufacturing times... But I think that they are not 100% honest when someone ask during the buying process. A lot of people has complained also when they ask,after purchasing and they told them "next week, next week".

In any case, have you ordered the universal ones? They take more time for the custom version than the unversal one.

In my personal experience, they took exactly one month since the order on the Linsoul website, until they arrived to my door in Spain. And I have read similar experiences, around one month, from ordering to the door, with universal ones. The custom ones might take longer, and I have read people complaining that they are taking too much time.

In any case, DHL does a very good job. So on that front you should be covered.

I think that you should be perfectly fine. You have plenty of time for them to arrive.

Good Luck!
Thanks!!! I knew about their discord a couple of days after placing my order. In there they told me a little more, but still plenty of time.
Yes, mine are universal, I was tempted to change the face plates, but didn’t just to make sure I don’t go into more delays .
DHL is actually working better that UPS and Fedex for international orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back