ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Aug 19, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #211 of 4,774
I almost pulled the trigger for the clair's ("order now and we ship it with DHL express") but I was still a little concerned about the fit of those. I know my S8F's snug fit into my concha and I compared the Clair's to my S8F's. Taking the connector holes as a reference point I can see that the Clair's would never ever fit my ears. And BTW my ears are not tiny as Richard Jefferson's.

One more comparison between S8F (8BA's) and Clairvoyance. It's not 100% accurate, but pretty close. If your ears average size like mine be aware of the huge shell. I would like to buy the Clair's but I'm sure they will not fit.
The tribrids are "fatter" as in width but not bigger at all like ur comparison picture, they are slightly larger than L9, and L9 had similar sizing to Dawn, and L9 fit wasn't much issue to most people I believe.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #212 of 4,774
I’m really anxiously awaiting Crin’s Monarch and Clairvoyance reviews! Not that it will be the end-all-be-all opinion. I actually am just waiting on more user reviews. They both seem mighty impressive, but it seems ThieAudio has tarnished their reputation with the L3, and thus many people seem hesitant to take a chance on it...how unfortunate.

Aug 22, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #213 of 4,774
I just received my Clairvoyance and as this is not my first tri-hybrid earphone (I had a Jomo Trinity brass and for 2 weeks a prototype from Poland) i need some time to give my opinion on Clairvoyance. My first impression is good: very similar to Jomo but it costs 3 time less and need less power to move EST driver. Meantime i can answer to eventual question about fitting, cable etc, etc

Aug 22, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #214 of 4,774
I’m really anxiously awaiting Crin’s Monarch and Clairvoyance reviews! Not that it will be the end-all-be-all opinion. I actually am just waiting on more user reviews. They both seem mighty impressive, but it seems ThieAudio has tarnished their reputation with the L3, and thus many people seem hesitant to take a chance on it...how unfortunate.

What was the issue with the L3? Unit variance? I think I've heard the brand QC has been not very good so far

Aug 22, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #215 of 4,774
What was the issue with the L3? Unit variance? I think I've heard the brand QC has been not very good so far
Yes, unit variance. Though I don’t know if it was perhaps overstated. Regardless, it has tainted the brand for many people. I seem to mostly get hesitant responses when I rec. a TA product now.

Aug 22, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #216 of 4,774
Yes, unit variance. Though I don’t know if it was perhaps overstated. Regardless, it has tainted the brand for many people. I seem to mostly get hesitant responses when I rec. a TA product now.

Well maybe their quality control or unit variance need to up more to gain trust and maybe the way BGGAR overhype them that made people have bigger expectation, not necessarily their fault too, its comeback to preferences and personal take. Clairvoyance have better tuning from FR to me, but that is out of my budget, while the Monarch is still possible for my spend, but the tuning isn't really to my preferences and back to brand recognition thing again, if they were $100ish IEM i wouldn't hesitate to try, but at $500 segment, i need to think twice. Same if you are facing between 1 IEM with mixed review of the brand and other have a lot of praises, kinda that sort of feeling.
But the tuning themselves that made my decision mostly since the FR of Mofasest Trio is suits my preference rather than Monarch buddy.
I'd like to try ThieAudio when i got chance also.
Still thanks to you for recommendation, more options always a good thing.

Aug 22, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #217 of 4,774
Well maybe their quality control or unit variance need to up more to gain trust and maybe the way BGGAR overhype them that made people have bigger expectation, not necessarily their fault too, its comeback to preferences and personal take. Clairvoyance have better tuning from FR to me, but that is out of my budget, while the Monarch is still possible for my spend, but the tuning isn't really to my preferences and back to brand recognition thing again, if they were $100ish IEM i wouldn't hesitate to try, but at $500 segment, i need to think twice. Same if you are facing between 1 IEM with mixed review of the brand and other have a lot of praises, kinda that sort of feeling.
But the tuning themselves that made my decision mostly since the FR of Mofasest Trio is suits my preference rather than Monarch buddy.
I'd like to try ThieAudio when i got chance also.
Still thanks to you for recommendation, more options always a good thing.
:wink: It’s not just you that is hesitant about TA. Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but the Clairvoyance is slightly less expensive than the Monarch. Both are less than the than the EJO7 and JQ HJ, but more than the Mofa Trio. I have my reservations as well, but not specifically about TA. I’m hesitant to purchase something more than $500 direct from China (to US), in case something is defective, which can happen to any product.

