ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 3, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #811 of 4,753
Bought the Ananda for 480usd, 11.11 sale.
early impression, neutral sound, very good tonality. It sounds more like the clair from memory. The monarch is still win with the imaging and details. Bass is a bit thin compared to the twins, and not extend deep like the monarch, but controlled.
Amp using Aune X1.
Bonus, tried moondrop illumination. this sounds like much more refined blessing 2. good tonality, body with details. still not as detailed and separated as the monarch. Tonality is good, but a bit below clair.

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Just to make sure I get it right -
Monarch beats Ananda in detail, imaging and has fuller more extended bass?

Sou listened to Clairvoyance and Monarch and kept the Monarch?

From your statement about the Illumination and Blessing 2 can we understand that tonality wise you rate Clair>Illumination>Monarch and Detail & Imaging Monarch > Illumination ? Clair

Nov 3, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #813 of 4,753
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Just to make sure I get it right -
Monarch beats Ananda in detail, imaging and has fuller more extended bass?

Sou listened to Clairvoyance and Monarch and kept the Monarch?

From your statement about the Illumination and Blessing 2 can we understand that tonality wise you rate Clair>Illumination>Monarch and Detail & Imaging Monarch > Illumination ? Clair
Yes, monarch got more detail retrieval than the ananda. I think the monarch is like arya sound wise, very detailed, superb imaging. While the clair is like ananda, very full and superb tonality.
the ananda got more details retrieval than the clair, but i think not as much as the monarch.
The arya got more bass punch and far more detail retrieval and stage imaging. It sounds like the hd800, but with better tonality. Not as good as the ananda tonality though.
Yes, in my opinion, your tonality and details are correct from those iems.
However, I did not spend enough time with the illumination, so I might be wrong.

Edit: My conclusion, ananda sound signature is simply neutral. Nothing is boosted, while the twins are neutral with bass boosted.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #814 of 4,753
Nov 3, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #815 of 4,753
Does anyone have the Monarch/Clairvoyance with the A2 faceplate? I'm really having trouble deciding which faceplate to go with, but I think I've settled with the A2, but now i don't know which colour the body should be : )

Red or Blue or Dark Blue

Nov 3, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #818 of 4,753
If you pay to get the custom faceplate, is the "Thieaudio" branding/lettering automatically omitted, or do you specifically need to request that the faceplate be left blank?
Just add a note on your order clarifying what you want. Don't assume anything.

You can then confirm your customization with them after in Discord or via email.

Nov 5, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #819 of 4,753
Bought the Ananda for 480usd, 11.11 sale.
early impression, neutral sound, very good tonality. It sounds more like the clair from memory. The monarch is still win with the imaging and details. Bass is a bit thin compared to the twins, and not extend deep like the monarch, but controlled.
Amp using Aune X1.
Bonus, tried moondrop illumination. this sounds like much more refined blessing 2. good tonality, body with details. still not as detailed and separated as the monarch. Tonality is good, but a bit below clair.
WeChat Image_20201102104430.jpgWeChat Image_20201102104453.jpgWeChat Image_20201102104456.jpg
How will the soundstage comparison between Monarch vs Ananda? I know this is unfair. But since you compared the image between these two

Nov 5, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #820 of 4,753
How will the soundstage comparison between Monarch vs Ananda? I know this is unfair. But since you compared the image between these two
soundstage size and depth of course ananda is the winner, however detail retrieval still the monarch wins. From gaming and movie experience, I think ananda got the edge on holographic and imaging, but separation and details the monarch is better. I feel that the ananda can produce atmos effect better than the monarch.
sound tonality is fuller with the ananda than the monarch. Bass punch and deep, monarch wins.
The ananda is a neutral headphone from my hearing, nothing is boosted. While the monarch and clair I believe are bass boosted, monarch with sub bass and clair with punch.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #821 of 4,753
Thieaudio getting ready for 11.11. lol

1604665963185.png

Nov 6, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #824 of 4,753
That's the Aliexpress price.

Thats some dirty move, but I assume a lot of people does that on the 11.11. Same as Black Friday or other events, it's not rare to see excessive drops, only justified because of a previous, unnatural increase.
Could you share if you were stopped at customs in Spain, and if so, how much did you have to pay? Thanks and best regards.

Nov 6, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #825 of 4,753
That's the Aliexpress price.

Thats some dirty move, but I assume a lot of people does that on the 11.11. Same as Black Friday or other events, it's not rare to see excessive drops, only justified because of a previous, unnatural increase.
My guess is it's not going down. Seems like price protection, like you can still use coupons and coins, but there'll be no actual discount from normal. Which sucks, unless DD has some really good seller coupons going, the price will actually be much higher than normal. I was going to get the Clairvoyance but I might wait until after 11.11.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back