Aug 22, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #218 of 4,774
:wink: It’s not just you that is hesitant about TA. Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but the Clairvoyance is slightly less expensive than the Monarch. Both are less than the than the EJO7 and JQ HJ, but more than the Mofa Trio. I have my reservations as well, but not specifically about TA. I’m hesitant to purchase something more than $500 direct from China (to US), in case something is defective, which can happen to any product.

Ahh my bad, i got confused and was thinking the clairvoyance is the more expensive one. I was interested in Hua Jiang too actually and tuning is good similar to Trio despite a lower bass quantity. But to think twice, i maybe better get the more value one for now, thus im going with mofa Trio

Aug 23, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #219 of 4,774
I just received my Clairvoyance and as this is not my first tri-hybrid earphone (I had a Jomo Trinity brass and for 2 weeks a prototype from Poland) i need some time to give my opinion on Clairvoyance. My first impression is good: very similar to Jomo but it costs 3 time less and need less power to move EST driver. Meantime i can answer to eventual question about fitting, cable etc, etc

Is it so that it's a 2.5mm balanced cable with adapters in the box? If I would buy it, I would need 4.4mm so I guess that would mean either using that adapter all the time or replacing the cable (though I've understood that it's a good quality cable so replacing it with a cheapish one wouldn't be as good as the adapter?).
How do you consider the size of the shells compared to what you've had before, is it the biggest yet?
Did you have the universal one or some of the customizable options? I see that you can choose faceplace and shell now (with some extra money), the faceplate selection seems to be the same as Voyager 14 etc.

Of course, initial sound impressions are welcome :thinking: but take your time :gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #220 of 4,774
Is it so that it's a 2.5mm balanced cable with adapters in the box? If I would buy it, I would need 4.4mm so I guess that would mean either using that adapter all the time or replacing the cable (though I've understood that it's a good quality cable so replacing it with a cheapish one wouldn't be as good as the adapter?).
How do you consider the size of the shells compared to what you've had before, is it the biggest yet?
Did you have the universal one or some of the customizable options? I see that you can choose faceplace and shell now (with some extra money), the faceplate selection seems to be the same as Voyager 14 etc.

Of course, initial sound impressions are welcome :thinking: but take your time :gs1000smile:
So the cable come with 2,5 connector and with 2 adapter to 3. 5 and to 4.4. Are short metallica adapter. I don' like the cable and it's sound and after several attempts I'm using a 24 awg pure copper, balanced cable that i paid 300 USD, not properly à cheapish alternative. The adapter is not a very good adapter. I have the adapter of effect audio and is much better. The size is big but not bigger than Jomo or Noble Katana or A800. I'm using the foamy tip, médium size, and the fitting is quite perfect. To ear perfectly all the drivers you need power and maximum of my Note 9is just sufficient and need 120 with my AK Sr25. When properly powered Claivoyant is a monster of définition and technicality, with both male and female voices perfect. First impression with my Questyle CMA i400 BALANCED DAC and headphone amplifier.

Aug 23, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #221 of 4,774
I think I would want the Clairvoyance with the Monarch faceplate. That faceplate is just so stunning, especially with a lot of the purple color in it.

Aug 23, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #222 of 4,774
I think I would want the Clairvoyance with the Monarch faceplate. That faceplate is just so stunning, especially with a lot of the purple color in it.

Have to admit, they are beautiful

Aug 23, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #223 of 4,774

The Clairvoyance is listed as available from Amazon.com. It is via Linsoul's "store," and the availability isn't until mid to late October.

But if there were a problem going through Amazon is a lot better than sending something directly back to China.

Aug 23, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #225 of 4,774
The Clairvoyance is listed as available from Amazon.com. It is via Linsoul's "store," and the availability isn't until mid to late October.

But if there were a problem going through Amazon is a lot better than sending something directly back to China.
If you're purchasing through an Amazon seller where the purchase is not "serviced by Amazon", returns go back to the original seller, not through Amazon. So you'd still be shipping a return directly back to Linsoul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back